Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 09:53 PM
07UltraGuy
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 6,167 Likes on 2,215 Posts

Cleaned up more under seat wiring today; it was still a mess and I hated it.
I figured out how to wrangle the rear coms connector to the area between the battery and the rear fender and the front cons connector went into the hollow top tube. Doing that gained me a ton of room.
I checked the swingarm for any slop/ movement and it was really tight; zero lateral movement, so I decided to just clean it all up and leave it alone.

I figured out why that rear caliper was so “affordable”… someone tried to remove the pin without taking the clip off.
That flared out the pin and made it impossible to remove.

I was able to fix it by splitting the caliper and carefully filing down the flared out lip on the pin.
A new pin and a bit of touch up paint, and it was ready to reassemble.

Waiting for my spot in line at the painter is really killing my hopes of riding the last part of the season.

The following 5 users liked this post by 07UltraGuy:
2K10FBLO (09-15-2023), Dynawobble (09-14-2023), NoRegerts (09-15-2023), OkieBill (09-16-2023), scott_0 (09-15-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 10:01 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 579 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
Okay so, about 3 weeks after I bought my Dark Smoke windshield from Klock Werks, they released a new line of colored windshields. Prior to this, their Ice line was available, but the blue looked like glacier ice clear blue and I didn't care for it, so I went with the dark smoke.

Well, I finally got over the shock and ordered the dang blue shield I wished had existed in the first place.

The bike is filthy. Almost 1800 miles and never had a bath.

In the shade

In the sun
That looks so sweet! 👊

The following users liked this post:
NoRegerts (09-15-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 07:28 AM
Mighty Eohippus
Tourer
Received 198 Likes on 97 Posts

Put some extra lighting on I do think a lightly tinted shield would look good but this one works SO GOOD, I’d really hate to up the looks and lower the function.

I think the windshield trim lights are more in rear view mirror level at a stop light, will help in rain and fog. All 3 maybe will help those dreaded people turning in front of us. Most common accidents I believe

The following 5 users liked this post by Mighty Eohippus:
M1dn1t3 (09-15-2023), NoRegerts (09-15-2023), OkieBill (09-16-2023), scott_0 (09-15-2023), V8R (09-15-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 08:21 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,944 Likes on 4,699 Posts

Originally Posted by Mighty Eohippus
Put some extra lighting on I do think a lightly tinted shield would look good but this one works SO GOOD, I’d really hate to up the looks and lower the function.

I think the windshield trim lights are more in rear view mirror level at a stop light, will help in rain and fog. All 3 maybe will help those dreaded people turning in front of us. Most common accidents I believe
I am 6'0" 34" inseem. My windshield is 9" Klock Werks for the Road Glide. I look over it, not through it. My Saddlemen SDC seat raised me a little, but moved me back an inch. I sit in a pocket of air, the wind goes over the top of my helmet. If I didn't have a helmet, the wind would slick back my hair, but not hit my in the eyes, if that makes sense.

What I'm getting at is, it's the wind you're moving, and how you do that can be in different ways. I don't use a back rest, so I keep the windshield as low as possible to prevent a negative pressure on my back, but tall enough to block the wind on my chest. As my bike it set up, I can ride all day without a backrest and be fine. And I broke my back in 10 places recently, so I'm being very careful with my back.

Mighty Eohippus (09-15-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 09:00 AM
2K10FBLO
Road Master
Received 560 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Mighty Eohippus

it's been a long time since I've used it but vht makes a spray tint. You can customize how light or dark by how many coats you apply. Might be worth looking in to. I'm sure there's other brands as well.

One thing though, ensure you let it dry before adding additional coats. I seem to recall it darkening slightly more after it dries. I went to dark on a pair of tail lights bc of that

ajclassic (09-19-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 01:15 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,751 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Originally Posted by 07UltraGuy
Waiting for my spot in line at the painter is really killing my hopes of riding the last part of the season.
Ultra not trying to be a wise guy but don't you all have year round riding in CA?

Old 09-15-2023, 01:20 PM
07UltraGuy
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 6,167 Likes on 2,215 Posts

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
Ultra not trying to be a wise guy but don't you all have year round riding in CA?
Technically; yes, but any riding that happens in 2024 is NEXT season...

Old 09-15-2023, 01:47 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,751 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Technically; yes, but any riding that happens in 2024 is NEXT season...
Oh so true No. 1 good thinking.

Old 09-15-2023, 06:43 PM
Captscotty
Tourer

Received 174 Likes on 80 Posts

I was able to fix it by splitting the caliper and carefully filing down the flared out lip on the pin.
A new pin and a bit of touch up paint, and it was ready to reassemble.
Above and Beyond, brother

Old 09-15-2023, 07:07 PM
Mighty Eohippus
Tourer
Received 198 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by 2K10FBLO
it's been a long time since I've used it but vht makes a spray tint. You can customize how light or dark by how many coats you apply. Might be worth looking in to. I'm sure there's other brands as well.

One thing though, ensure you let it dry before adding additional coats. I seem to recall it darkening slightly more after it dries. I went to dark on a pair of tail lights bc of that
I thought of that. I’ve read about translucent paint. I have an old screen I can experiment on perhaps. I agree with looking over the shield. Tried a 10” long ride shield this week. Sent it back. Caused a lot of turbulence for me. I always wear a full face helmet. I am exchanging it for a 12” which is 2” shorter than what’s on there now. Maybe a Memphis Shades would work. I am loathe to enter another windshield quest like I did with my Street Glide.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?