Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 02:00 PM
SCHRAMBO
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Added Saddlebag extensions to my 2016 Rushmore Limited

Completed addition of Saddlebag extensions. I ran these on my old 2007 FLHT and wanted to personalize my new '16 with them as well. This Mysterious Red Sunglo over Velocity Red has been offered for a couple of years and is somewhat popular. I wanted to make mine different from the rest. I received a lot of compliments on my first set so I followed suit with my new Limited.
I purchased them on E-bay for just under one H-D. They shipped from CA & I received them in MKE the same week. They are advertised as direct bolt-on for vivid black bags, but I would have been disappointed had this been my expectation. The quality of the paint was ok, at best. The form and fit however was excellent. I block sanded the minor imperfections out and prepared them for paint. I ordered my paint from Colorrite.com. I've enjoyed great results with their paints on many occasions. I would recommend using them for any Harley paint project. Their website is easy to navigate and their service is prompt. My 2-tone application called for specific base coats for each color. I was able to complete this project with spray-can quantities. I had enough Mysterious Red Sunglo to do the heat shield deflectors, tour-pak light and fairing vent. I clear-coated everything out of a spray gun with material that I had on hand. Real happy with the results. Planning to do the inner fairing down the road.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your bagger today?-saddlebag1.jpg   What did you do to your bagger today?-saddlebag2.jpg   What did you do to your bagger today?-getattachmentthumbnail.jpg  
Old 10-11-2017, 10:21 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Replaced the horn and replaced the E3's with Michelin Commander II's. gtreat improvement in the ride due to tire upgrade. And now can be heard too!

Old 10-12-2017, 02:05 PM
Martiniz1
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did the junkyard Homelink $10 mod
​​​​​​​

Transmitter placed under seat

Trigger toggle switch right under my left leg

Old 10-12-2017, 03:03 PM
RobGultra
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Replacing coax cable for radio

My coax got messed up somehow. I pulled it loose from antenna base on tour pack. Tried several different coax repairs but wasn't happy with it. Decided to buy a complete cable. Tore bike down to replace cable, put quick connect on tank crossover. Got everything back together and got good reception once again. 3 hours start to finish.

Wife laughing at me, says plug a cd in and ride! Not the point I tell her. Damn radio needs to work. Lol

The following users liked this post:
rubberguy (10-13-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 01:38 PM
justinusarmy1
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No compression

So I installed s&s oz adjustable push rods two weeks ago and my exhaust sounded much different. Well I replaced gaskets today on my rear cyl going all the way do×n to the head gasket. I was told by a head mechanic over at HD and he told me I adjusted the push rods in correctly so as I adjusting the rear push rods I noticed I had no compression so I went threw the front cylinder adjustment and all was good then I went threw the procedure on the number 2 cyl just like the front and had no compression. Here's the catch when I have no adjustment on the 2 cyl I have compression. To me it sounds to be bad valve seals or a stuck vale . can someone give me some guidance on my situation

Old 10-14-2017, 07:16 AM
ew25950
Road Master
Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

Great thread! Just installed a wrapped front fender.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:27 AM
Talcas
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ew25950

Looks good! That's exactly what I want. What size wheel is that?

Old 10-14-2017, 08:58 AM
DABB
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Talcas
Looks good! That's exactly what I want. What size wheel is that?
And what wheel is that? Love it!

Old 10-14-2017, 12:58 PM
ew25950
Road Master
Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

Thanks Guys, that's a 21" Performance Machine Galaxy. Best deal I found on it was from Coastal Moto (sponser here).

Old 10-14-2017, 01:21 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Received 326 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by ew25950
Looks great. What kind of fender? Who did the paint?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?