Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 01:58 AM
Grizzx2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Installed my front fork Air Deflectors from JES. Works like a charm. Don't have to worry about it rubbing the turn signals.

http://jescustomaccents.com/product....&categoryId=34

Old 06-26-2012, 09:13 AM
JS999R
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First I installed Streamliner boards, brake pad and shifter peg. I removed the back shifter lever at the same time, now that area around the primary is easier to clean and besides, I never use the rear shifter. I know the Streamliner design is popular and I can see why. It offers a clean look without being busy. The second upgrade the following day is what I've wanted to do for a long time. When I bought the bike I started adding chrome and went a little crazy there when I realized I liked the look of the back end of the Road Glide and Street Glide. So I removed the straight bar tail lights, replaced them with the Glide tail lights with bullet turn signals. I wanted to get the fascia fender extension with lights but I didn't like the fact they looked like an add on part. I filled in the gap between the saddlebag and fender with a primered yet to be painted form fitting piece. I would like to relocate the license plate to underneath the new tail lights, but I'm having an issue finding something that fits. The Streamliner boards also conforms to the Glide theme.

Yesterday I continued my quest to knock off the Glide look by installing the underneath saddlebag supports and removing the stock saddlebag crash bars. Just doing that really transformed the bike and the look is awesome, very clean and happy with the upgrade. I also removed the bigger passenger floorboards with a set of pegs and chrome peg mounts. The bigger floorboards were nice, the chrome ones with the Road King Classic logo on them, but they didn't fit into the glide look of being minimal. I'll keep them in case I have a two up situation, but that is unlikely since my old lady doesn't ride. I bought all the two up stuff when I bought the bike, passenger back rest, handles and the boards, but only used it once when I took my daughter for a 100 mile ride from my sister's house. She said the ride was comfortable the way I had it set up, but the parts just sit on the shelf and I think I might just sell them so I can get something I can use or look at on a regular basis.

I forgot, a couple days ago I installed a Kuryakyn chrome starter cover and that just about completes the chroming of the engine compartment. The only thing left is to cover the jiffy stand assembly that looks like crap. As part of the Glide look I wanted to concentrate my chrome upgrades to the engine compartment and dechrome the bike from the motor back. However, I already chromed the front end from handlebars down so thats staying and it looks good too.

So that is what I have done the last couple days.

Last edited by JS999R; 06-26-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JS999R
First I installed Streamliner boards, brake pad and shifter peg. I removed the back shifter lever at the same time, now that area around the primary is easier to clean and besides, I never use the rear shifter. I know the Streamliner design is popular and I can see why. It offers a clean look without being busy. The second upgrade the following day is what I've wanted to do for a long time. When I bought the bike I started adding chrome and went a little crazy there when I realized I liked the look of the back end of the Road Glide and Street Glide. So I removed the straight bar tail lights, replaced them with the Glide tail lights with bullet turn signals. I wanted to get the fascia fender extension with lights but I didn't like the fact they looked like an add on part. I filled in the gap between the saddlebag and fender with a primered yet to be painted form fitting piece. I would like to relocate the license plate to underneath the new tail lights, but I'm having an issue finding something that fits. The Streamliner boards also conforms to the Glide theme.

Yesterday I continued my quest to knock off the Glide look by installing the underneath saddlebag supports and removing the stock saddlebag crash bars. Just doing that really transformed the bike and the look is awesome, very clean and happy with the upgrade. I also removed the bigger passenger floorboards with a set of pegs and chrome peg mounts. The bigger floorboards were nice, the chrome ones with the Road King Classic logo on them, but they didn't fit into the glide look of being minimal. I'll keep them in case I have a two up situation, but that is unlikely since my old lady doesn't ride. I bought all the two up stuff when I bought the bike, passenger back rest, handles and the boards, but only used it once when I took my daughter for a 100 mile ride from my sister's house. She said the ride was comfortable the way I had it set up, but the parts just sit on the shelf and I think I might just sell them so I can get something I can use or look at on a regular basis.

I forgot, a couple days ago I installed a Kuryakyn chrome starter cover and that just about completes the chroming of the engine compartment. The only thing left is to cover the jiffy stand assembly that looks like crap. As part of the Glide look I wanted to concentrate my chrome upgrades to the engine compartment and dechrome the bike from the motor back. However, I already chromed the front end from handlebars down so thats staying and it looks good too.

So that is what I have done the last couple days.

Going to have to see some updated pics than!!!!!

Old 06-26-2012, 10:12 AM
solancodad
Cruiser

HD L.E.D. headlight

Old 06-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pulled my secondhand ultra passenger foot boards and replaced them with the streamliner set. MUCH nicer.. Also, removed my SE AC - which has been dripping oil on the engine with a new V&H V02 Naked. Last Saturday I got my tourpak pinstriped to match the pinstriping I had done last year. So nice that things match up like they are supposed to now.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:27 PM
rocstar50
Cruiser

Replaced lost heat shield.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:41 PM
gragg2001
Stage III

New tires and brakes, ready for summer.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:06 PM
nickel dime
Cruiser

Put midframe air deflectors on. After installing the new fans the heat was killing my inner thighs. Much better now and had no real trouble installing them.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:51 PM
jcole
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did I do today?? I bought it and rode it home of course

Old 06-27-2012, 06:41 PM
pjones1969
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Shipped the 18" front / 16" rear 2010 HD Airstrike wheel set and rotors I bought off craigslist last week for $400 (takeoffs from dealer with tires) to Impress Plating and Polishing in California so they would ship out a set of chromed wheels, polished rotors and lower legs to me so I can get rid of the spokes......... scheduled for install, 7/11/12 while I am out of town with the family.

My wife is sure glad..........I've been driving her nuts looking at wheels

(she got a new refrigerator last week)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?