Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 02:05 PM
Grove Rat
Cruiser
Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Frogprince
Managed to get out of the office early last week. With the Holiday wasn't able to post about the ride. Goal was to hit the coast but decided that a cloud and rain where not in my ride schedule. Instead took off thru the farm country and went down to the Ferry by the house. River is still a little high so mean't I had to take the long way home.

Since the ThunderMax, and new exhaust has been installed the bike runs great. No longer stumbling at idle, and power when I take off. It does appear a wiring issue caused the issues in theory but since the bike is running better I have decided to leave the ThunderMax installed and just set aside the Dyno Vision.
Yep, the ferry landing looks a little short of the edge of the water, but that gave you a good excuse to click off some more miles thru the country. Nice looking bike!

Old 04-22-2019, 04:36 PM
4Evr_Cruzn
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Today

Check fluids and tire pressure. Started lubricating hinges.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:59 PM
2wheelwanderer
Road Master

Received 534 Likes on 268 Posts

Regretfully ordered a set of 444 Progressives. I say regretfully because I had that money settin' aside for a gun I had my eye on.

BUT, the Road King is getting new suspenders out back, which I suspect will cause me to do the forks next. I like my bike but I wanted that gun. Being responsible sucks, but being fun money broke sucks more.

The following users liked this post:
NWTruck (04-22-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 10:12 AM
Sydspapa
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Added Full Boar baffleless slip ons. Love them.

Old 04-23-2019, 04:23 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

The black saddlebag trim pieces that were on back order finally arrived and I installed them yesterday.

I used Transparent Black plastic lens tint spray to darken the red reflectors so they are not so noiticable. I also tinted the orange reflectors on the front forks. They will still reflect, but they are no longer that briight orange that looks hedious on the black forks.

Now the only significant chrome item is the kickstand. Might try to have it powder coated.

I found metal hangers for 1/2" conduit in the electrical area of Lowes that were perfect to mount flag staffs onto the quick disconnect mountings on each side of the fender. I think they were $1.69 each. I painted them black and used wing nuts so they are easily removed when I want to install my Tour-Pak. As you can see in the pic below, they are almost invisible.

And, I just ordered the last item on my list of items that needed to be changed: a black shifter linkage.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:20 AM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,481 Likes on 3,902 Posts

Getting ready to install my rear tire on my King today , so I made myself a wheel alignment tool . Should do the trick

Old 04-24-2019, 12:22 PM
Captain Glide
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

Could you see a picture of the 1/2" conduit used to mount the flag shafts

Old 04-24-2019, 01:37 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,775 Likes on 1,602 Posts

Originally Posted by MyFavRk
Getting ready to install my rear tire on my King today , so I made myself a wheel alignment tool . Should do the trick
No faith in the adjustment cams?

Old 04-24-2019, 02:10 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Glide
Could you see a picture of the 1/2" conduit used to mount the flag shafts
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sigma-Elect...itting/1100115

I changed the regular nut to a Wing nut. Need to grind a little off the wings so they clear when turning. The antenna mounting threaded rod fits perectly in the hanger hole. Paint black with a good automotive Gloss Black spray. Very stable connection.

These are the Flag Staffs I used: https://www.jpcycles.com/product/800...ounting-system

I now have 3 sets of those twisted plate mounting that I don't use.

HTH

The following users liked this post:
SWFLGuy (04-28-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 03:25 PM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,481 Likes on 3,902 Posts

Originally Posted by barneyboy
No faith in the adjustment cams?
I just wasn't sure about them . Before I took everything apart I marked the cams where the tab was on the swingarm but noticed that the right side cam had a little play . So , just to be on the safe side I decided to make up this tool just to be sure . Honestly , this bike is the first one I've done a tire change on with this type of setup , others had marks which are pretty accurate .

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?