Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 03:29 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,209 Likes on 3,381 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynawobble
That's definitely better than any dealer. I guess I'm just spoiled. There are 2 indy shops by me. One is a joke but the other is fantastic for tires. 50 bucks a wheel... sometimes less.
That is awesome. We do have one that does it that cheap, but they are too far out of the way for me

Old 05-15-2023, 05:36 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,622 Likes on 1,621 Posts

I have one dealer by me that will install Ride-On in any tire you bring to them. They buy it in 5 gallon buckets.
I just buy the smaller bottles and install myself.

Old 05-16-2023, 01:51 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,751 Likes on 1,014 Posts

I inserted or squeezed or installed Ride On sealant and balancer just a bit ago. The job went very smooth overall and the idea of poking a hole in the bottom of the bottle works great. No need to stop and blow air through the tube to clear it. The trick to remember is the hole is there. Sometimes I forgot and some would leak out or I couldn't squeeze the fluid because the hole wasn't blocked by my thumb. That's just me not watching what I was doing. Next time will be much better.
As for the test ride on the new Metz Cruisetecs and the Ride On I could not be happier! I am definitely a convert to the Ride On. If you need new rubber you cannot go wrong with the Cruisetecs. A big thanks to Gerts for the tire recommendation and to Dyna and sorry I can't remember who else recommended the Ride On, but I thank you all.

I also changed both valve stems and all 6 wheel bearings. I can tell you if you ever change the bearings in the belt pulley you have to get creative with the bearing removal/install tool.

Last edited by Cornpipe; 05-16-2023 at 01:54 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Cornpipe:
Dynawobble (05-16-2023), nobodyknowsme (05-16-2023), OkieBill (05-19-2023), scott_0 (05-16-2023)
Old 05-16-2023, 02:05 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 579 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
I inserted or squeezed or installed Ride On sealant and balancer just a bit ago. The job went very smooth overall and the idea of poking a hole in the bottom of the bottle works great. No need to stop and blow air through the tube to clear it. The trick to remember is the hole is there. Sometimes I forgot and some would leak out or I couldn't squeeze the fluid because the hole wasn't blocked by my thumb. That's just me not watching what I was doing. Next time will be much better.
As for the test ride on the new Metz Cruisetecs and the Ride On I could not be happier! I am definitely a convert to the Ride On. If you need new rubber you cannot go wrong with the Cruisetecs. A big thanks to Gerts for the tire recommendation and to Dyna and sorry I can't remember who else recommended the Ride On, but I thank you all.

I also changed both valve stems and all 6 wheel bearings. I can tell you if you ever change the bearings in the belt pulley you have to get creative with the bearing removal/install tool.
Very nice. I just had a fresh rear cruisetec show up yesterday! Ride On & Cruisetecs are my favorite as well! 🍻

Old 05-16-2023, 02:17 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Very nice. I just had a fresh rear cruisetec show up yesterday! Ride On & Cruisetecs are my favorite as well! 🍻
Yes sir I agree on both counts. One thing for me it was almost impossible to get every drop of Ride On out of each bottle but overall it went great. I'm curious if you had some product loss when you did it. I definitely got enough in each tire so I'm not concerned. I'm sure I'm really close to the recommended amounts for the front and rear.

Old 05-16-2023, 02:19 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 579 Likes on 261 Posts

Yes sir I agree on both counts. One thing for me it was almost impossible to get every drop of Ride On out of each bottle but overall it went great. I'm curious if you had some product loss when you did it. I definitely got enough in each tire so I'm not concerned. I'm sure I'm really close to the recommended amounts for the front and rear.
I can never get it completely empty but I will set my bottles out in the sun for a bit and warm them up. Seems to help!

The following users liked this post:
chopr147 (05-17-2023)
Old 05-16-2023, 02:33 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

I can never get it completely empty but I will set my bottles out in the sun for a bit and warm them up. Seems to help!
Great idea for next time. I know one thing my thumbs are sore as hell from squeezing. I think a cold Corona will cure them.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cornpipe:
Captain Glide (05-17-2023), Dynawobble (05-16-2023)
Old 05-16-2023, 04:47 PM
gonefortheborder
Cruiser
Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Took off the Amazon LED headlight and reinstalled the original. The Amazon light caused the security light to stay on occasionally after starting the bike and at one point the engine shut down while moving. None of that has happened again since I reinstalled the OEM halogen light. I've learned my lesson and ordered a Custom Dynamics LED headlight.

The following 2 users liked this post by gonefortheborder:
OkieBill (05-19-2023), YZR (05-16-2023)
Old 05-16-2023, 05:52 PM
scott_0
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,111 Likes on 1,103 Posts

removed the fork reflectors, and painted the caliper grills

The following 3 users liked this post by scott_0:
chopr147 (05-17-2023), Diesel X (05-16-2023), YZR (05-16-2023)
Old 05-16-2023, 06:07 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,668 Likes on 6,425 Posts

Guess I am one of the few that can attest to the puncture proof aspects of Ride On. Had a screw in my rear for I don't know how long and never lost air. Finally pulled the screw and not a problem.

The following users liked this post:
Dynawobble (05-16-2023)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?