Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 05:36 PM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Oops. Double post.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:13 PM
RickW3
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looked at the empty space where my bike usually is parked. Can’t wait to get her back from having my 14” wild one reapers installed. Middle of the week can’t get here soon enough.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Ripcode
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Installed my new Freedom Shields 6“ windshield to replace the stock one. Now I don’t have to slouch.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:49 PM
5280Ruffian
Tourer
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Replaced the JVC head unit with a Sony. The JVC took a dump on me roughly 2 weeks after I installed it. No power to the head unit. I tore the whole thing apart yesterday, checked all the fuses and wiring, then claimed defeat and put it back together. Today, I called Crutchfield's tech support, who wanted me to pull it apart again to "put the red wire on the radio to the yellow wire on the bike to see if there was a power issue". Thanks dude, told y'all I've checked all that stuff. Waste of my time. I will deal with a return tomorrow after work, but since I have a trip in less than 2 weeks, I decided to source a new unit locally. Seriously annoyed by the amount of times I have had to tear into the fairing... Especially since I have an amp on the way to install after my trip.

The good news - I am really, really, really good at pulling the fairing apart now...

Old 06-03-2018, 09:59 PM
TXSLEDS
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Today I serviced the radio antennae. After unplugging the antennae cable from the radio, a light film of di-electric grease was applied to the male fitting, and reinserted. The antennae mount and mast was removed, a light film of di-electric grease was applied to the threads of the mast base. The antennae mast was removed, the end coated with di-electric grease, then reinserted and secured with the tiny threaded plug. The threads on the mount were coated with di-electric grease and the mast reattached. The antennae attachment areas of the rear docking point bracket received a coat of wax, the mount was reinstalled, and the antennae cable secured.
Next I removed the docking points for the detachable Tour Pak and the Passenger Back Rest. After wire brushing the threaded bolts free of rust, and treating them with a rust converter for good measure, I cleaned the holes in the hardware with crocus cloth, and treated them with a rust converter. I replaced the rusted nuts with stainless steel ones. After applying a light film of anti-seize compound to the treated areas they were reinstalled and all fasteners torqued to spec.
While tightening the hardware on the saddle bag lids I serviced the locks. I removed the retaining nuts and lock tabs to find one lock was missing a tension spring. I cut down a Delta faucet spring to fit and inserted it onto the lock shaft. I reinstalled the locking tabs, applied a dab of blue Loctite before tightening the retaining nuts. With both locks reassembled, lubricated, and tested, I called it a day and watched the Mecum Motorcycle Auction on TV.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:26 AM
Twistedturbo
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Changed blow off springs because 15 lbs is way to much boost for this motor lol.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:02 AM
memphisharley
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 466 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by Twistedturbo

Changed blow off springs because 15 lbs is way to much boost for this motor lol.
nice bike
you have pm...

Old 06-04-2018, 08:17 AM
wagsrk08
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Ordered through Custom Dynamics LED Pro Beam Fillerz run/brake/turn lights that are between saddlebag & fender of my 2016 Ultra Limited. If shipping is fast, easy to install, and work above expectations I'll order a matching taillight too.

http://www.customdynamics.com/

Last edited by wagsrk08; 06-04-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:30 AM
SCGamecock
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed a Kuryakyn extended brake lever Sunday. It took about 2 hours and was well worth it! I can now use my rear brake without lifting my foot all the way off the floor board. I didn't realize when I bought my 2015 Ultra limited low that my legs would be too long to use the rear brake pedal effectively.
I couldn't drag the rear brake in tight maneuvers. Lifting my foot all the way made it not only uncomfortable but also hard to apply "light" pressure to the brake.

Old 06-04-2018, 01:56 PM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by AtticusFinch
Did you tune with Target Tune, or manually changing the settings on the Power Vision?
I auto tuned with the PV and stock o2 sensors. Did not buy the target tune items. The PV I have allows for auto tuning already. Start with base map and tune and re-tune until it runs better. Thats what I did.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?