Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just picked up new 2011 SG - Very Frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 06:00 PM
patsfan
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyStark
The only thing that wasn't purchased from the dealer was the V&H Slip Ons. I had those on my 09 that I traded in and just switched them over to my 11. Everything else (SE204 cams, EMS Tuner, SE A/C, Jackpot 2-1-2) was all purchased and installed through the dealer.
Is it me or is it odd an HD dealer would even consider the whole process of sending the stock ECM to Rev Perf for the flash, especially on a new bike under warranty.
I was not aware any dealers were installing these.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:16 PM
michaelm
Tourer

You know, this is why I run a SERT. No finger pointing...

Old 04-03-2011, 06:21 PM
mvent
Intermediate

Tony, simple enough to have the dealer use digital tech or sert to check TP, IAC steps, could be as simple as a throttle blade adjustment or a redo of the free air calibration, even though my ems had the tape over adjustment pods, one was flashing and the other solid on, so I took the extra couple of minutes to do it. Either way, Rev Perf has shown exceptional customer service with any questions I have had, before and after purchasing them.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:26 PM
TonyStark
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mvent
Tony, simple enough to have the dealer use digital tech or sert to check TP, IAC steps, could be as simple as a throttle blade adjustment or a redo of the free air calibration, even though my ems had the tape over adjustment pods, one was flashing and the other solid on, so I took the extra couple of minutes to do it. Either way, Rev Perf has shown exceptional customer service with any questions I have had, before and after purchasing them.
mvent- Thanks for the advice. I will mention that to the dealer. I agree with your assessment of Rev Performance. Every time I have spoken with them they have been great to deal with. They have all answered my questions and seem like good guys. Hopefully, they have an idea of what may be wrong (again, still not sure it's the tuner) so I can get back on the road ASAP.

Last edited by TonyStark; 04-03-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:47 PM
BIGCHIEF
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Tony...You may want to email Jamie at FuelMoto also. He sometimes answers email on weekends due the volume of stuff during the week...just a thought. I know that the sooner you get it figured out, the easier you will be breathing.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Brettcr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-04-2011, 01:53 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

you got an exhaust system, S.E. air cleaner, cams and tuner. didn't they dyno it to make sure that your recipe would work? i'd think that after they installed the mods they would have taken it out to see if everything was working properly. ride it back to the shop and let them make it right.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Subscribed

Old 04-05-2011, 02:49 PM
BIGCHIEF
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Waiting for your update Tony....

Old 04-05-2011, 03:09 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 16,087 Likes on 5,007 Posts

you don't know its the tuner, it might be tuner installer that is problem, I have not heard of one problem with it, most likely an installation issue, or they didn't do start up procedure correctly, but yea they (the dealer) needs to get it right, what are they doing delivering a bike that doesn't run properly? if they can't get it right, they should not release the bike!! don't worry about a doctor, my laywer knows a good one!! some shop managers have their heads right up their asses!!

Quick Reply: Just picked up new 2011 SG - Very Frustrated