Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 09:01 PM
NVNobody
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Finished up (for now haha) the install of the new sound system. All in and back together, just have to go for a tunes test ride.

The following 3 users liked this post by NVNobody:
scott_0 (08-18-2020), wolverinehusky (08-20-2020), Zedbra (08-18-2020)
Old 08-20-2020, 10:12 AM
SpyGoat
Grand HDF Member
Received 8,885 Likes on 2,700 Posts

I put a SE Heavy Breather with billet cover on the bike and a FP3. Tuned it and rode it. Real nice!

The following 3 users liked this post by SpyGoat:
FLSTFI Dave (08-23-2020), Oil, Gas & Leather (08-20-2020), wolverinehusky (08-20-2020)
Old 08-20-2020, 02:05 PM
wildtxn
Cruiser

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

Finally got everything wrapped up and back from the shop. Had the Legend Axeo's installed up front. Powder coated the tappets, collars, lower rockers and timing cover, installed the mueller slave cylinder (that thing is buttery smooth and easy to pull now) even with the 131 kit also got rid of those ugly stock badges with something a little different.

The following 6 users liked this post by wildtxn:
Bafflingbs (08-25-2020), road_rage (08-26-2020), scott_0 (08-20-2020), slippin_jimmy (08-21-2020), wolverinehusky (08-21-2020), Zedbra (08-20-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-20-2020, 05:16 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by wildtxn
Finally got everything wrapped up and back from the shop. Had the Legend Axeo's installed up front. Powder coated the tappets, collars, lower rockers and timing cover, installed the mueller slave cylinder (that thing is buttery smooth and easy to pull now) even with the 131 kit also got rid of those ugly stock badges with something a little different.

Dude! That is REALLY beautiful!! I'm doing a similar upgrade this winter. What's the performance like? Is it hard to stay in the seat on a hard throttle twist?? Curious minds HAFTA know!
Verrrry nice, Jon

Old 08-20-2020, 05:56 PM
wildtxn
Cruiser

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

Is it hard to stay in the seat on a hard throttle twist??
To be fairly honest, I absolutely love it. I have been on bikes since the age of 4, 2 strokes, 4 strokes, crotch rockets, raced an R1 for years and have had several harleys as well. This was my first true touring bike. I bought it with the Stage I out the door partially because of failure in communications about wanting the stage II. Regardless, broke it in on the Stage I, did the stage II torque cams and I liked that quite a bit over stage I and more than enough power for whatever you wanted to do. That being said, the Stage II "seat of the pants" felt a bit twitchy or jumpy as the torque was quite abrupt but anything beyond 3k rpms and it started to die off. Great fun riding around town but can actually get you into a bit of trouble. The 131 has just as much torque on the bottom but it isn't as much of a violent feeling with minor throttle changes (think going over a bump or jarring yourself and accidentally giving it a bit of throttle). once above 3k rpm on the stage II I was always looking for more (race bike flashbacks maybe). Now it comes on pretty damned fast but it's fairly linear somewhat in comparison to a newer model R1 with the cross-plane crank in it. it's not like an older powerband bike that comes on all at once. tons of power but it's very smooth in delivery. I'm quite pleased. In fact, I had every intention of throwing the powervision on it as soon as warranty wore off next year and still might but they did a hell of a job with just the SEPST and it runs really good right now. I'm happy! I hadn't planned to bite the bullet till i had a few miles on it.....was more of an impulse buy as they had one in stock that wasn't in the computer and I was at the right place at the right time.

The following users liked this post:
Oil, Gas & Leather (08-20-2020)
Old 08-20-2020, 07:47 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by wildtxn
To be fairly honest, I absolutely love it. I have been on bikes since the age of 4, 2 strokes, 4 strokes, crotch rockets, raced an R1 for years and have had several harleys as well. This was my first true touring bike. I bought it with the Stage I out the door partially because of failure in communications about wanting the stage II. Regardless, broke it in on the Stage I, did the stage II torque cams and I liked that quite a bit over stage I and more than enough power for whatever you wanted to do. That being said, the Stage II "seat of the pants" felt a bit twitchy or jumpy as the torque was quite abrupt but anything beyond 3k rpms and it started to die off. Great fun riding around town but can actually get you into a bit of trouble. The 131 has just as much torque on the bottom but it isn't as much of a violent feeling with minor throttle changes (think going over a bump or jarring yourself and accidentally giving it a bit of throttle). once above 3k rpm on the stage II I was always looking for more (race bike flashbacks maybe). Now it comes on pretty damned fast but it's fairly linear somewhat in comparison to a newer model R1 with the cross-plane crank in it. it's not like an older powerband bike that comes on all at once. tons of power but it's very smooth in delivery. I'm quite pleased. In fact, I had every intention of throwing the powervision on it as soon as warranty wore off next year and still might but they did a hell of a job with just the SEPST and it runs really good right now. I'm happy! I hadn't planned to bite the bullet till i had a few miles on it.....was more of an impulse buy as they had one in stock that wasn't in the computer and I was at the right place at the right time.
Thanks for the reply. It's gotta scream!

Old 08-20-2020, 08:29 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,709 Likes on 1,141 Posts

I would probably get myself in trouble with that much power. A bit more mid and upper on my 103 would be nice, as in opening the throttle on a steep grade in 6th, and getting more than just more noise, but that thing is crazy. Thats like one of those 140hp "Adventure" bikes, that weighs 500lbs. A hard 4th gear roll on and the front wheel comes up. Uhhhh no thanks.

For wildtxn, have fun with that beast, sounds like you got your moneys worth, and I love the accent pieces on there, really makes it pop.

Oil, Gas & Leather (08-24-2020)
Old 08-20-2020, 08:45 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,209 Likes on 3,381 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon Bassett
Is it hard to stay in the seat on a hard throttle twist?? Curious minds HAFTA know!
You can control it, just fine. These things aren't as terrifying as you might think LOL

My last Hayabusa, and a ZX12-R that I did a bunch of work to might scare you

You should absolutely do it, it makes running around the country on these big tanks much more enjoyable.

Old 08-20-2020, 11:59 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,709 Likes on 1,141 Posts

What did I do with mine today. I left it in the garage. When the sky looks like this, its called survival. This smoke is from fires 200 miles north. I think something like 1300 fires going at once, mainly due to lightning strikes, and a few arsonist aholes. Air drops to the middle of the fire they started would cure their disease.

We have been hunkered down the last 3 days because of this, and no let up (for us) till Sat when the wind shifts. I had to go to town to pick up my truck from having the top repainted. That great GM feeling, as the paint on the top of my truck was slowly peeling off from the primer.

The following 4 users liked this post by handirifle:
crtman21 (08-25-2020), gordy67 (09-14-2020), Oil, Gas & Leather (08-24-2020), seanl (08-25-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 04:36 PM
SetoSeyer
Intermediate
Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

My 13” freedom windshield came in, tossed it on. Will get a chance to try it out Sunday.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?