Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 09:29 AM
07UltraGuy
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 6,167 Likes on 2,215 Posts

I've been playing with different versions of this setup for most of a year.
Initially, I used chrome 3/8" tubing to make the almost 90° bend and a couple of fittings to provide a secure mounting point for just the small K&N filter, but i decided to add the catch can and that's when it started to ecome complicated.
Yes, the whole thing is now aircraft fittings.
I had to modify the ends of vent tube and the catch can as both of them had a barbed flange to secure with a hose & clamp.
By carefully grinding down that hose barb, I was able to make them both work with compression sleeves.
The length of both was questionable, so I didn't just cut the barbs off, I ground them down with a dremel and a sanding wheel; tedious but worthwhile given the result.
(Vent tube/crossover is 3/8" and the catch can is actually 5/16")
I got lucky with this revision that I was able to use all fittings instead of needing tubing to make the 90° bend.
I used an extender fitting to get the "T" to align to the center of the air cleaner, and another to drop the assembly low enough to clear the throttle pivot arm.

Old 10-21-2021, 09:35 AM
07UltraGuy
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 6,167 Likes on 2,215 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclone65
Looks solid as hell!!

But I'm curious does the horseshoe shaped tubing behind and on top of the air cleaner screw into the black T- fittings you've made there??

I've been contemplating doing this to my '15 this winter
Failed to quote you on my response so it was posted without tagging your question.

I've been playing with different versions of this setup for most of a year.
Initially, I used chrome 3/8" tubing to make the almost 90° bend and a couple of fittings to provide a secure mounting point for just the small K&N filter, but i decided to add the catch can and that's when it started to ecome complicated.
Yes, the whole thing is now aircraft fittings.
I had to modify the ends of vent tube and the catch can as both of them had a barbed flange to secure with a hose & clamp.
By carefully grinding down that hose barb, I was able to make them both work with compression sleeves.
The length of both was questionable, so I didn't just cut the barbs off, I ground them down with a dremel and a sanding wheel; tedious but worthwhile given the result.
(Vent tube/crossover is 3/8" and the catch can is actually 5/16")
I got lucky with this revision that I was able to use all fittings instead of needing tubing to make the 90° bend.
I used an extender fitting to get the "T" to align to the center of the air cleaner, and another to drop the assembly low enough to clear the throttle pivot arm.

Old 10-21-2021, 10:09 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

Due the Covid restrictions and some unrelated health problems, I haven't been riding much for almost a year. Things are looking better for both and I'm starting to get back on the bike more these days.

Not today, but about two weeks ago I replaced my Reach HB's with a set of KST 10" Six Bend Kickers. Already had wire extensions, so no changes was necessary other than a slight adjustment to the Cluch and Brake cables.

I'm very short (5'-5"), but my arms were still angled down to the grips and I felt like I was constantly leaning into the bars. The 10" bars put my hands just about level with my shoulders, a much more comfortable riding position. That being said, these bars are considerably wider than the Reach bars and it is taking some getting used to, especially when doing slow manuvering as the extension of my short arms is a little extreme. I hope I can get used to it.

The KST bars are 1 1/4" diameter, but neck down at the clamp. The wires were difficult to get past that neck down point. The larger diameter bar is nice but it also made putting everything back together, as the inner fairing is hard up against the bars, difficult, to say the least. Many of the fairing mounting bolts did not want to allign up with theit threaded holes...one STPITA. Also, two full tear downs and reassemblies of the Fairings werre necessary because you do need to make sure all the wire connectors are snapped together the first time...me stupid!

Here is a pic, sorry it is a little dark as it is parked under my car port.

Damn, went to straighten the bike for the pic and the mirror hit the wall! Had just got it adjusted where I wanted it to be..

Old 10-21-2021, 11:09 AM
T-town
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BouseBill
50 mile ride this morning. I'm happy with the new windshield. Should keep the bugs out of my eyes next spring and summer. The air definitely flows above my helmet now. 12 miles on the freeway at 80 mph, I could not hear the music though .
I just got an email my Freedom Shield will be delivered today, I’m anxious to get it on and try it out!

Old 10-21-2021, 11:12 AM
T-town
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Morish
Stage 2 upgrade coming soon. LOL
I ride a 2021 Ultra. I went with ClearView stock height re curve Windshield and I also did the Stage 2 Stereo upgraded and WOW. If your thinking of doing this upgrade, you will not be disappointed. 80mph+ No problem hearing your favorite tunes.
What did the stage 2 radio upgrade set you back? I want to upgrade mine, not necessarily for volume but better sound quality.

Old 10-21-2021, 11:37 AM
Morish
Road Captain
Received 329 Likes on 201 Posts

Within a 100 bucks or so 1,400.00.
For myself, it was a great investment. I ride a lot and do cross country trips.
Keep safe

The following users liked this post:
T-town (10-21-2021)
Old 10-21-2021, 03:53 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,709 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Have not installed them yet, but received my Custom Dynamics Fillerz, for the saddlebag supports. So far everything looks fantastic. Only tiny gig, is their instructions need to be updated a little. They refer to a scotch lock (forget the name they call it) connector, that splices the wire, but these have pigtails and locking connectors, which is much better. The color coding still matches, so its easy to figure it our. Maybe could actually label everything Left or Right to REALLY idiot proof the install, lol.

Seriously it took about 5 min to cross reference the wires and instructions, so no big deal. Will take before and after pics. Eventual plan is for bag lights as well. Big bright red christmas tree when I am done.

Prob will be a couple days before the install. The wife and I got rear ended, in our car, Tuesday afternoon. Spent 3.5hrs last night in ER. Luckily nothing broken, but we are really hurting. Car is at body shop awaiting an estimate. This is NOT a good time to be repairing or replacing (a real possibility) it.

Old 10-21-2021, 03:55 PM
qclassic
Tourer
Received 192 Likes on 121 Posts
Default Bit the bullet

Had to pay HD $149.00 plus for the polish right front rotors plu shipping but the left polish rotor $127.00 not from the same dealer . I had a hard time finding someone that he'd both sides, out of stock and backed ordered till 6/2022

Does one side rotor warp more than the other side.
Even the plane finish rotor they didn't have both sides .

Old 10-21-2021, 05:31 PM
phil48315
Road Warrior
Received 1,638 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by handirifle
Have not installed them yet, but received my Custom Dynamics Fillerz, for the saddlebag supports. So far everything looks fantastic. Only tiny gig, is their instructions need to be updated a little. They refer to a scotch lock (forget the name they call it) connector, that splices the wire, but these have pigtails and locking connectors, which is much better. The color coding still matches, so its easy to figure it our. Maybe could actually label everything Left or Right to REALLY idiot proof the install, lol.

Seriously it took about 5 min to cross reference the wires and instructions, so no big deal. Will take before and after pics. Eventual plan is for bag lights as well. Big bright red christmas tree when I am done.

Prob will be a couple days before the install. The wife and I got rear ended, in our car, Tuesday afternoon. Spent 3.5hrs last night in ER. Luckily nothing broken, but we are really hurting. Car is at body shop awaiting an estimate. This is NOT a good time to be repairing or replacing (a real possibility) it.
Glad you are ok !
I am always worried about someone not paying attention running into the back of me.
I have all LED lighting across the back of the bike, It is nice and bright !

The following 2 users liked this post by phil48315:
Captain Glide (10-22-2021), Morish (10-21-2021)
Old 10-21-2021, 05:44 PM
Morish
Road Captain
Received 329 Likes on 201 Posts

Agree, that’s why I also have a strobe on my break, fill in lights and tour pack. It strobes 3 times then solid for approximately 5 seconds the strobes again.
Manufacture Custom Dynamic

Stay safe y’all

The following users liked this post:
phil48315 (10-21-2021)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?