Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 08:21 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,751 Likes on 1,014 Posts

I'm installing this today. The K&N hi flow air filter HD-1717. Before all the armchair tuning professionals and **** house lawyers chim in I had my bike checked out already. The factory M8 AFR settings will have no problem running this filter in my stock airbox. No need for a retune, remap,reflash or aftermarket tuner. My warranty will not be affected at all by this filter and my DS 3.5 slip-ons. I pulled this pic off of Chinazon but it's the same filter I'm getting delivered today.

Old 06-29-2021, 09:09 AM
speedkills66
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
I'm installing this today. The K&N hi flow air filter HD-1717. Before all the armchair tuning professionals and **** house lawyers chim in I had my bike checked out already. The factory M8 AFR settings will have no problem running this filter in my stock airbox. No need for a retune, remap,reflash or aftermarket tuner. My warranty will not be affected at all by this filter and my DS 3.5 slip-ons. I pulled this pic off of Chinazon but it's the same filter I'm getting delivered today.
Curious...if you're not interested in a "retune, remap,reflash or aftermarket tuner" then why change to a "hi flow" filter at all?

The following 2 users liked this post by speedkills66:
BigBlue1! (06-29-2021), Oil, Gas & Leather (07-07-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 09:39 AM
JakeC7R
Road Master
Received 323 Likes on 188 Posts

I hope you have better luck with that filter than I did. The lower mounting hole broke out before I could get it torqued down - it's all plastic and does not have the metal inserts like the OEM version. The factory calls for 40-60 inch pounds and K&N says put it at 45 inch pounds. I set my torque wrench at 30 and it broke before I even got there. The bolt pulled through the plastic mounting and it never got snug. So if you don't go by the recommended torque it might work out for you. Just my $.02. I think the design needs some improvement, like some metal inserts.

The following users liked this post:
Oil, Gas & Leather (07-07-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 10:10 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by speedkills66
Curious...if you're not interested in a "retune, remap,reflash or aftermarket tuner" then why change to a "hi flow" filter at all?
Why not it was only 60.00 and it's reusable. You can't go wrong with a K&N regardless.

Old 06-29-2021, 10:12 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by JakeC7R
I hope you have better luck with that filter than I did. The lower mounting hole broke out before I could get it torqued down - it's all plastic and does not have the metal inserts like the OEM version. The factory calls for 40-60 inch pounds and K&N says put it at 45 inch pounds. I set my torque wrench at 30 and it broke before I even got there. The bolt pulled through the plastic mounting and it never got snug. So if you don't go by the recommended torque it might work out for you. Just my $.02. I think the design needs some improvement, like some metal inserts.
Yes sir I read all the reviews but I only snug the bolts no torque numbers needed.

Old 06-29-2021, 10:21 AM
Miatsoci
Advanced
Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts

Yes sir I read all the reviews but I only snug the bolts no torque numbers needed.
I went with this.. Luv the look but put machined metal silver ring around for accent

Old 06-29-2021, 10:32 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Miatsoci
I went with this.. Luv the look but put machined metal silver ring around for accent
Very nice piece. Did you make the ring yourself? Maybe a pic of the finished product if you have one?

Old 06-29-2021, 11:19 AM
Miatsoci
Advanced
Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts

Very nice piece. Did you make the ring yourself? Maybe a pic of the finished product if you have one?
Getting ready to cast off on boat to Kent Narrows, MD.. When I get back I'll snap a few.and thanks. Got it for 170 off because it was open box from Revzilla. Harley Tech checked out and said it was in perfect condition. Said it is a Max flow design before he did the SCE Pro Tune

Old 06-29-2021, 11:36 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Miatsoci
Getting ready to cast off on boat to Kent Narrows, MD.. When I get back I'll snap a few.and thanks. Got it for 170 off because it was open box from Revzilla. Harley Tech checked out and said it was in perfect condition. Said it is a Max flow design before he did the SCE Pro Tune
That's a great area for boating and crabbing. I have a sister that lives in Bowleys Quarters on the water in Middle River. My bro-in-law takes us down to Kent Narrows on his boat. It's hot as hell today make sure to wear sunblock. 😁

Old 06-29-2021, 03:40 PM
wingscustom
Former Sponsor
Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Look at these handlebars along Brazilian roads.

Road Glide Special 114 2020 customized.

At the brazilian roads.

The following 2 users liked this post by wingscustom:
Bloody Marvelous (06-29-2021), Oil, Gas & Leather (07-07-2021)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?