Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 09:30 PM
03Machine
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Old headlights

New LED’s
Installed some cheapo Chinese LED’s. Simple straightforward install. I also put Truck/SUV door edge molding around the fairing and windshield. $8. Turned out pretty good.

The following users liked this post:
Zedbra (05-08-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 10:34 PM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 723 Likes on 443 Posts

Flynewok, that derby cover is TOTALLY AWESOME! I want one, lol.

Old 05-08-2020, 03:36 AM
IKnowNot
Road Master
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by flynewok
Well lets see , I replaced my broken oem heated grips. What a pain in the ****. New ones from harley have two power wires. Finally worked it out. Connected the red and orange wire from the new set to the red wire from the original connector. works perfect.. I'l have to update this pic.I now have a custom derby and timing cover. Got a cover for my horn Chrome and black grips. I also replace my compensator with the one from Darkhorse. and my clutch with a rekluse one. Been a busy couple days.
Wow! That is one hell-of-a first post!
Obviously, you are not a novice with Harleys.

That derby cover is outstanding!

There was no introduction or background provided by you about you or the bike, but to me, that looks like a 2009 FLHTCU you have there (correct me if I am wrong.)
So, I have a couple of queries:

You stated you installed a Darkhourse compensator
(actually, I believe this is a misnomer, as it is really a compensator alternative, and I believe it is a Man O-War Motorsprocket? 34 Tooth? Am I close?)
There have been several on the forum who have inquired in the past about it, and I am sure many more would like to know how it works. Could you please post (in appropriate area) how the install went and when you get some miles on it what you think of it?

Second, you stated you replaced the OEM heated grips.
I don’t believe that bike came with heated grips, nor was it a factory option.
So obviously someone installed them later (but assuming here, because you used the term OEM, they were Harley branded.)
How were the old ones wired? Did they have a HD harness that connected them to the cigarette lighter circuit? Is that what you connected to? Or did were they connected in some other way?
Welcome to the forum.
Oh, BTW, in keeping with the original topic, I loaded my bike up with some whole chickens, baby formula, and other odds-and-ends and delivered them to my son and his family because he could not find those items in the stores around him, and is adhering to this stay-at-home stuff.

Last edited by IKnowNot; 05-08-2020 at 03:41 AM.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:44 AM
flynewok
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are correct on all accounts.
Man O-War Motorsprocket 34 Tooth is what I replaced the the compensator with. Only have about 200 miles on it so far. The weather is still kinda crappy her in Buffalo NY. But so far so happy.

Yes the old heated grips were wired into the lighter. They only had a + /- for its power source. The new set has 3 wires. The instructions are in depth but after a couple of variations of the directions I went with simple and they work.

And to stay on topic as well adding my axle nut covers and dash bezels today. They just came in.

The following users liked this post:
426power (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 06:08 PM
seanod
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PM Grips

Old 05-08-2020, 07:40 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,709 Likes on 1,141 Posts

I installed my DK 1" lowering blocks.

DK goes with allen socket head bolts, but HD uses hex head. Not sure why, but had no prob putting the 40ftlb of torque on them.
Test ride, with same amount of psi as before the install (15) and there is an improvement in the ride, especially the little annoying bumps before I get to the highway. DK said it would. Did not measure before and after seat height, just used my "feet on the ground" measurement. Have heard it lowers about 3/4" at the seat, and thats about what it feels like.

Every little bit helps. Maybe next will be the primary cover.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:18 PM
03Machine
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by handirifle
I installed my DK 1" lowering blocks.

DK goes with allen socket head bolts, but HD uses hex head. Not sure why, but had no prob putting the 40ftlb of torque on them.
Test ride, with same amount of psi as before the install (15) and there is an improvement in the ride, especially the little annoying bumps before I get to the highway. DK said it would. Did not measure before and after seat height, just used my "feet on the ground" measurement. Have heard it lowers about 3/4" at the seat, and thats about what it feels like.

Every little bit helps. Maybe next will be the primary cover.
I installed a similar set a few weeks ago on my RG. I agree, simple install, ride is as good or better and about 1/2-3/4” lower at my feet.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:28 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,709 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Doesn't the RG and SG come with 12" shocks! My Ultra Classic came with 13" shocks. The blocks make mine what yours used to be. Do you drag parts with the blocks on?

Old 05-08-2020, 08:42 PM
RET_SCPO
Extreme HDF Member

Received 19,651 Likes on 6,279 Posts

Not done today but over the past few days.

Installed Woods 22X
Woods lifters
FM adjustable pushrods
Ventilator AC
Jackpot SS 2/1/2 Headers
Rinehart DBX 45 6" tunable inserts
Dynojet tune with map from FM.

My Road Glide Limited is awake now.

The following 3 users liked this post by RET_SCPO:
03Machine (05-08-2020), CryingJoker (05-09-2020), xmen9c (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 10:52 PM
Mallard Slayer
Road Warrior
Received 4,191 Likes on 1,130 Posts

got my dyno tune done

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?