Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 06:41 PM
buddy67
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Not so much what I did today but I have been picking away at it over the winter blacking it out and new bars.

The following users liked this post:
Clay Rocker (05-18-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 08:57 PM
southpawmedic
Stage IV
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Installed my new Sony system keeping my handlebar controls intact. Touch chilly out but well worth it!

The following 2 users liked this post by southpawmedic:
Clay Rocker (05-18-2019), JakeC7R (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 06:48 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Added reverse and more

Picked up my new '19 FLHXS on Tuesday Morning, and took advantage of the vendors at Destination Daytona to get some work done at dicounded prices. Took it to the Suspension Technologies booth where they install both front and rear 1" lower suspension and a reversing pulley. I'm short and have a dickens of a time to back up my '18 Heritage if it is even a slight incline so I knew I would have even more difficulty with this heavier bike. The reversing pulley is installed on a new rear axle that has a air actuated mechinism that moves something to put it in a reverse mode when in first gear. Will back up a 15% grade easily at slightly above idle speed.

The reversing pulley

The little white thing near the axle is the air line quick disconnect from the compressor that lives in the saddlebag. The orange thing is the electrical connector.

Had the CD vendor install LED Turn, Run and Brake lighting including extra lighting on the rear and replaced the cheap H-D headlight lamp with a new CD Pro-Beam LED Headlight. The Passing Lamp buckets are on order along with a Tour-Pak and a bunch of other goodies the dealer will install as soon as they come in. I bought the matching CD Pro-beam Passing lamps that will go in the buckes once they are installed.

Then I had a set of Magnaflux Slip-on's installed. Sound is good with a much deeper rumble than the Rineharts on my '18 Heritage, but a good voice when getting on the throttle. I like the look of the slant tips that match the slant of the saddlebags.

I was very lucky that Brody thewell known Pin Striper was still in town doing bikes at Rossmeyers and he was able to fit me in. He had done my '18 Heritage. His work is outstanding.

Front

Left side

Rear. A black curved LP frame has been installed since taking this pic. Love the mufflers.

A few other small things still to do.

Of course, gotta get out and ride it. Would love to have been out riding instead of sitting around waiting for work to be done, but had to take advantage of the vendors while they are in town.

The following 3 users liked this post by FrankEV:
Clay Rocker (05-18-2019), crazytown (03-14-2019), JakeC7R (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 02:03 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Stage 1 upgrade and CVO Solo Seat.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:10 PM
JakeC7R
Road Master
Received 323 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Picked up my new '19 FLHXS on Tuesday Morning, and took advantage of the vendors at Destination Daytona to get some work done at dicounded prices. Took it to the Suspension Technologies booth where they install both front and rear 1" lower suspension and a reversing pulley. I'm short and have a dickens of a time to back up my '18 Heritage if it is even a slight incline so I knew I would have even more difficulty with this heavier bike. The reversing pulley is installed on a new rear axle that has a air actuated mechinism that moves something to put it in a reverse mode when in first gear. Will back up a 15% grade easily at slightly above idle speed.

The reversing pulley

The little white thing near the axle is the air line quick disconnect from the compressor that lives in the saddlebag. The orange thing is the electrical connector.

Had the CD vendor install LED Turn, Run and Brake lighting including extra lighting on the rear and replaced the cheap H-D headlight lamp with a new CD Pro-Beam LED Headlight. The Passing Lamp buckets are on order along with a Tour-Pak and a bunch of other goodies the dealer will install as soon as they come in. I bought the matching CD Pro-beam Passing lamps that will go in the buckes once they are installed.

Then I had a set of Magnaflux Slip-on's installed. Sound is good with a much deeper rumble than the Rineharts on my '18 Heritage, but a good voice when getting on the throttle. I like the look of the slant tips that match the slant of the saddlebags.

I was very lucky that Brody thewell known Pin Striper was still in town doing bikes at Rossmeyers and he was able to fit me in. He had done my '18 Heritage. His work is outstanding.

Front

Left side

Rear. A black curved LP frame has been installed since taking this pic. Love the mufflers.

A few other small things still to do.

Of course, gotta get out and ride it. Would love to have been out riding instead of sitting around waiting for work to be done, but had to take advantage of the vendors while they are in town.
Wow that is really cool! I would love to hear how that reverse works out once you play with it for a while!

Clay Rocker (05-18-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 03:14 PM
Peanuthead
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Another 60° day. Picking bubba up from school again.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:19 PM
Motorhate
Advanced
Received 59 Likes on 13 Posts

Stuck a new air K&N filter on the road King.

crazytown (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 03:52 PM
crazytown
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 551 Likes on 321 Posts

That pinstriping is really well done. And I like the slash-up on those slip-ons. Really looks good with your bike.

Last edited by crazytown; 03-14-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:57 PM
crazytown
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 551 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Peanuthead
Another 60° day. Picking bubba up from school again.
I am sincerely jealous. Nice weather, nice company. Not such a bad thing.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:20 PM
Peanuthead
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by crazytown
I am sincerely jealous. Nice weather, nice company. Not such a bad thing.
Very true. I love the fact that my step-son actively wants to go riding with me (as long as it's only 30 mins one way). I can't wait until my two boys are old enough to go on a ride (They are 2 and 10 days old).

Last edited by Peanuthead; 03-14-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?