Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 10:53 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
Over the hibernation period I changed the fuel filter, changed the fork fluid, installed Axtell oil bypass, installed Bitubo shocks, installed new front tire, changed front wheel bearings, flushed and bled brakes with Twin Scan II, installed new clutch cable and added a return spring on the cable inside where it attaches to the ramps, installed Muller Power Clutch ramps, installed LED headlamp, checked the cam tensioners, installed front and rear brake pads and cleaned pistons, and rode it twice now that the weather finally cooperated.
And this is why I need a garage!!

Old 04-25-2018, 11:27 PM
fairbank99
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 🤔

Washed it, then got tired and took a nap. Man what a boring day. At least it’s ready for tomorrow.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:24 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by HogHal
Went for my last ride on my Ultra. It’s just too heavy for me to hold up with knee problems. Sad day, I’ve owned a Harley for over 42 years. I know a Sportster or Street Rod is maybe a option, but it’s not the same. Going to see if someone with a Wrangler wants to trade. Getting old sucks...
Double H, I don't know your situation, but may I suggest you consider roadtesting a Heritage (Softail) Much easier to ride for several reasons. The Heritage is a fine touring bike and ride better(subtle) than the FL'S. I've owned FL's and Softails and it is amazing how much easier to hold up and ride the Softails. Good luck.

Last edited by checkers; 04-26-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:42 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Cool

Went for my last ride on my Ultra. It’s just too heavy for me to hold up with knee problems. Sad day, I’ve owned a Harley for over 42 years. I know a Sportster or Street Rod is maybe a option, but it’s not the same. Going to see if someone with a Wrangler wants to trade. Getting old sucks...
Commiserations. Have you considered a trike conversion or sidecar? You can still ride the 'same' bike that way. A reverse is also an option, to aid moving the darned thing around.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:02 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,846 Likes on 3,238 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
Commiserations. Have you considered a trike conversion or sidecar? You can still ride the 'same' bike that way. A reverse is also an option, to aid moving the darned thing around.
/\ Both great ideas. Also a Tri-Glide or Freewheeler.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:20 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

had to go to my sisters house early this AM and wait for the AC maintenance guy it was 50 and plenty warm enough to take the bike.. covered about 30 miles there and back and smiled the whole time knowing the snow and salt are FINALLY gone for the year

The following users liked this post:
BuzzCap7 (04-26-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 02:36 PM
Nightsterroadtripper
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Got a phone call from the dealer saying the bike is prepped and ready for pickup. I have 5 more days til I’m out of the field and back to civilization. Look forward to hearing new pipes and a new seat

Old 04-26-2018, 03:27 PM
stroker87
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

well i went down on mine today 08 EG, in a mall parking lot guys in the right lane next to a curb dropping off some one as i was about to pass him pull out to make a left in front of me was so close no way to to avoid him even tho i was doing about 15/20 mph so bike went down on the left side fender made contact with the side of his car so its damaged some and the left side bag cover opened some how and got some rash on it, luck i just got a small spot of rash on my knee about the size of a time and one on my head about the same size and my ankle is a little sore

stay safe guys i was lucky today, the old didnt see you got me! been wanting speaker lids so this just pushed me to get a set and maybe a street glide front fender

Old 04-26-2018, 03:37 PM
Pecasthecat11
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

: Took her to the beach
And then installed new highway pegs

Old 04-26-2018, 06:31 PM
Phil_R
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Used some Mothers Chrome Polish and hit the front wheel today since it was raining outside and the shop was warm and dry. I have always liked the black & chrome wheels on the Limited for 2012 and still think the front wheel looks great, especially since it is all nice and shiny. Next time I have some extra time, I will clean and polish the back wheel too!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your bagger today?-harley-wheel.jpg  

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?