Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 09:26 PM
rcrankin
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Got tired of being cooped up. Went to the garage and washed the bike. The paint looked dull, so I got out my Griots investment and got to work. For a first timer, I impressed myself. 90% of swirls, scuffs and scratches are gone and I didn't fu@k up the finish. I'll go after the 10% in a few months.

Rob

Old 03-15-2020, 11:36 PM
UrbanRunner
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 372 Likes on 209 Posts

Not today, but Friday night, installed a replacement Bung King shift linkage:

Old 03-16-2020, 08:14 AM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 723 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by rcrankin
Got tired of being cooped up. Went to the garage and washed the bike. The paint looked dull, so I got out my Griots investment and got to work. For a first timer, I impressed myself. 90% of swirls, scuffs and scratches are gone and I didn't fu@k up the finish. I'll go after the 10% in a few months.

Rob
Pix????

Old 03-16-2020, 08:22 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
SNOW??? 81* here today, but worked and mowed the grass... Ear plugs are a wise move. Hope the tune does good things for you. tp
Ah Ha ............ So you're the one ................. Now it's gonna rain all week according to the forecast. Gah ..........

The following 2 users liked this post by MikeyTX:
Captain Glide (03-16-2020), dirtdreamer50 (03-16-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 12:18 AM
rcrankin
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Superdog3:16
Pix????
I'll see what I can do. Lighting in the garage isn't the best and its supposed to be overcast this week.

Rob

Old 03-17-2020, 12:42 PM
Earthbound
Advanced
Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Brought into shop today for 1,000 mile oil change and stage 1. As part of the sale, was able to get windshield, back rest and Eliminator 400’s. Road the bike for a week before install and swear I feel a slight decrease in torque with the slip on’s. Maybe just used to the speed now. Anyway, figured I’d do the air cleaner and have Harley tune with sepst. Not looking for anything more than smoother, more throttle response and my torque back. I pick up in a few hours. Fingers crossed

The following 2 users liked this post by Earthbound:
Bafflingbs (03-25-2020), Pirate6 (03-17-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 02:07 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

What did you do to your bagger today?-zwnvnvxh.jpg

Rode it to work against the wishes of Komrade Newsom. Didn't buy this thing for it to sit and look pretty in the garage. And I wanted to try out my new Bell Eliminator helmet, liking it so far...

The following users liked this post:
Pirate6 (03-17-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 04:53 PM
Pirate6
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Earthbound

Brought into shop today for 1,000 mile oil change and stage 1. As part of the sale, was able to get windshield, back rest and Eliminator 400’s. Road the bike for a week before install and swear I feel a slight decrease in torque with the slip on’s. Maybe just used to the speed now. Anyway, figured I’d do the air cleaner and have Harley tune with sepst. Not looking for anything more than smoother, more throttle response and my torque back. I pick up in a few hours. Fingers crossed
with less back pressure you will notice less low end torque. Upper end throttle response should be better. After your tune you should notice more differences.

Old 03-18-2020, 10:25 PM
Bobster109
Cruiser
Received 206 Likes on 103 Posts

Added a bigger "rear" bag!

Old 03-19-2020, 05:39 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Learned a valuble lesson the hard way

I keep my bikes on a battery tenders whenever parked. The tender for the SGS is located in a storage cabinet next to where I park the bike and out of direct sight. Last Saturday with the bike in its normal parked location with the bike plugged into the tender I was doing some maintenance work on the wiring under the seat after the the new Air Ride system had been installed and I had the ignition turned on and off frequently over a number of hours.

I was heading out with my son for a ride Sunday morning only to find the battery was dead. Unknown to me, because I did not check, we found the battery tender itself was not pushed all the way into the 110 volt outlet and it had not been charging. Here is the nightmare that followed.

In an atttemp to jump start the bike we tried to use the bikes battery tender leads with one of those jump packs. When doing so the leads got very hot and both sets of micro switches in the ignition dash panels were fried blowing the P&A 20 Amp Fuse. It took all morning, a lot of 20 A fuses and a lot of research to diagnose what had happened. It then took a trip to two different H-D dealers amd about $140 to get the two needed switch packs. Our research found that I am not the first one to try this way of jump starting a bike only to cause the same damage...an anoying time consuming and costly lesson.

After installing the switch packs and putting the bike back together, we were ablle to jump start the bike correctly using a regular boost battery charger connected directly to the bikes battery. We did a short ride that evening to make sure all was OK. We got to ride together on Monday and Tuesday without any problems before he had to head back home to NC yesterday.

I know this has been discussed elsewhere in this H-D Forum before, but I felt it would not hurt to post this up again for the newer bike owners that may be reading these posts. Hopefully it might prevent others from making the same silly mistake.

The following 2 users liked this post by FrankEV:
Odd986 (03-19-2020), ridingalong (03-25-2020)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?