Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fairing bra????

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 11:09 AM
kingultra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fairing bra????

I was cleaning the bugs off my fairing for the 1000th time in 3 months yesterday and was thinking that all this wiping will soon start to show in the paint. I looked at Hd Fairing bra this morning and was thinking about getting it. do any of you have one and do you like it. Thanks

Old 10-18-2006, 12:30 PM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: fairing bra????

Ditto on the cleaning... after 9 hours in the garage on Saturday wash, prewax, wax, and final wipedown decided it was time so I went ahead and ordered one yesterday (including the chrome windshield strip). I also went ahead and ordered the saddlebag lid covers and gas tank bra... total cost with s/h came in around $250. Way I see it, more time riding, less time cleaning.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:35 PM
kingultra
Cruiser

Where did you order it from. I have ordered from Chicago Hd (bag bra, 6" smoked windshield should be here today) and they have very good prices. Not sure if I could find cheaper anywhere.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:41 PM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a word to the wise. The bra will have to come off regularly and be cleaned, as well as cleaning the fairing. Dust and moisture will get under it and wear at the paint.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:43 PM
swomack
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was a post here while back about the tank bra doing more harm than good. They were saying it collected dirt and then rubbed it on the paint. Can you use the fairing bra with the headlight trim ring?

Old 10-18-2006, 12:54 PM
kingultra
Cruiser

I will plan on taking it off when I do my regular wash - But I can not believe that the number of bug guts do less damage. I do understand that dust and grime could get behind it and wear on the paint. ________ Oh what do I know -____________ I now have to justify it because I ordered it. not sure if it will work with the light kit however alot of the parts that I have looked at will tell you what they will not work with. part number for bra -- 57800-00 69.00hd or 55.96 from chicago hd

Old 10-18-2006, 12:54 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

took mine off the other day when installing new speakers, left side brace and dash lights. been on for over 6 months. riden in rain several times. when I say rain, it was a gulley washer. My fairing looked like it did the day I installed. before I installed I used Quick Detailer and a damp cloth to clean any dirt and bugs off. Then applied a heavy wax and buffed off. I was more worried about rocks and chips than I was about bugs. Quick Detailer has always worked well for removing bugs, including Luv Bugs.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:02 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the bra on mine and take it off occasionally for cleaning, haven't had any problems with the bra hurting the paint. Better then letting the fairing get covered in Florida love bugs.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:29 PM
rollover
Road Captain

I think the tank bra concerns don't really affect bikes with fairings. I've always put bras on all my cars and have yet to have a problem with paint rub. I didn't put one on my 05 GTO originally and really wish I had as I now have some paint chips that need attention. I think my next purchase for the bike will be the fairing and tank bras. I already have them on the bags and love those as they have saved me more then a few times when accidentally kicking the bag getting off the bike.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:33 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Try Lexol Vinylex on those bra's. It is the best IMO.

Quick Reply: fairing bra????