Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 06:23 PM
rideonva
Road Master
Received 1,023 Likes on 512 Posts

I actually bought one and then went ahead and bought WHIM lol. Jumper is somewhere in the box.

Old 05-15-2023, 01:47 AM
AdvanBlack
Former Sponsor
Received 139 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Two years back, I swapped out my speaker lid and just slapped on a new tour pak to my ride today.

Old 05-15-2023, 11:43 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,751 Likes on 1,014 Posts

So after mounting my new front tire by the tie strap method and fighting it for awhile but getting it done. I decided to go to a Indy shop for my rear tire mounting. $75.42 to remove the old tire and mount the new one. This is me taking the wheel off and taking it and the new tire to them. I told them not to balance it since I'm using Ride On but they did anyway. I can remove the stick on weights. The local HD wants $193.50 for one tire mounting with the wheel off. That is crazy money. The indy shop labor rate is $125.00 an hour.

Old 05-15-2023, 12:38 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 579 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
So after mounting my new front tire by the tie strap method and fighting it for awhile but getting it done. I decided to go to a Indy shop for my rear tire mounting. $75.42 to remove the old tire and mount the new one. This is me taking the wheel off and taking it and the new tire to them. I told them not to balance it since I'm using Ride On but they did anyway. I can remove the stick on weights. The local HD wants $193.50 for one tire mounting with the wheel off. That is crazy money. The indy shop labor rate is $125.00 an hour.
Yeah the Harley dealerships can lick my you know what! Even $75 for one tire seems spendy considering it takes 5 minutes start to finish for one tire.

Old 05-15-2023, 12:44 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,209 Likes on 3,381 Posts

That is cheaper than my dealer! It is ridiculous.

We have a great Indy that does my tire work. I just drop off the wheels and tires on my way to work, and pick them up on my way home. $80 each mounted and balanced. Some say that is too much, but the convenience, and customer service they offer is worth it to me.

The following users liked this post:
Dynawobble (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 12:48 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member

Originally Posted by NorthWestern
That is cheaper than my dealer! It is ridiculous.

We have a great Indy that does my tire work. I just drop off the wheels and tires on my way to work, and pick them up on my way home. $80 each mounted and balanced. Some say that is too much, but the convenience, and customer service they offer is worth it to me.
That's definitely better than any dealer. I guess I'm just spoiled. There are 2 indy shops by me. One is a joke but the other is fantastic for tires. 50 bucks a wheel... sometimes less.

Old 05-15-2023, 12:56 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Dynawobble
Yeah the Harley dealerships can lick my you know what! Even $75 for one tire seems spendy considering it takes 5 minutes start to finish for one tire.
Hey Dyna don't you use Ride On? If so my tires take a total of 23oz. 10 in the front and 13 in the rear. That's going to leave 1oz left over in the last bottle. Do you see anything wrong with me splitting the difference in each tire with the last oz?

Old 05-15-2023, 01:10 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member

Hey Dyna don't you use Ride On? If so my tires take a total of 23oz. 10 in the front and 13 in the rear. That's going to leave 1oz left over in the last bottle. Do you see anything wrong with me splitting the difference in each tire with the last oz?
I do use ride on but I'm definitely not qualified to give out that kind of advice lol. I can tell you I am in the same situation with my tires and I've never seemed to have and issue with the extra .5 oz that I always put in.

Old 05-15-2023, 01:29 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Dynawobble
I do use ride on but I'm definitely not qualified to give out that kind of advice lol. I can tell you I am in the same situation with my tires and I've never seemed to have and issue with the extra .5 oz that I always put in.
That's good enough for me thanks. It's strange they have you putting the valve stem between the 10 and 2 o'clock position when squeezing in the goo. I would think 6 o'clock would be the way to go. I haven't tried it yet but will probably get to it tomorrow. I think you were the one who posted the tip about putting a hole in the bottom of the bottle to allow air in.

The following users liked this post:
Dynawobble (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 01:35 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member

That's good enough for me thanks. It's strange they have you putting the valve stem between the 10 and 2 o'clock position when squeezing in the goo. I would think 6 o'clock would be the way to go. I haven't tried it yet but will probably get to it tomorrow. I think you were the one who posted the tip about putting a hole in the bottom of the bottle to allow air in.
I wasn't but that's a great idea!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?