Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 02:22 AM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,709 Likes on 1,141 Posts

They have no idea how much HP that thing has, but it will break the rear tire loose at 50mph, I know, I verified it. Scary power. It was like riding a sportster that had taken enough steroids to beat Arnold in a body building contest.
She calls it the booby bike. Actually won it in a raffle fund raiser for breast cancer, go figure. Contest advertised value was $70K. I rode it about 125 miles that day. If it were mine, I would have changed the ergos a bit, and probably made it a little quieter, but it was a blast to ride.

Old 07-27-2020, 02:23 AM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

My guess is power was well into triple digits.

Old 07-27-2020, 01:46 PM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 723 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by handirifle
They have no idea how much HP that thing has, but it will break the rear tire loose at 50mph, I know, I verified it. Scary power. It was like riding a sportster that had taken enough steroids to beat Arnold in a body building contest.
She calls it the booby bike. Actually won it in a raffle fund raiser for breast cancer, go figure. Contest advertised value was $70K. I rode it about 125 miles that day. If it were mine, I would have changed the ergos a bit, and probably made it a little quieter, but it was a blast to ride.
$70k Sportster???

The following users liked this post:
Oil, Gas & Leather (07-27-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 01:57 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by UrbanRunner
Added Custom Dynamics sequential BAGZ saddlebag lights.

Those are sharp! Been kicking around getting some, but I got the lollipop style signal bar and idk if it'll look right. Does it "sequentially" look alright /"timed" with the factory signals?

Old 07-27-2020, 03:16 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Superdogook closer, its a FULL CUSTOM big twin. Not sure if the ST106 is the cu in and really do not know what makes it so expensive. It does have USD forks, is a fuel injected big twin. Other than that all I can tell you is its a rocket ship. The rear tire would melt if you got on it hard from a stop or low speed, and at 50 mph in 4th gear a snappy roll on broke the rear tire loose and nearly lifted the front end when it grabbed. It performed, power wise to a 300lb sport bike but at probably closer to 650 lb bike.

just picking it up off the stand it really did not have much more weight than my sportster did and is nowhere close to my ultra weight. Like I said its really scary powerful, for this old coot anyway.

Was a fun ride and I REALLY appreciated my niece letting me ride it. They are life members of HOG and many of their fellow members had been denied permission to ride it. That was an honor for me.

Old 07-27-2020, 04:29 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by crtman21
THAT IS ABSOLUTELY SICK! Looks like it would be a blast in the twisties. Looks just like a Performance Bagger RK.
Looking closer, its probably more like a Sport Glide, with the small saddlebags. They were handy, we rode in Jan, and started off just after daylight, very cold. As it warmed up, I shed clothing and stored em in the bags. I doubt I will own another bike without some sort of bags. It has to be useful to me, for something other than riding. I like my stuff tucked away nice and neat.

Stopped at Mc Donalds today, for a soda. These guys rolled up. Looks like one has a wise old companion to ride with.

Old 07-27-2020, 04:32 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

I ride with a TRUMPY BEAR! (google it)

Old 07-27-2020, 08:31 PM
seanl
Road Master
Received 373 Likes on 210 Posts

More like what did Fuel Moto do to my bagger today...!

Old 07-27-2020, 08:51 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by handirifle
Superdogook closer, its a FULL CUSTOM big twin. Not sure if the ST106 is the cu in and really do not know what makes it so expensive. It does have USD forks, is a fuel injected big twin. Other than that all I can tell you is its a rocket ship. The rear tire would melt if you got on it hard from a stop or low speed, and at 50 mph in 4th gear a snappy roll on broke the rear tire loose and nearly lifted the front end when it grabbed. It performed, power wise to a 300lb sport bike but at probably closer to 650 lb bike.

just picking it up off the stand it really did not have much more weight than my sportster did and is nowhere close to my ultra weight. Like I said its really scary powerful, for this old coot anyway.

Was a fun ride and I REALLY appreciated my niece letting me ride it. They are life members of HOG and many of their fellow members had been denied permission to ride it. That was an honor for me.
Wow! Dayum!

Old 07-27-2020, 09:22 PM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,481 Likes on 3,902 Posts

Well here it is , the Mustang seat I have been waiting for . When I bought my Road King , the first thing I did was get rid of the stock seat , didn't feel like sitting on the tank . I started with the Mustang Day Tripper Solo , great seat , but found it to be a bit thin on longer road trips . If my wife hadn't decided to start riding with me again , I would have had re worked with a little more foam or gel .
So hear I am , sporting a new Mustang standard ( 76027 ) . Sorry no back rest , I know there comfortable but I've never used one , why start now . This seat did put me up a little higher than the Tripper and a bit more forward , but not nearly as bad as the stock . So far , I've put about 600 miles on it and it's breaking in quite nicely . I love the 15" width it has , some how any wider would look to bulky . I suppose it would help if you knew that I was 180lbs , 6ft with a 33" inseam .

Now for the wife . I decided that instead of purchasing a 4 point docking system and a backrest $$$ , I would go with a rear seat ( 79706 ) with a built in removable backrest . Mustang offers rear seats in 8" , 11" and 13" . The 13" is the only size they offer with the built in receiver for a backrest , so hear it is . My wife loves the width for comfort and she can lean back without feeling nervous . I also like the fact that the backrest can be folded forward so I can dismount easily .

I have always been a fan of the Mustang seat , had more than a few . The construction of their seats are very well done and the appearance is a definite sign that you get what you pay for . Great job Mustang !

The following users liked this post:
Superdog3:16 (07-28-2020)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?