Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just picked up new 2011 SG - Very Frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 10:30 AM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am also curious what dealer. Where in WI are you? If you do not want to name dealer give general area and I can figure it out. Know 2 out of the 4 in this area have good performance shops/dyno tunes. If it was like that when you left I say it is on the dealer. They should have tested fired and either put it on a dyno or test ride.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:09 PM
kbktulsa
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

check your exhaust for leaks, the book said that any leak will mess it up.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:33 PM
frydaddy96
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TS, Just curious if you looked at the TTS Mastertune? If you did what was better about the Rev Perf.?

Old 04-03-2011, 01:51 PM
alkrisma
Road Captain

also subscribed

Old 04-03-2011, 02:04 PM
TonyStark
Intermediate

I considered a few different tuners. I thought about the SERT, Power Vision, TTS, and the EMS. After reading a lot about all the tuners I decided the EMS tuner sounded like what I was looking for. All the reviews were good that I had read on this and other forums. Just fire up and go. No need for further dynos if changing parts. Sounded good to me. I haven't heard one negative about them yet. And even now I am not 100% sure that the EMS is the problem. That is just what the tech thought upon asking him. I will call and find out what Rev's take on it is.

I agree with an earlier post that said my bike was that way before I left the dealer so it should be on them. They haven't said they won't fix it or anything yet. It was just the weekend so it was hard to get answers. Rev Perf isn't around on the weekend so I couldn't ask them anything. Not their fault at this point. I am reserving judgment on the dealer at this point, as well, until they tell me how they will take care of it. First, they need to figure out what is wrong.

Tomorrow I plan on calling the dealer again as well as Rev Performance and see what will be done to rectify my situation. My stance with the dealer will be it didn't run right before I picked it up so they should make it right. That's the least I should expect for the amount of money I spent on the bike and mods no matter what the parts they put on it. It should've been tested before I picked it up. Who knows, maybe they will both be great about it. I'll find out soon. I'll keep everyone posted on what the dealer and Rev Performance's official responses are. Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:37 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am assuming you only paid for installation. If you bought the part from somewhere else and brought it to the dealership for installation, as long as it was installed correctly they are in the clear and good even if the problem is with the part. They did not sell you the part therefor they are NOT responsible for its' performance. If they did sell you the part and the part was faulty, they would warranty it and replace it and labor at no additional charge.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:31 PM
BIGCHIEF
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

another check would be the free air idle set-up that they say is pre-done at the Rev Perf shop. Maybe that simple and the directions are in the box.

I'm going to wait on install of mine until I see "what gives" with Tony.

...and this gets me updates....

Old 04-03-2011, 04:02 PM
d2jlking
Tourer

Good luck with it. I hope they take proper care of you on your new bike.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:10 PM
TonyStark
Intermediate

Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
I am assuming you only paid for installation. If you bought the part from somewhere else and brought it to the dealership for installation, as long as it was installed correctly they are in the clear and good even if the problem is with the part. They did not sell you the part therefor they are NOT responsible for its' performance. If they did sell you the part and the part was faulty, they would warranty it and replace it and labor at no additional charge.

The only thing that wasn't purchased from the dealer was the V&H Slip Ons. I had those on my 09 that I traded in and just switched them over to my 11. Everything else (SE204 cams, EMS Tuner, SE A/C, Jackpot 2-1-2) was all purchased and installed through the dealer.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:55 PM
tarheelbagger1964
Banned

Originally Posted by TonyStark
The only thing that wasn't purchased from the dealer was the V&H Slip Ons. I had those on my 09 that I traded in and just switched them over to my 11. Everything else (SE204 cams, EMS Tuner, SE A/C, Jackpot 2-1-2) was all purchased and installed through the dealer.
everything they sold and installed is on them, PERIOD!

Quick Reply: Just picked up new 2011 SG - Very Frustrated