Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 06:27 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

waxed the bike LOVING that California custom M-Ron Glass wax.. followed their suggestion of letting wax back in bright sunlight, talk about a deep shine..

also started install of the CD TF100RS to my tourpak. putting some extra light on the back of the bike for when I have tourpak on

Old 06-29-2017, 06:49 AM
smithmx47
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
waxed the bike LOVING that California custom M-Ron Glass wax.. followed their suggestion of letting wax back in bright sunlight, talk about a deep shine..

also started install of the CD TF100RS to my tourpak. putting some extra light on the back of the bike for when I have tourpak on
I just tried Top Coat F11. Brought out a deeper shine. Then got caught in the rain and the usual road grime didn't stick as much to the chrome or the paint.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:43 AM
chrisg81983
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HD1C

I have been using wizards line of pasts waxes and spray waxes. I have cases of every wax and polish out there, but I never used anything this good before.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your bagger today?-img_1464.jpg   What did you do to your bagger today?-img_1363.jpg  
Old 06-29-2017, 02:58 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
FWIW, I've found, over many years, the more one leaves the bike stock, the longer it goes without any problems. Finally decided that highly paid engineers at motorcycle companies may know a little about what they are doing, except for seats and wind protection. Then they are more worthless than a bag of barber hair. tp
I only modify the oem function of the part(s) with better built parts....like wipers on a car ...the moco will use the cheapest **** they can get their hands on without breaking the bank AND works .

Old 06-29-2017, 09:43 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Hate Work
Um, optimum fuel to air mixtures rule. More air? Not without more fuel. As for the oil.... Are you sure you installed the breather tubes onto the A/C correctly? Lots of threads about oil levels and oil spewing out the vent tubes. Although I don't have your A/C, I do have a Kury free-flowing one. I run a half pint low and have no issues..... as long as I don't twist the wick a ton. Really. That is what they do. The OEM football just catches the oil better than most free flowing ones.
Yes, what you posted I totally agree.
The install is simple as anything with my backing plate. I didn't install breather tubes, (no where to do it)? I do all the crap including running the oil critically low, filling to full, no difference. Bottom line is my stock friends and all others who I ride with giggle behind my back on why I'd change out the cleaner for zero performance gains. When I do a gas stop I grab a paper towel and give the case a quick wipe before the next stop so hopefully it doesn't look so bad.
This started immediately, no change since installing a canned map using a Powervision

Old 06-30-2017, 12:30 AM
huntingnut
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Good day getting it done at American Cycles in Poulsbo, WA. New Ohlins rear shocks -1", Khrome Works 2+2 Stretch Bars, painted inner fairing, Dual 4A+ aux circuit.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:08 AM
ar3inc
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am a fan of the Mother's wax line. And a few of their other products like aluminum and mag polish. The showtime is great to spot clean and the clay bar is a must if you use pure wax.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:11 AM
oldbuck
Road Captain
Received 351 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
FWIW, I've found, over many years, the more one leaves the bike stock, the longer it goes without any problems. Finally decided that highly paid engineers at motorcycle companies may know a little about what they are doing, except for seats and wind protection. Then they are more worthless than a bag of barber hair. tp
I agree 110Percent. From the days when sportsters ruled with straight pipes and drag bars, I've kept all my bikes as close to stock as possible. In 40+ years I got stuck on the road twice, once with a dead battery and the most recent inner cam bearing failure at 70K on my ultra.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:00 PM
Moose2011FLHX
Tourer
Received 120 Likes on 92 Posts

Took it for the first ride since installing the new LRS 10" flat top elite, noticable difference from the stock 12" that was on it.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:48 PM
saafrican
Advanced
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Brand new ultra , collected it from ALIGATOR ALLEY HD in Fort Lauderdale
Loaded the bike and headed for ANCHORAGE ALASKA Lots of rain ,thunder storms and lightening so pulled up for the night in a comfort inn after 350 miles
Early start tomorrow . TRY AND MAKE NASHVILLE

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?