Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 06:00 PM
18glide
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Took her down to Austin for the ROT rally with wife, son and his fiancé. Our first father/son road trip. Had a great time and got an early Father’s Day surprise Saturday morning.....new sound all around! Must be doin something right 😊
Anyone have issues with FM reception after amp install? Does the flash disable the auto sound speed feature?

Last edited by 18glide; 06-11-2018 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Add to post
Old 06-12-2018, 07:34 AM
wagsrk08
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Installed RCX Components 4" Vapor Eclipse Slip on mufflers to my 2016 FLHTK.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:48 PM
DandSPro
Club Member
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

We’re on our around the USA trip , currently we are in New Hamphire and spent the day in Laconia bike week and at the speedway . After leaving Rapid City, South Dakota we started to experience the terrible roads of the plain states all the way to the east coast . After listening to my wife comment onions been a bone jarring experience , I decided to make a major change in the rear suspension. The Ohlins factory shock techs were there at the speedway doing installs.
So after discussing the issues with the factory rear shocks, I went ahead and changed them out it’s a new set of the Ohlins.
After installing the proper springs, then they set the proper spring sack for myself then with my wife onboard and added luggage weight . Set the rebound and compression settings and discussed the changes when riding with less weight and solo. Happy wife , happy life... seriously the bike handles completely different. Responsive,better through the bad road transitions, soaks up the bad bumps, no longer bone jarring on the really bad step type bumps . Overall just all around better..

Old 06-12-2018, 09:58 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by DandSPro

We’re on our around the USA trip , currently we are in New Hamphire and spent the day in Laconia bike week and at the speedway . After leaving Rapid City, South Dakota we started to experience the terrible roads of the plain states all the way to the east coast . After listening to my wife comment onions been a bone jarring experience , I decided to make a major change in the rear suspension. The Ohlins factory shock techs were there at the speedway doing installs.
So after discussing the issues with the factory rear shocks, I went ahead and changed them out it’s a new set of the Ohlins.
After installing the proper springs, then they set the proper spring sack for myself then with my wife onboard and added luggage weight . Set the rebound and compression settings and discussed the changes when riding with less weight and solo. Happy wife , happy life... seriously the bike handles completely different. Responsive,better through the bad road transitions, soaks up the bad bumps, no longer bone jarring on the really bad step type bumps . Overall just all around better..
Just curious. What did it set you back to make the wife happy? Ohlins aren't cheap, at any time, rally or not. If you prefer not to answer, I do understand. tp dd50

Old 06-13-2018, 08:53 AM
BuzzCap7
Club Member
Received 18,557 Likes on 10,762 Posts

NOTHING!

I 'juss got up so stop asking me what I did with 'me bagger today. NOTHING OK!

UNfreaking believable!

Where is the complaint department around these here parts?

BuzzCap7

Old 06-13-2018, 01:34 PM
stroker87
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
NOTHING!

I 'juss got up so stop asking me what I did with 'me bagger today. NOTHING OK!

UNfreaking believable!

Where is the complaint department around these here parts?

BuzzCap7
weathers been pretty crappy here so i havent seen mine in a few days hopefully will be on it later today

Old 06-13-2018, 07:03 PM
05UltraBob
Road Master
Received 453 Likes on 262 Posts

Replaced the leaking oil cooler adapter gasket and while I was there changed the oil cooler hoses. I figured the hoses were 60K miles old so it would be a good idea to change them too.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:02 PM
5280Ruffian
Tourer
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Put about 110 miles on the scoot today. A beautiful ride to the cigar shop, then the winding back into town and through Lookout Mountain.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:18 PM
BuzzCap7
Club Member
Received 18,557 Likes on 10,762 Posts

Originally Posted by stroker87
weathers been pretty crappy here so i havent seen mine in a few days hopefully will be on it later today
Illinois.........sheesh! I could not take that WX. Bad enough abt the new gun law. Wicked bad as I see. it.

That is also (weather wise) I prefer Florida. Ride daily! Just came back from a ride with a bunch of guys. GREAT ride!!

Hey, come to Florida man........plenty of room. Well, I can't be saying that for long.

BuzzCap7

Old 06-14-2018, 05:16 AM
wagsrk08
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Installed on my 2016 FLHTK Custom Dynamics PROBEAM Square back LED Tail Light assembly. Holy Toledo are they bright! Have matching PROBEAM FILLERZ LED inserts between fender and saddlebags. Nice upgrade.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?