Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 09:18 PM
5280Ruffian
Tourer
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by sabunimwil@gmail.com
Tell us about the trip. Where did you go? Pics? Just love seeing people adventures.
We went from Denver to Rapid City, then to Minneapolis, Green Bay, then to Chicago. From there we went to Lincoln NE and back home. The friend I travelled with and I are big cigar smokers, so we rode a lot and smoke a good amount. We hit Deadwood Tobacco in SD (they have a specific line made by Drew Estate for their lounge, which used to be exclusive. I picked up a special blend only available at their store (pics below)). We went to Up Down Cigars in Chicago and then Casa De Montecristo in Countryside, IL. On our way home, we hit up a lounge named Cigarz in Lincoln (this one was kind of a dive, luckily - we brought plenty of our own cigars).

Here is a sampling of pictures:

We saw Mount Rushmore.

Our 1k day started a little rocky... or... rainy...

We stopped at the Harley Museum. It was cool to see.

Here are the aforementioned cigars.

Here is dinner in SD.

Dino from the Flintstones.

I like to collect poker chips. I think it's fun to keep a momento from the trips I take. I added a bunch to my collection. Sadly, MN's dealers are closed on Sundays.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:00 PM
No Tyme
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I spent the better part of the day installing a Adjustable Drivers backrest on my EG. I got to say the damn adjuster bracket took me half the day. You can't put a bolt from the top down because the hole is too close to the frame tube, and to try and put a nut on the bolt while holding the bracket and bolt up well, was fricken impossible for me.
Now I must say in my defense I have a bad left hand and big hands also, but who in the heck designed this setup must have been higher that a kite. I actually had to enlist my wife with her small hands to use a ratchet wrench on the underside of the bracket from the curb side while I held the nut in place with a wrench.
Glad this job is done!

Old 07-19-2018, 10:08 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

brought it in to work.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:23 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,775 Likes on 1,602 Posts

Originally Posted by No Tyme
I spent the better part of the day installing a Adjustable Drivers backrest on my EG. I got to say the damn adjuster bracket took me half the day. You can't put a bolt from the top down because the hole is too close to the frame tube, and to try and put a nut on the bolt while holding the bracket and bolt up well, was fricken impossible for me.
Now I must say in my defense I have a bad left hand and big hands also, but who in the heck designed this setup must have been higher that a kite. I actually had to enlist my wife with her small hands to use a ratchet wrench on the underside of the bracket from the curb side while I held the nut in place with a wrench.
Glad this job is done!
I hate to say this but, I've enlisted the wife's small hands on occasion to get things started/threaded, and she's a willing participant. Ends up putting a smile on both of our faces.

Last edited by barneyboy; 07-19-2018 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:00 AM
shortbusondubs
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

plugged in the battery tender so i can hopefully get some miles down this weekend. work has been killing me the last few weeks.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:24 AM
mxkop
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed new EBS pads and bikers choice rotors on the front. Great stopping power, but now I have the dreaded "BUZZ" when applying the front brake

Old 07-20-2018, 08:59 AM
raggmann
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Rode it to work to give it a bath before our trip.
Leaving tomorrow morning from Alberta, Canada to BC, Idaho, Washington, Oregon Coast, Northern Cali, over to Reno, then ?????
We've got no real plans other than to ride the coast and 2 weeks to do it so........

Old 07-20-2018, 10:30 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

50 mile jaunt.......good to go again mebbe tonight.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:54 AM
macbar19
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2009 Road King Classic. installed Viking saddlebags and truck on HD solo tour-pak mount. Don't have to deal with the classic bag clips and it has more storage space.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:38 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by raggmann
Rode it to work to give it a bath before our trip.
Leaving tomorrow morning from Alberta, Canada to BC, Idaho, Washington, Oregon Coast, Northern Cali, over to Reno, then ?????
We've got no real plans other than to ride the coast and 2 weeks to do it so........
Have a great and safe trip. We in the lower 48 welcome you. Hang onto your money when in Reno though.... tomp dd50

The following users liked this post:
raggmann (07-20-2018)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?