Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 09:39 PM
GittinThere
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Can't wait to take 'er for a spin to feeeel all that extra power! Less friction from wind flowing across that chrome rather than the black rubber surface - might be closer to 10 more HP 😜

Old 05-04-2018, 07:39 AM
Mrfixitman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having trouble with my 2009 Ultra Classic cruise. I added the turn signal extensions from HD and now my cruise won't engage. I have looked for wiring problems on the switches on the handle bars all looks OK, Also after installing the switch I found I had to move the throttle twist up to allow it to engage. All front and rear break switches work correctly and not keeping break light on, I need some helpful suggestions. I went thru the throttle idle reset instructions but the red cruise icon never turns GREEN??

Old 05-04-2018, 11:35 AM
Angryman
Cruiser
Received 63 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Found that they do bleed down over time... Should be OK this season. Check the lbs every week or two, to keep the ride the same over time. tp
Well checked the air pressure again today and was at zero. Looks like I need new rear shocks. Anyone have a line on a good deal on some take offs?

Old 05-04-2018, 12:08 PM
head
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryman
Well checked the air pressure again today and was at zero. Looks like I need new rear shocks. Anyone have a line on a good deal on some take offs?
I still think that it is your hand air pump that is releasing the air out of the system. You have to use a no loss air pump on these. If you hear any air at all when you unhook the pump, it is losing the air. Now on a tire holding 30 pounds of pressure, when you hear air at the valve stem after filling, that's no big deal. But on these shocks, the system is so small that it will lose all the air if not using a no loss air pump. Harley makes the proper tool to check and fill them and also there are aftermarket ones as well. IF the shocks are leaking, it's usually an easy fix...make sure lines are pushed in properly at the connections....take brass fittings out of the shocks and re-apply teflon tape. Hope this helps.

Head

Old 05-04-2018, 12:29 PM
Angryman
Cruiser

Originally Posted by head
I still think that it is your hand air pump that is releasing the air out of the system. You have to use a no loss air pump on these. If you hear any air at all when you unhook the pump, it is losing the air. Now on a tire holding 30 pounds of pressure, when you hear air at the valve stem after filling, that's no big deal. But on these shocks, the system is so small that it will lose all the air if not using a no loss air pump. Harley makes the proper tool to check and fill them and also there are aftermarket ones as well. IF the shocks are leaking, it's usually an easy fix...make sure lines are pushed in properly at the connections....take brass fittings out of the shocks and re-apply teflon tape. Hope this helps.

Head
I will give that a try and hope you are right. I am leaning towards they are bad because last year when I got the bike I checked them and noticed they needed some air. I added some using my air compressor not realizing you are not supposed to do that.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:58 PM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,846 Likes on 3,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryman
I will give that a try and hope you are right. I am leaning towards they are bad because last year when I got the bike I checked them and noticed they needed some air. I added some using my air compressor not realizing you are not supposed to do that.
That's a critical piece of info. I'm guessing you blew a seal. Not this kind:

Old 05-04-2018, 02:43 PM
Angryman
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sailmotion
That's a critical piece of info. I'm guessing you blew a seal. Not this kind:
Yeah I figured they were done for. That's funny

Old 05-04-2018, 07:40 PM
18glide
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Installed color matched front air intake and rear tour pack spoiler with brake light

Old 05-04-2018, 08:33 PM
RickW3
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Modded my stock air cleaner (cut out to just a round cover) and installed with a tri bar spinner. Also added my fork lock cover. No just need some time to ride.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:56 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Installed the rear Defiance boards.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?