Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 06:50 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,751 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel X
Saturday Battlefield Hd birthday bash had the Fairing Exchange do a color matched fairing and 12 inch KST Mayhem bars
Damn Sam that looks awesome! What did that set you back if you don't mind me asking? Probably got a decent price since it was an exchange deal. That color is badazz!

Old 06-07-2021, 07:52 PM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,481 Likes on 3,902 Posts

Simple , not really , what should have been a 5 min job , took about 45 min . I bought the HD chrome visor for my king , knowing that it was going to be challenge . I had previously read posts how difficult it is to get this thing to sit " just right " .

I read a thread where someone took the original trim ring off , then cut some notches in the backing plate where the head light mounts , then bent them back , your done !

I'd like to thank who ever that was , I can't remember .

I used a dremel tool with a small cut off wheel , then trimmed the tabs , 4 of them , a little shorter to match the chrome headlight housing , worked like a charm . No need to use the original trim ring and screw , put it away . I took my headlight off the bike , but didn't remove it from the housing .

The following users liked this post:
bunk216 (06-08-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 11:03 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 599 Likes on 361 Posts

Road it 400+ miles SF to Reno Nevada and back for Street Vibrations. Absolutely beautiful weather and ride!

Captain Glide (06-08-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 11:22 PM
Zedbra
Road Warrior
Received 908 Likes on 503 Posts

Spent Saturday night tearing out the Rekluse clutch that I just couldn't seem to find a happy moment with and got to work with the new hardware - my Sportsman Bandit finally showed up from Zippers.

While in there, I added a new Pingle greaseable shift shaft, a new Arlen Ness front shift arm, and my new shift linkage that has been a slow work in progress. Had a stupid blonde moment at 10:30 at night when I mounted the shift linkage at the front on the inside of the shift arm and couldn't figure out why the nut was hitting my motor fins; After 4 hours of sleep my eyes popped open as I realized what I was doing wrong. I'm old enough now to know when I need to walk away and sleep on it.

The workmanship on this clutch is impressive. It uses it's own clutch hub that needs to get pressed in, so I also had bought a brand new clutch assembly so that I could always swap in my Rekluse or another regular clutch when/if needed.

The clutch plates on this baby are huge in width - Sportsman says this clutch offers 217% more clutch plate friction surface; hence the need for their own inner clutch hub

I managed to get a few good rides on the Bandit over this rainy weekend. The clutch is butter smooth, I think I'm gonna love it more as time goes on. I do need to remember to give more throttle when starting from a stop again - the Rekluse enabled slow throttle on every start and after 2 years it has formed a habit that needs to whipped out.

I also have been putting off replacing my rear brake pressure switch, as it had been acting up when it got hot. Reason for the procrastination? Hello 2:1 exhaust bracket for the block. Anyways, using a few different socket pieces, managed to pull it out without a wrench needed on the switch, though installing it was a wonderful display of contorted hand motions, looking like I was trying to learn sign language. The job only took about 30 minutes to my surprise, I had been thinking all along that I was gonna have to pull the rear of the exhaust and the mounting bracket on my trap door.

The following 2 users liked this post by Zedbra:
bunk216 (06-08-2021), NWTruck (06-08-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 07:27 AM
Diesel X
Cruiser
Received 276 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
Damn Sam that looks awesome! What did that set you back if you don't mind me asking? Probably got a decent price since it was an exchange deal. That color is badazz!
Thanks. It's incredible the quality of the paint match they did. Quality all the way around. Good people and the install was top notch and fast. Going back for Gettysburg bike week to see them again for color matched heat deflectors and the Klock Works painted dash. 549$ on the fairing installed

Old 06-08-2021, 07:42 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,751 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel X
Thanks. It's incredible the quality of the paint match they did. Quality all the way around. Good people and the install was top notch and fast. Going back for Gettysburg bike week to see them again for color matched heat deflectors and the Klock Works painted dash. 549$ on the fairing installed
They did a great job from the looks of it. That's not bad $ for all the work they did and the paint is spot on and they kicked it out in good time. Enjoy it!

Old 06-08-2021, 07:15 PM
Studlintsean
Road Warrior
Received 915 Likes on 516 Posts

Added a little Deadhead Insignia (I know...my inspection is dead).

The following 2 users liked this post by Studlintsean:
bunk216 (06-08-2021), itsdug (06-08-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 07:41 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,709 Likes on 1,141 Posts

I ordered a set (front and rear) Dunlop American Elites. $478 out the door from Cyclegear, plus another $25 each to have mounted and balanced. I will pull wheels myself.

Captain Glide (06-09-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 09:14 PM
Usefulnut
Advanced
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

The first half was through the night in order to avoid Portland rush hour traffic. And yes, Highway 16 to I-5 and then south through Washington, Oregon and into California and back. A lot of the speed limit was 70mph. The actual flow was even faster through the night. On the way back North the only significant slow down was Portland and even then it wasn't too bad. I don't think my feet needed to touch the ground but once.

Old 06-08-2021, 10:08 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclone65
Where did you find the Defiance footboards??
I've been looking forever and the Harley website only has the passenger footboards.
SurdykeHD

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?