Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was it a bad day to call "Fuel Moto"

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 03:18 PM
runutzzzzz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmy B
I have heard very good things about for them for service and I am looking to get the stage 1 package, I emailed them three days ago and still have nto got a response, I know emailing is kind of lame, but I live in Colombia and calling is just way too much for me, plus the line will more than likely get disconnected, I was asking for quote on a certain number of items, Hope they get back to me, I would like to get the parts on as soon as I get home, that is once I find out how much $$. Maybe you guys know what this will cost from them:
SE Ventilator Black
Vance and Hines power duals
PC-V
Cams for the 103

I emailed them a few weeks ago for a price and I got a response back about 4 hours but then I replied with a question and it took them 2 days? to respond. Unfortunately by then I moved on and decided to go a different route.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:12 PM
PauleyB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased from Fuel Moto just a couple of days ago. The dude on the phone was cool enough to ask about the details of my bike and what I was adding to it and told me that the PCV would be mapped for me and ready to go and will ship out on Monday. Now, that has not come to pass yet but I feel very good about Fuel Moto not only from the praises they have gotten on this board but the confidence inspiring way the dude handled all of my questions (even though some of them were "dumb" questions).

I too am in business (nothing to do with Harley's, or, motorcycles at all for that matter) and one of my peeves is that I/we are very good at what we do yet I still have an occasional customer that, I have gone to the wall for and even saved a job or two with the help I freely gave, totally jam me on price.

I appreciate a high quality vendor and I have no problem paying a "fair" price for the things I buy. It doesn't always have to be the lowest price, fair is good enough for me. As long as I can feel reasonably supported. I will always repeat, and recommend.

To the original poster,

After Jamie makes this right for you and provides you with a fair deal. Don't forget to come back here and let everyone know. I think you would owe that to him.

Take care,

-PB

Old 04-03-2011, 06:33 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by XM137
I am picking up my new 2011 Merlot Street Glide this up coming week and was think I would get a price on a full stage 1 package from Fuel Moto (Header pipe, Air, Tuner, Mufflers).

And to my surprise I was told a price and when I broke it down, I would have been paying list price.

Was it just a bad day to call or what?

All I here is good support and pricing on the forum, but I didn't see the pricing today.

XM137
Fuel Moto has standardized pricing for individual products as well as as for the packages we offer. Most products are 12-25% off retail depending on the manufacturer, pricing on our Fuel Moto/Jackpot brands is based on the retail prices listed on our website.

I will break down prices for the following components as an example:

Fuel Moto Individual Pricing:
Dynojet PC-V $299.00 + 12.95 shipping (Retail Price $379.00)
Fuel Moto Stage 1 air cleaner $129.00
Jackpot 4" mufflers $359.00 + 18.99 shipping
Jackpot Stainless 2/1/2 head pipe $449.00 + 18.99 shipping
Total Individual pricing $1236.00 + $50.93 shipping = $1286.93

Package Pricing:
Dynojet PC-V
FM Stage 1 air cleaner
Jackpot 4" mufflers
Jackpot 2/1/2 head pipe
Total package price $1198.00 + Free shipping

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 04-03-2011, 07:18 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Fuel Moto strives to offer the best customer based service along with discounted pricing, additional warranties, technical support and other value added services such as our extensive fuel map database and EFI support. We do not offer a specific HDforums discount however we offer discounted standard pricing across the board so everyone gets the same great price and service. We have found that while many advertise the lowest prices, price matching, etc.. our focus on supporting the manufacturers and products we represent hands on including our participation on HDforums, our in house R&D and product development, and our map database is what sets Fuel Moto apart. We stock over 500 exhaust systems and over 600 tuning products at our shop and in many cases we have the best prices as well, along with the support to back them up

Old 04-03-2011, 08:32 PM
XM137
6th Gear
Smile

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Fuel Moto strives to offer the best customer based service along with discounted pricing, additional warranties, technical support and other value added services such as our extensive fuel map database and EFI support. We do not offer a specific HDforums discount however we offer discounted standard pricing across the board so everyone gets the same great price and service. We have found that while many advertise the lowest prices, price matching, etc.. our focus on supporting the manufacturers and products we represent hands on including our participation on HDforums, our in house R&D and product development, and our map database is what sets Fuel Moto apart. We stock over 500 exhaust systems and over 600 tuning products at our shop and in many cases we have the best prices as well, along with the support to back them up
I would like to thank Jamie "Fuel Moto" for clearing up my question around having a bad day.

I have no problems at all paying a fair price for a good product and support.

I will be placing an order from "FUEL MOTO" soon and I am sure I will also be a happy customer!

Thank You,
XM137

Old 04-03-2011, 09:26 PM
ScreamineagleSERG
Advanced
Default Amen!

I know were you can order "kind of the same products" direct from the guy in China. They have kick *** support from direct from India...It's the latest automated tech stuff.... just call 1-800-*&%#. You can save $20 to $30 bucks over the Fuel Moto stuff....What a deal!

Old 04-04-2011, 08:49 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a fuelmoto stage one setup on my 11 RKC and fuelmoto put the map in the PCV ....it was an easy install (on the bike) and I had no problems...later on I decided to add a second map to the PCV (one for mileage the other for power) and jamie emailed me the map, I just had to install a toggle switch on the bike, and now I can switch back and forth between the 2 (even on the fly)...easy peasy...

Old 04-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Anybody who has dealt with Fuel Moto, and Jamie in particular in my case, already knows that the service and the people are top notch. I never questioned my price or whether I got a discount or anything else. I told Jamie what I needed, and what I expected it would do and ordered. I'm happy! I think that with the number of posts on this forum, as well as the fact that many many OP's like to complain about one thing or another facts speak for
themselves. I don't often hear any complaints about Fuel Moto and when I do it goes in one ear and out the other.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:28 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The entire Fuel Moto team has been excellent to deal with and I have had a few issues. They always stand behind their products and are ready to answer questions. It took a few attempts and bucks to get my bike running right but I got there with the help of Jamie and his team.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:22 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm glad the original poster brought up the topic. i come on this forum for real life experiences both good and not so good. i use my internet filter and make my own decisions. best not to get complaisant in any situation.

after alot of reading and thought, i too decided to bail on my sepst and go with the power vision based on everything i've read here. jaimie gave no special discount because i am part of hdforums (just like he said) but that would've been a benefit. i bought for his repuation and maps. i am hoping to save on a tuner.

god bless america.

tin

Quick Reply: Was it a bad day to call "Fuel Moto"