Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2023, 11:14 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,754 Likes on 1,017 Posts

Originally Posted by 07UltraGuy
What tricks did you use to get it to be bubble & wrinkle free, or was it not that much of an issue since it is really more like a bunch of small stickers instead of one large, solid sticker?
Alot of cursing and swearing was the trick. No seriously it's probably because it was a bunch of little stickers that kept the bubbles and wrinkles at bay. On the flip side because it was a bunch of little stickers not all of them wanted to separate from the backing paper. That was causing small nightmares along the way. I wouldn't do it again at least not decals this size. We also used a computer screen squeegee.

The following users liked this post:
07UltraGuy (02-25-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 11:19 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by qclassic
Cornpipe I had some megaphone slip ones they was loud eye catching but got to loud and I didn’t want
spend more money on the stereo to drown them out while Highway riding. I know few people took the

baffles out the NH.
They say folks shouldn't remove the baffles because it will cause power loss just to gain more sound. I'm in agreement with that line of thinking. I think they sound great as is.

Captain Glide (02-26-2023)
Old 02-25-2023, 12:16 PM
Duke4AZ
Supporter
Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts
Not today, but Thursday I needed to troubleshoot and move my INNOVV K5 camera system because it started to develop an instability in the video record/replay. The help tech said disconnect and reconnect. Disconnecting the system is not simple. The installation included 5 separate modules with 8 different lead wires woven throughout the chassis of the bike and I really did not intend to have to remove the camera anytime soon after I installed it or really ever. That said, where and how it was installed was, IMHO, brilliant (Figure #1) and I was not enthusiastic about moving it. However, I eventually realized its location could, in the remotest of probabilities, be contributing to the instability. I didn't believe that, but figured I should check it out anyway.

Figure 1 INNOVV Installation #2. {Problem with this image orientation. Not sure why or how to fix. Use imagination.}

That was Thursday, and I had a planned ride on Friday and wanted to either get it fixed or just get the camera head removed. Once I got into it, and which is often the case, I ended up going further than just removing the camera. So after having to remove both saddlebags, the seat, the fuel tank, the dash panel the Aux/Signal lights, head light and outer fairing, along with all the associated clamps, connectors and zip-ties and futsing around with various locations and on hand mounting hardware, I came up with a mounting configuration (Figure #2) that was moderately acceptable if it solved the problem, which at the time of this post I still have no confidence that it did. The mounting took a couple of different attempts to get it correct and I ended up rerouting a number of the wire leads for the system. That effort took most of afternoon and late into the evening before I got her all buttoned up and ready for the ride the next morning.

Figure 2 INNOVV Installation #3.

The next morning I ran into a problem. The camera system has a large capacity microSD card that got misplaced somewhere in the carnage of the evening before. After spending 20 minutes scouring every place I could think of, I gave up. At some point you just say, "F#@& it." and move on, which is what happened. It moved on to a perfect local 156-mile lunch run to the top of the Apache Trail and back; some tasty mountain canyon curvies, some beautiful Sonoran Desert landscapes in spring green, wonderful Arizona blue sky sunshine and clean, 65-degree fresh air and a great lunch. Flipping awesome.

Figure #3.

So that is what I did to my bagger the last couple of days. Camera never got tested during the ride and today I have to find that stupid SD card.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your bagger today?-innovv_install-2r.jpg   What did you do to your bagger today?-innovv_install-3r.jpg   What did you do to your bagger today?-apache_trail-02242023.jpg  

Last edited by Duke4AZ; 02-25-2023 at 12:20 PM. Reason: photo orientation
The following 2 users liked this post by Duke4AZ:
chopr147 (02-26-2023), OkieBill (02-27-2023)
Old 02-25-2023, 12:58 PM
pyuchem
Road Warrior
Received 1,007 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
There we go, new Bassani Mid Legnth 2 into 1. Not loud but nice deep growl. There's a removable spiral baffle that I'm keeping in place. Also note the TriBar light is gone too.

I've short arms, I wish those kind of bars had little bent and extreme pullback for short riders. Would love that.

Old 02-25-2023, 02:17 PM
pyuchem
Road Warrior
Received 1,007 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by SSG_B
Went over to Harley today looking for rear peg options. The boards on my Limited hit me in the legs when I back up. Ended up leaving with new led turn signals.

yup...just installed new HD passenger boards last year and immediately saw that I hit my legs when backing up...even with reverse I have it is bothersome. Will have to switch to pegs.

Old 02-25-2023, 02:23 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,709 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Yea unless you have super long spider legs, there is no avoiding hitting the boards. Its the mounts that stick them so stinking far out. Wonder if mounts could be shortened, and still work.

Old 02-25-2023, 04:28 PM
Colorado Arlen
Supporter
Received 678 Likes on 88 Posts

Beautiful Colorado day - mid 50s. Great day for a ride, and then a stop just short of the garage for a wash.. Nothing looks better than shiny black when it’s clean.
​​​​​…

The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado Arlen:
North of You (02-27-2023), OkieBill (02-25-2023)
Old 02-25-2023, 05:03 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 579 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by pyuchem
I've short arms, I wish those kind of bars had little bent and extreme pullback for short riders. Would love that.
There are many pullback riser options out there and I believe kraus make a pullback plate you can use in conjunction with the risers. You can also have a custom seat made to push you and inch or more forward. You can make it happen. Cheers! 🤘

Old 02-25-2023, 05:06 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 579 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
There we go, new Bassani Mid Legnth 2 into 1. Not loud but nice deep growl. There's a removable spiral baffle that I'm keeping in place. Also note the TriBar light is gone too.
Damn I love this bike!

NoRegerts (02-26-2023)
Old 02-25-2023, 07:09 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

I have a question for anyone with a Street Glide or Street Glide Special that are running the Memphis Shades Spoiler windshields. I'm 6'3" running the stock HD seat. If I buy a 6.5" Spoiler shield will it be 6.5 once mounted or do I loose 1.5" after it's mounted? The Memphis site says to measure from the top of the fairing to the top of the shield so I'm hoping their 6.5 height is after being mounted. I don't know if I want to go to the 8.5 Spoiler. Thanks in advance for any help.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?