Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 08:33 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,709 Likes on 1,141 Posts

It was an 18yr old kid and had been tailgating me for over a mile. I keep at least a 2 second gap between me and vehicle in front of me and we were doing 65. His buddy (We found out after the accident cause he came back) was in a truck in front of me, and was following someone else so close, that when the sudden braking started, he had to go into the median, to avoid rear ending someone else. Years back I swapped the front rotors on my Accord from OEM's that warped every year, to drilled and slotted aftermarket ones. No more warped rotors and much better stopping power. Short story, I stopped about 10 ft behind where the truck should have been, and looked into my mirror just in time to see the kid behind me cover the last half car length and slam into us at about 20-25 mph.

We are both suffering sometime excruciating pain in our backs, neck and head. The wife just got prescribed PT today and I see my reg doc soon. Believe it or not, this is the 3rd time we have been rear ended, but first time we have been injured. A Christmas tree could have lit up in front of this kid and would not have mattered, because he was too close. Most times I looked in my mirror I could not see his headlights. In the fast lane, matched speed with all traffic in front of me and right lane full as well.

Youthful inexperience, and hopefully it will save his or someone elses life someday.

The following users liked this post:
phil48315 (10-21-2021)
Old 10-21-2021, 08:34 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Morish
Agree, that’s why I also have a strobe on my break, fill in lights and tour pack. It strobes 3 times then solid for approximately 5 seconds the strobes again.
Manufacture Custom Dynamic

Stay safe y’all
I just got CD filllerz today. What strobe did you get? Part number?

Old 10-21-2021, 08:36 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Phil48315

Thats some serious red back there. Thats my goal as well.

phil48315 (10-21-2021)
Old 10-21-2021, 09:10 PM
BouseBill
Road Master
Received 1,399 Likes on 605 Posts

Originally Posted by handirifle
It was an 18yr old kid and had been tailgating me for over a mile. I keep at least a 2 second gap between me and vehicle in front of me and we were doing 65. His buddy (We found out after the accident cause he came back) was in a truck in front of me, and was following someone else so close, that when the sudden braking started, he had to go into the median, to avoid rear ending someone else. Years back I swapped the front rotors on my Accord from OEM's that warped every year, to drilled and slotted aftermarket ones. No more warped rotors and much better stopping power. Short story, I stopped about 10 ft behind where the truck should have been, and looked into my mirror just in time to see the kid behind me cover the last half car length and slam into us at about 20-25 mph.

We are both suffering sometime excruciating pain in our backs, neck and head. The wife just got prescribed PT today and I see my reg doc soon. Believe it or not, this is the 3rd time we have been rear ended, but first time we have been injured. A Christmas tree could have lit up in front of this kid and would not have mattered, because he was too close. Most times I looked in my mirror I could not see his headlights. In the fast lane, matched speed with all traffic in front of me and right lane full as well.

Youthful inexperience, and hopefully it will save his or someone elses life someday.
Was away from the forum for a couple days and did not see you post until now... Man, glad to hear you both are NOT in the hospital. Still hire a good personal injury lawyer....my DIL is a paralegal for an ambulance chaser LOL You could be riding a new CVO in a couple years l

Old 10-21-2021, 09:17 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Lol, not looking to get rich off this, or even get what's not ours or rightfully due us, but do not want to be taken to the cleaners either. Our concern is our health, and our car. Its a 2005, we bought brand new, now with many miles, but honestly looks and runs like new, and I am meticulous about maintaining it. The worst part is the climate of auto prices and availability right now. We really want the car fixed, not totaled, so will see what they offer. Nothing is off the table at this juncture.

Oh and thanks for the kind words.

Old 10-21-2021, 09:34 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,752 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Lol, not looking to get rich off this, or even get what's not ours or rightfully due us, but do not want to be taken to the cleaners either. Our concern is our health, and our car. Its a 2005, we bought brand new, now with many miles, but honestly looks and runs like new, and I am meticulous about maintaining it. The worst part is the climate of auto prices and availability right now. We really want the car fixed, not totaled, so will see what they offer. Nothing is off the table at this juncture.Oh and thanks for the kind words.
Sorry to hear about this Rifle glad you two are up and around but that pain is not good. That damn tail gating is the worst right along with cell phones. Here's the back of my RKS lite up with all Custom Dynamics products. I hope you guys get better soon.

Old 10-21-2021, 11:14 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

That looks nice. I will post a pic when my Fillerz are installed.

Old 10-22-2021, 04:44 AM
Morish
Road Captain
Received 329 Likes on 201 Posts

It’s a Custom Dynamic product, not sure of part number. I ordered it through Harley Davidson dealer where I bought my bike and they installed.
I imagine you can go into their website Custom Dynamic and check it out.

Old 10-22-2021, 07:01 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,752 Likes on 1,015 Posts

That looks nice. I will post a pic when my Fillerz are installed.
And that's just my running lights. The luggage rack, bag, turn signals, license plate, and tribar lights are also brake lights. Look forward to seeing your install.

Old 10-22-2021, 10:23 AM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Morish

Ok, thanks. Thought it might have been something you recently ordered. I just received their catalog along with my Fillerz order.

Cornpipe,

Great, I love it. Light that Christmas tree up. Lol

Morish (10-22-2021)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?