Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 10:52 AM
T-town
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
I didn't notice the extra width until I really looked. If it works better, use it. No matter how "cool" the bike looks, no one but you cares anyway. If something makes it more comfortable, you're more likely to ride than not, and that's what it's about.
Good point, thanks!

Old 10-26-2021, 11:09 AM
07UltraGuy
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 6,168 Likes on 2,215 Posts

I thought I had added this pic to my previous post, but this shows the 'inner workings' of the new breather and catch can assembly that I made. The bracket that supports this assembly is connected to the backside of the intake plate, so no... it does not just hang there like shown.

Old 10-26-2021, 11:59 AM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,709 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Originally Posted by 07UltraGuy
I thought I had added this pic to my previous post, but this shows the 'inner workings' of the new breather and catch can assembly that I made. The bracket that supports this assembly is connected to the backside of the intake plate, so no... it does not just hang there like shown.
Its obviously well made, but the issue I have with it, and have seen others similar, is the tube going from front to rear cylinder. From my experience, the crap that comes out will settle back inside the head, instead of draining out the tube. I am sure some will, as it exits as a vapor, but the heavier oils it carries might succumb to gravity, and drain back when the engine shuts off. It would be interesting to see the two cylinder heads after a few thousand miles, and see if my theory is correct.

Old 10-26-2021, 12:28 PM
07UltraGuy
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 6,168 Likes on 2,215 Posts

Better in the top end than on the piston in my mind; after all, isn't that where the oil came from in the first place?

Old 10-26-2021, 12:30 PM
chopr147
Tourer
Received 305 Likes on 182 Posts

Rainy day and I planned on doing just the saddlebag mounts which I did.

The main reason I did this is because I added saddle bag organizers and the HD mounts didn't seem to clip in as tight as before. Adding an 1/8 inch made the "click" disappear. Hmmmmm.....

Also my Saddlemen seat came in yesterday earlier than expected and put that on as well. It IS a harder seat right now but I won't knock it. I knew going in it would need some breaking in to soften up. A month from now and 1000 or so miles will let me know if I made a mistake. The passenger seat is much smaller than HD seat. I was surprised at the difference.

I ride 80 % solo. We'll see how my wife likes it. If not, I'll just change the seat when she's with me. Looks good though!

The following 3 users liked this post by chopr147:
07UltraGuy (10-26-2021), 426power (10-26-2021), KW HD (10-27-2021)
Old 10-26-2021, 02:18 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,709 Likes on 1,141 Posts

I agree on keeping it out of the chamber, but the vapors need to escape the cyl head, and if they don't they can turn to sludge, blocking the venting from that head. At least thats MY theory. If you ever have to pull the rockers it would be interesting if there is a build up, more than the rear dyl.

I tend to loot at things and build things based on worse case scenarios.

Old 10-26-2021, 04:10 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
I'm in the market for a wheel chock for my trailer. I'll take a look at the Wheel Dock. Just to fit in with you other curmudgeons, it's not some chinesium BS and it's all made in the US right!? It is made in the US but I'm getting a kick out those posts...
Hopefully you haven't bought one yet. Check out the BIKER BAR. We bought one for our trip out to Sturgis and it's ALL you need. No chocks, NO straps, NO NOTHING ELSE! Rock solid & bike never moved a centimeter in 2000 miles plus!

https://rickrak.com/product/biker-ba...BoCwnwQAvD_BwE

The following 4 users liked this post by Oil, Gas & Leather:
chopr147 (10-27-2021), Jarhead74 (10-27-2021), KW HD (10-27-2021), NoRegerts (10-26-2021)
Old 10-26-2021, 04:14 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Crash time!

Haven't posted here for a while cuz I crashed out. Ran my precious machine into a deep ditch at about 70mph+. Broke my right clavicle & left middle finger. Nearly broke left leg too...it's still killing me! Bike goes to the shop Thursday, hopefully it's not totaled. I don't think it is. Ditch was all soft dirt & brush. less than a mile from home! I'll take a couple pics of bike & post. I have thousands into it, so it just cannot be totaled! Progressive will lemme no...(

The following 2 users liked this post by Oil, Gas & Leather:
NoRegerts (10-26-2021), T-town (10-27-2021)
Old 10-26-2021, 04:58 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,944 Likes on 4,699 Posts

Originally Posted by Oil, Gas & Leather
Hopefully you haven't bought one yet. Check out the BIKER BAR. We bought one for our trip out to Sturgis and it's ALL you need. No chocks, NO straps, NO NOTHING ELSE! Rock solid & bike never moved a centimeter in 2000 miles plus!

https://rickrak.com/product/biker-ba...BoCwnwQAvD_BwE
I have not yet purchased one. It isn't high on the list, my bike has thus far never been on a trailer. I was thinking more for club support or in the event I may need it.
Haven't posted here for a while cuz I crashed out. Ran my precious machine into a deep ditch at about 70mph+. Broke my right clavicle & left middle finger. Nearly broke left leg too...it's still killing me! Bike goes to the shop Thursday, hopefully it's not totaled. I don't think it is. Ditch was all soft dirt & brush. less than a mile from home! I'll take a couple pics of bike & post. I have thousands into it, so it just cannot be totaled! Progressive will lemme no...(
Damn, heal up quick!

The following users liked this post:
Oil, Gas & Leather (10-26-2021)
Old 10-26-2021, 05:51 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,752 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Damn OG I was wondering where you've been. Sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you and your bike get back to 100% soon. Never good hearing this kind of news. That's Rifle and you now we don't want a third!

The following 3 users liked this post by Cornpipe:
chopr147 (10-27-2021), KW HD (10-27-2021), Oil, Gas & Leather (10-26-2021)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?