Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Leftover Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 10:05 PM
NEriderFLHX
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like others have said offer what you want if they say no head for the door. They need to sell the bike more than you need to buy it. Shop around!

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out! Nice choice too!

Old 04-01-2011, 10:26 PM
jeffreyjames
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:21 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

tell them look at there invoice sheet should read about $16,000 THAT IS IT WITH ABS...so offer them 17,000 TOPS,,,,,they have it left over cause of greed remind em this is a recession not 2000 when they could pull that bs...I would personally post there greedy *** name and boycott em.. let em crash and burn

Old 04-02-2011, 03:02 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

They will probably turn down your $17K offer, but as others have said, that's about what that bike is worth. What I would suggest is that you write that $17K number down on your business card or a slip of paper with a way to contact you. Give that to the General Manger of the Dealership (not the lowly hard working salesperson on the showroom floor) . . . and tell them that you'd like to let them think about it . . . . and if they should change their minds . . . well then . . . please do give you a call. So now, when they call (and they probably will in about a week or so if they haven't sold the bike . . . and if they have a 2010 on the floor at this point they probably still will in a week or two) hold firm to your price, because know this: when they call you . . . they've already decided to sell it to you at the $17K. But that won't stop them from trying all sorts of BS . . . just in case you're not as resolute as it seems you are. Good Luck! I bought a 2010 in March of last year for $3K under list and didn't pay any Shipping, Set up, or any of the other nonsense. I actually emailed about 25 dealers in So. CA with my offer. Some told me to go take a flying F and a couple actually did it in writing (not to bright on their part). But three dealers were willing and interested in my business . . . and all I actually needed was one . . . .

Old 04-02-2011, 03:40 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 192 Posts

Where are you located. It's a know fact that women get treated different when buying things like cars & motorcycles. It ain't right!! $17,500 w/custom paint out the door. $20,200 Power Pack out the door!!!! where are you two guys located. Sounds like a great deal.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:05 AM
arealinvestor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hrlygrl
Hi,

I've done some searches regarding leftover prices but haven't seen anything super recent in terms of pricing. A nearby dealership has a levtover 2010 Vivid Black Street Glide (96ci) w/ ABS/SEC/Cruise. Their price is $20489 + $896 freight/setup + $279 doc fees= $21754 The only deal they are willing to give me is "splitting" the freight and setup. This seems like a really BAD deal. I don't know if I got that deal becase I'm female or becuase I look stupid... At another dealership I can get a new 2011 at MSRP plus tax and DMV. So, it's a no brainer that I go for the new 2011. The dealership with the leftover 2010 gave me the song and dance about the popularity of the bike, how HD is cutting back on production, etc. which I'm sure is true to some degree but who would pay more for a leftover??? Can you please give me a suggestion on what type of offer to make on the 2010 based on your experience or experience of people you know that have recently purchased a leftover SG? It would be awesome to get ideas on what to offer and what price to settle on. Thanks so much!
Damn,thats more than i paid for my 2010 Ultra.I think this is a no brainer.Buy the 2011 for the MSRP.Only way you should buy the 2010 is if they give it to you at 2010 MSRP.I got $1,700 off the MSRP of my 2010 Ultra with ABS & security.I bought it in Nov of 2009.I had a really good connection to the sales manager through a mutual friend.

Last edited by arealinvestor; 04-02-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:51 AM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What an arrogant dealer that is, guess I now know why they get the nickname stealer.

They deserve what they get, unfortunately some poor sap will pay that price for a leftover.

Keep shopping, but I wouldnt even buy a poker chip from them. Be willing to travel some and you can get a much better deal. Tell us what part of the country you are in so we can help you find a good dealer.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:58 AM
TimBone
Tourer

Great bike, you need to shop around.
There are better deals out there like these guys are saying.
And get them to discount an extended warranty and maybe
a few other things.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:35 AM
hrlygrl
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 2WheelGlider
Keep shopping, but I wouldnt even buy a poker chip from them. Be willing to travel some and you can get a much better deal. Tell us what part of the country you are in so we can help you find a good dealer.
I live in upstate NY. The dealer with the leftover 2010 is in MA.

Also, THANK YOU to everyone who has replied to my post! You have been very helpful. I'm planning on going out to the dealer in MA tomorrow. I'll try offering them $17,000 OTD and see what happens!

-Amy

Old 04-02-2011, 06:46 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,642 Posts

Amy; I did a similar drill on my '09 FLHX...was a leftover @ end of riding season and dealer had a few sitting. Of course this is in IA where there's less traffic in showroom so I dealed them down $1000 off MSRP, 25% parts disc & new cover. Now I was trading 05 XL1200C so deal could've been sweeter if I was working straight cash so definitely try for the $17K & have a counter-offer ready...I say don't go over $18K and leave contact info...might be enough bait to hook the deal. Good luck & keep us posted.

Quick Reply: 2010 Leftover Street Glide