Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

when you say "loss of low end torque?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:07 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

BS. Get 'em you'll like 'em. Samson has torque cones if you feel the need.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:07 PM
MareRider
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Like txfxstrider said Sampson makes some & Kuryakyn http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/1278/Torque-Cones does also. I don't run any, but someone else that does can give you more info on them.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:57 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you care absolutely nothing about performance and riding last man in the pack when riding in a group, go for it. A good example of the torque you'll be loosing is this: at 60mph you'll be hitting 3rd to the rev limiter in order to pull out and pass instead of the usual 4th. All your riding buddies will pull off and leave you in the dust even if they are stock. I'm speakin from experience cause i've been there done that, didn't like it!

Old 04-04-2011, 08:06 AM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It depends on your riding style. If you are a high rpm type of guy you will be fine, but if you ride like most harley riders and ride in the 2500-3000 rpm band you are going to have a loss of performance. I takes alot of torque to get these big bikes moving.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:46 AM
jacknthebox
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Here in PA when your shiftin your azz off on the long hills or in the mountains you will hate the loss... or worse two up!
Originally Posted by coolerman69
I'm bettin this wont be your last exhaust mod!
Originally Posted by bigdumbnoitall00
those pipes will also be tough to tune u will likley never get rid of the decel pop.
Originally Posted by txfxstrider
BS. Get 'em you'll like 'em. Samson has torque cones if you feel the need.
Originally Posted by MareRider
Like txfxstrider said Sampson makes some & Kuryakyn http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/1278/Torque-Cones does also. I don't run any, but someone else that does can give you more info on them.
Originally Posted by coolerman69
If you care absolutely nothing about performance and riding last man in the pack when riding in a group, go for it. A good example of the torque you'll be loosing is this: at 60mph you'll be hitting 3rd to the rev limiter in order to pull out and pass instead of the usual 4th. All your riding buddies will pull off and leave you in the dust even if they are stock. I'm speakin from experience cause i've been there done that, didn't like it!
Originally Posted by dougbk
It depends on your riding style. If you are a high rpm type of guy you will be fine, but if you ride like most harley riders and ride in the 2500-3000 rpm band you are going to have a loss of performance. I takes alot of torque to get these big bikes moving.
Thanks - I have a better understanding now of how the loss of low end torque will affect me - I do ride in the 2500-3000 range and sometimes ride 2-up. After some research, I purchased a set of thunder monster baffles for the headpipes to try and get some of the loss of torque back - hoping with both the tfi and the tm baffles the bike will run fine.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jacknthebox
Thanks - I have a better understanding now of how the loss of low end torque will affect me - I do ride in the 2500-3000 range and sometimes ride 2-up. After some research, I purchased a set of thunder monster baffles for the headpipes to try and get some of the loss of torque back - hoping with both the tfi and the tm baffles the bike will run fine.
Samson has the best Torque Cones you can get. They are 100% 300 series stainless steel and have the best form for constricting exhaust gases and expelling them at high speed without loosing flow.
Thank you,
JR / SAMSON