Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 11:10 AM
chopr147
Tourer
Received 305 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Pkman
Went for a beautiful short ride today. It’s 61 degrees and not a cloud in the sky here in North Louisiana.
Can I just give Pkman a "THUMBS DOWN" as my bike sits in the garage and i watch the snow fall?

The following 2 users liked this post by chopr147:
Harfar (01-26-2022), Pkman (01-26-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 01:14 PM
Morish
Road Captain
Received 329 Likes on 201 Posts

Too cold to ride, so I installed a GPS Tracker and Siren on my 2021 Ultra Limited.
Both of them are performing well.

The day she came home, July 7th 2021 I’ve clocked 11,000 miles Stage 2 with torque cam Screaming Eagle intake and fuel management, Stage 2 stereo , Khrome Werks slip on’s , very happy 4.5’’, Split vision mirrors, Kuryakyn Hwy pegs and floorboard inserts, Kuryakyn extended break pedal, Custom dynamic LED lights , fill ins, turn, strobe break, ClearView windshield recurve GT wider for cooler weather and regular recurve for warm weather

Old 01-24-2022, 01:28 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,709 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Wow, 11,000 in 6 months. Lots of seat time.

Old 01-24-2022, 01:30 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Zedbra
Swapped inner fairings on the weekend.

That looks just plain scary.

The following users liked this post:
NoRegerts (01-24-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 01:35 PM
Morish
Road Captain

I did a 23 day cross country trip last year, 6,800 miles . I also did a 7 day trip on my 2019 Heritage. After that 7 day ride I bought my limited.
So far this year, I have a 7 day trip to Missouri and a 10 day trip to the Ozarks .
DAMN, can’t wait to hit the road.

Old 01-24-2022, 03:08 PM
Gorion
Road Captain
Veteran: Coast GuardVeteran: Navy
Received 367 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by itsmf;[url=tel:20405696
20405696[/url]]Did they rape you when you bought your new multi-thousand bike??
now that you made me think back on it, yes, yes they did.

I could have gotten way more bike from the competition for the same money. Stupid me for being loyal to a company that only wants to take more and more.

not their fault though. Totally mine.

Old 01-24-2022, 03:50 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

We speak loudest, when we speak with our wallets. Kinda hard to blame the MoCo for excluding stuff you wanted, when its known up front. I have owned 7 bikes in my lifetime, not a big number, I know. But of that 7, 4 have been HD. I would love a mod sized "adventure" bike, but if HD does not make what I want, when I want it, I look to who does.

When I had my sportster, I was shopping around for a touring bike to move up to. Looked at lots of brands (none new, cause it was used or nothing, for my budget) and the imports were way less, for the same year. Research told me that many had major issues, gears breaking, cams wearing too soon, etc. No resolutions were found, other than thousands of $$ in repairs for a cheap built bike. Their are a few high end models with good longevity histories, but many of those require more frequent maint.

I know the MoCo has had issues, and still has some, but their network of dealers, and rider support is amazing. BMW is trying to step up their game as far as dealer support, but HD has a big head start. Is HD the best? Maybe, maybe not, but it's what I wanted to buy, and what I spent my cash on. If I decide I want more, elsewhere, I will move to that, but the HD was what I wanted.

The new Yamaha top of the line bike compares, in many ways to the CVO, but for the price of a HD limited. If a guy rides stock bikes and is not wanting to be able to customize, with lights, upgrades, etc, imports are a worthy competition.

As you say not their fault. If unhappy, sell it and shop around.

Morish (01-24-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 04:05 PM
Morish
Road Captain

I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a adventure bike. I’ve looked at BMWs and Harley. I wouldn’t at this time buy the Harley for two main reasons.
Size of the gas tank I feel is too small in gallons compared to the BMWs. My buddy’s go to Alaska and having the largest gas tank when your off the grid for awhile is really impossible.
Second, I like the drive shift reliability over Harley’s chain. Debris can and will get into the chain, where the drive shaft your pretty safe from debris.
I do like the Harley auto 2/3’’ suspension comes down at a stop. Where the BMW you have to bounce on the seat for that to happen.
Like you stated, hands down, Harley has the network across the map compared to BMW.

biglew55 (01-24-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 04:25 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

I have never ridden a beemer. My local HD dealer, as of last summer, also became a BMW dealer, and at the time had the full line of both in stock. I believe they offered a GS for test rides as well. Being on the short side, I am leery of a 500+ lb bike when I get off road. Even with the PASpecial lowing, I was still on the ***** of my feet. I did test ride the PA, and loved it. My understanding is the PA is top selling ADV bike in the USA last year.

Although it's taller, I am looking more into a DR650 or KLR, with the DR getting more points from me, for simplicity. As suspected, my "adventures" would not be long ones, but many have taken both models around the world many times. Neither are great freeway bikes. But this is really all a topic for another thread, so I stop. Lol

Morish (01-24-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 04:36 PM
Morish
Road Captain

I think it great to go off the beaten path at times talking about other manufactures Adventure bikes. Some folks need to lighten up a little . LOL
I wish the adventure bikes were a little lower. I’m 6’ with one total hip replacement.
I’ll stop now too. 😎

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?