Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Fl. Old Dogger
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed new Demon slip on mufflers plus K&N filter. Sounds great and seems to run better. I'll put some miles on tomorrow.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:54 PM
ftworthcowboy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Left it at Dealers to have Cam Tensioners checked/replaced. 37,xxx miles and extended warranty.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:08 AM
sycle1
Tourer

Finally got to puta couple of Hundred miles on my SG after putting new Kromewerks 2+2+ Black sweeeper bars 4" longer Magnum Shields Black pearl clutch cable, and avon air cusion grips with throttle boss.
All I can say is thank goodness my Handlebar research paid off, no hurting in my back after this ride, I feel like I could ride all day with this bike now.
The Avon grips went on good, however the Clutch side was a bitch to get on and I had to use WD40 to get it on then superglued it to the bars they have this tape you are supposed to use to stick them on, forget it it ain't gunna fit. the TBW side worked perfect first time, although I haven't tuned in the Throttle boss yet but that does take a few go's to get it just right.
Overall very happy and damn it I can't tell any diference of the heat when the cat is in compared to the cat being out its just as hot as it was with the cat.
And I can't tell any difference in sound neither it still sounds the same.
I must say though no power was lost by loosing the cat, she rides just the same.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Joker65
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well... after blowing a head gasket back in September, then having the head welded and re-surfaced, I had some oil issues to resolve.
(Too long to get into here, now.)

Anyway... I picked up a set of heads on eBay, had them sent out to Don Dorfman (Dewey's Heads).
After I got the heads back, and received the new Andrews 57H cams, I tore everything down and rebuilt the top end and swapped cams.
I re-ringed the pistons and replaced some miscellaneous parts to make everything 'new' again, and got it all back together.
She's running strong and pulls hard! I ordered some Crusher 'mellow' baffles before the tune, and now I'm ready to go again.
(Well, except for that damned white stuff that just started falling!)

Now the only thing left is to replace the toggle switch for the passing lamps... WTF!!

Old 12-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by sycle1
Finally got to puta couple of Hundred miles on my SG after putting new Kromewerks 2+2+ Black sweeeper bars 4" longer Magnum Shields Black pearl clutch cable, and avon air cusion grips with throttle boss.
All I can say is thank goodness my Handlebar research paid off, no hurting in my back after this ride, I feel like I could ride all day with this bike now.
The Avon grips went on good, however the Clutch side was a bitch to get on and I had to use WD40 to get it on then superglued it to the bars they have this tape you are supposed to use to stick them on, forget it it ain't gunna fit. the TBW side worked perfect first time, although I haven't tuned in the Throttle boss yet but that does take a few go's to get it just right.
Overall very happy and damn it I can't tell any diference of the heat when the cat is in compared to the cat being out its just as hot as it was with the cat.
And I can't tell any difference in sound neither it still sounds the same.
I must say though no power was lost by loosing the cat, she rides just the same.
1. How tall are you I am curious about those bars.

2. I see you still have heat issue after removing the cat. Did you tune the bike probably running lean?

Old 12-09-2012, 04:55 PM
sycle1
Tourer

Jswerve I am 5 ft 10" short arms, short legs and short body.
LOL!
I do need to do AC, slip ons and get a tuner, hopefully will help with the heat was thinking XIEDS for the interim to richen her up a bit.
Still researching those tuners and slip ons and saving pennies.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by sycle1
Jswerve I am 5 ft 10" short arms, short legs and short body.
LOL!
I do need to do AC, slip ons and get a tuner, hopefully will help with the heat was thinking XIEDS for the interim to richen her up a bit.
Still researching those tuners and slip ons and saving pennies.
Shoot you're a giant compared to me LOL I am only 5'6"

Old 12-10-2012, 06:00 AM
RK Joy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Officially over!

I have been dreading the addition of this post to this thread for a long time. I have been putting it off, hoping for some riding opportunities but it seems clear to me now they just aren't happening. So, yesterday I pulled the cover over my bagger for the long winter. It was a great riding season that seemed to end too soon. Looking forward to the next one!!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Joker65
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RK Joy
I have been dreading the addition of this post to this thread for a long time. I have been putting it off, hoping for some riding opportunities but it seems clear to me now they just aren't happening. So, yesterday I pulled the cover over my bagger for the long winter. It was a great riding season that seemed to end too soon. Looking forward to the next one!!
Dammit Man!!!

I had to do the same thing yesterday... after we got hit with just over 15" of snow!!
Now I pull into the garage and see her sitting there, all covered up; it makes me want to cry.

Like you, I can't wait until next season, not to mention that I just installed new heads and cams!
Open the 2013 season with a tune!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Harley Hound57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I love California weather, ride all year.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?