Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2023, 08:29 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,944 Likes on 4,699 Posts

Originally Posted by Bproctor
Added exhaust heat shield insulation. Not sure how much it will help yet; hoping it does and not just a gimmick.
Are you experiencing enough heat to warrant this? I don't know if it will help either, but wrapped exhaust tends to reduce some felt heat, so this has the potential.

Old 03-22-2023, 08:35 AM
Bproctor
Cruiser

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
Are you experiencing enough heat to warrant this? I don't know if it will help either, but wrapped exhaust tends to reduce some felt heat, so this has the potential.
Haven't yet, but Ive only had the bike since late November. I traded in a 2020 fatbob for it. That fatbob put off some serious heat so I'm trying to be a little proactive. Was gonna wrap the pipes, but this looked like a much easier first try. Install was a bit of a pain, but nothing a few select words couldn't fix.

Old 03-22-2023, 08:39 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bproctor
Haven't yet, but Ive only had the bike since late November. I traded in a 2020 fatbob for it. That fatbob put off some serious heat so I'm trying to be a little proactive. Was gonna wrap the pipes, but this looked like a much easier first try. Install was a bit of a pain, but nothing a few select words couldn't fix.
If you're on the Electra Glide, the heat is going to be coming from right behind the collector, on the right side, behind your right leg as you're standing. That's where the CAT is located and that's where the heat will be felt.

I changed my exhaust and heat has not even been a thought since. Either way, best of luck and I hope it helps you out.

Old 03-22-2023, 08:45 AM
Bproctor
Cruiser

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

If you're on the Electra Glide, the heat is going to be coming from right behind the collector, on the right side, behind your right leg as you're standing. That's where the CAT is located and that's where the heat will be felt.

I changed my exhaust and heat has not even been a thought since. Either way, best of luck and I hope it helps you out.
THanks. You know that whole warranty bit is a bummer for me when it comes to changing the exhaust. But definitely in the future.

Old 03-22-2023, 11:55 AM
Morish
Road Captain
Received 329 Likes on 201 Posts

After a lot of consideration with aftermarket upgrade suspension, I decided to go with Wilber’s automatic adjusting shocks and their fork springs. I’ve used Progressive on a few of my bikes and was very happy with there performance. Note, I used progressive on my Heritages. Now, I ride a 21 Ultra Limited and go on many cross country trips. The Wilber’s suspension fits my needs without having to ever adjust the rear shocks once you adjust them at install. Tomorrow is install day, can’t wait to try Wilber’s suspension out.

21 Ultra Limited, stage 2 W torque cam, screaming Eagle intake, custom dynamic lights with break strobe, Kuryakyn extended break pedal, 1’’ extended floorboards, stage 2 stereo, soft break heal shift. HD heated Hammock seat with adjustable back rest.

Last edited by Morish; 03-22-2023 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2023, 02:36 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 3,129 Likes on 1,846 Posts

Originally Posted by rideonva
Installed chinesium (xfmt) lowers. For $105 to the door I’m impressed.
I've had mine for 3 years now (you probably read my review on Amazon). The only downside is that the doors rattle and it's embarrassing rolling up somewhere and you can hear the rattle over the exhaust...

Be sure to blue loctite all the bolts - they will loosen over time. You can also buy the mesh grills from HD to replace the blank panels and get more airflow. Just remove the panels on the inside of the lower (two screws) and then pop the blank panels out - replace with the mesh grills. I use the mesh grills in the summer and blanks in the winter.

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
Note to self - Left and Right Radiator Grilles for lower fairing:

Need these for the summer!

Last edited by BrandonSmith; 03-22-2023 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-22-2023, 02:38 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 3,129 Likes on 1,846 Posts

I went for a little ride and stopped under the bridge in the park to get some cool pictures. I trust that counts as doing something...
Shift linkage next on the list of mods??

Old 03-22-2023, 02:45 PM
rideonva
Road Master
Received 1,023 Likes on 512 Posts

I've had mine for 3 years now (you probably read my review on Amazon). The only downside is that the doors rattle and it's embarrassing rolling up somewhere and you can hear the rattle over the exhaust...

Be sure to blue loctite all the bolts - they will loosen over time. You can also buy the mesh grills from HD to replace the blank panels and get more airflow. Just remove the panels on the inside of the lower (two screws) and then pop the blank panels out - replace with the mesh grills. I use the mesh grills in the summer and blanks in the winter.
Your review was most helpful, I've actually read it both on amazon and in your SG thread, and that's what helped me make my mind

The following users liked this post:
BrandonSmith (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 03:03 PM
RKSal
Intermediate
Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Checked my tire pressure...✔️

Old 03-22-2023, 03:05 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Shift linkage next on the list of mods??
Maybe one day. In the thousands upon thousands of miles ridden, I've never had one fail. I've heard that a nice one would improve shifting though.

Originally Posted by RKSal
Checked my tire pressure...✔️
I hope you added nitrogen!
​​​​​​​

Last edited by NoRegerts; 03-22-2023 at 03:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RKSal (03-22-2023)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?