Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 11:31 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Mallard Slayer
We just got another half a foot last night Here in N.D. come on spring
Silly question here. Which of the three bikes you have is your favorite, when the snow finally melts??? Have had one of each of them in the past, and am just curious. tp

Old 03-19-2018, 11:39 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
What is going on up there??? Almost Spring, and in the 70's and 80's here this week. Doesn't your part of the country know about SPRING? Hope things get better there soon... tp dd50
It IS spring!!
I do have stuff to mod the bike with, I need to bleed the brakes, install new handgrips,install an acc switch (that will replace an after market one).and finally a beverage holder.......I need to do all tht before I even get to the regular dehibernation crap!!!

Old 03-19-2018, 11:53 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by rocket23
It IS spring!!
I do have stuff to mod the bike with, I need to bleed the brakes, install new handgrips,install an acc switch (that will replace an after market one).and finally a beverage holder.......I need to do all that before I even get to the regular dehibernation crap!!!
Hope you get it all done in time for the "Season's First Ride". Down here it's always in season. Rode to work today, and plan to the rest of the week too. tp dd50

Old 03-20-2018, 12:02 AM
Mallard Slayer
Road Warrior
Received 4,191 Likes on 1,130 Posts

Silly question here. Which of the three bikes you have is your favorite, when the snow finally melts??? Have had one of each of them in the past, and am just curious. tp
The ultra! I can climb on that bike and put some dire straits or some pink Floyd in the CD player and find myself 200 miles from home without even trying that bike really clears my head! but if I want to scare myself I hop on the Super Glide! I just picked up the softail a few weeks ago so the jury is still out on that one I got it real cheap with low miles so I couldn't pass it up

Old 03-20-2018, 12:14 AM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

The ultra! I can climb on that bike and put some dire straits or some pink Floyd in the CD player and find myself 200 miles from home without even trying that bike really clears my head! but if I want to scare myself I hop on the Super Glide! I just picked up the softail a few weeks ago so the jury is still out on that one I got it real cheap with low miles so I couldn't pass it up
Loved my Ultra, but always felt I was going to drop it in town use. Softail was ok, but I never got in touch with it, even after two years. Loved my Super Glide custom the most. Handled much better than it should, and I get the part about scaring yourself, especially in twisties, but retirement and the payments made it have to go.
It was my favorite, so when an FLD became affordably available, I grabbed it up. Still too new to determine, but I think it is a keeper. A bit of Ultra, for touring and a bit of Custom for excitement. Guess we'll see soon. tp

Last edited by dirtdreamer50; 03-20-2018 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:29 AM
Mallard Slayer
Road Warrior
Received 4,191 Likes on 1,130 Posts

Loved my Ultra, but always felt I was going to drop it in town use. Softail was ok, but I never got in touch with it, even after two years. Loved my Super Glide custom the most. Handled much better than it should, and I get the part about scaring yourself, especially in twisties, but retirement and the payments made it have to go.
It was my favorite, so when an FLD became affordably available, I grabbed it up. Still too new to determine, but I think it is a keeper. A bit of Ultra, for touring and a bit of Custom for excitement. Guess we'll see soon. tp
that FLD is the best of both worlds!! My brother is at the point of getting rid of his Ultra for something a bit more agile because his knee's are shot and has had a few close calls last summer, he has considered going three wheels but I don't see him doing that them triglides are pretty spendy

Old 03-20-2018, 12:41 AM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

that FLD is the best of both worlds!! My brother is at the point of getting rid of his Ultra for something a bit more agile because his knee's are shot and has had a few close calls last summer, he has considered going three wheels but I don't see him doing that them triglides are pretty spendy
When I get too old/weak to hold up a bike, I just hope to win the lottery, so I can get a Morgan 3, at least that's my dream.
FWIW, I'd rather ride a Spyder than a Triglide. Remember too often high siding my tricycle when I was but a wee child, and can see that happening with a single tired front vehicle too, if handled too radically... tp

Old 03-20-2018, 04:55 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket23
It IS spring!!
I do have stuff to mod the bike with, I need to bleed the brakes, install new handgrips,install an acc switch (that will replace an after market one).and finally a beverage holder.......I need to do all tht before I even get to the regular dehibernation crap!!!

spring?? with anywhere from 4-8" and possibly up to 12" predicted for tomorrow we aren't seeing spring any time soon here in the NJ/SEPA area

Old 03-20-2018, 09:13 AM
northshore_paul
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

What is going on up there??? Almost Spring, and in the 70's and 80's here this week. Doesn't your part of the country know about SPRING? Hope things get better there soon... tp dd50
Now, now....it's not nice to rub SALT in the wound, lol....but I sure am glad I was born and live in the deep South because I dislike cold weather. Especially when it interferes with my riding! Last night a cold front came through and this morning it is blue skies and 56 degrees. I may venture out for a ride after donning my cold weather gear. I need to try out how removing my heel shifter works on a long ride. My foot (size 13) was most uncomfortable on the floor board because it doesn't fit, but after removing the heel shifter it feels so much more at home with my entire foot on the floorboard.

Now if it only warms up a little.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:18 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,846 Likes on 3,238 Posts

Looks nice. Salt? That's what we place around the rim of Margarita glasses down here. Best not frozen. tp

Originally Posted by northshore_paul
Now, now....it's not nice to rub SALT in the wound, lol....but I sure am glad I was born and live in the deep South because I dislike cold weather. Especially when it interferes with my riding! Last night a cold front came through and this morning it is blue skies and 56 degrees. I may venture out for a ride after donning my cold weather gear. I need to try out how removing my heel shifter works on a long ride. My foot (size 13) was most uncomfortable on the floor board because it doesn't fit, but after removing the heel shifter it feels so much more at home with my entire foot on the floorboard.

Now if it only warms up a little.

The following 2 users liked this post by sailmotion:
1HD1C (03-21-2018), raggmann (03-20-2018)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?