Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011 | 01:54 AM
rerb95
Road Warrior

Hey all, I installed (or should I say paid someone to install) the 6x9 speaker lids, I have spoken directly with the guy from cycle sounds, and I will tell you, he is very very helpful and does not push his product. I have had other biker brand speakers with not very good results, I used car stuff, Alpine amp and Alpine head unit, and I tell ya, there are not very many people in my area that can compete (Thanks to D&D custom cycles Lake Villa IL) for doing my install! I love my tunes! Many have asked if I can hear my 6x9's at speed, and I will tell you I dont know where the sound is coming from but I hear the stereo clear as day at 80+. My wife hears it clear as day at 80+, so I would say this is by far the best upgrade that I ever did! Was it cheap, no! Was it worth it YES!!! J&M will sell their product and it is a good one, but it wont compete with a 6x9 system! Glacier Pears knows what he is talking about! And if you like tunes, spend the money once because used stereo stuff ain worth crap!

Old 12-15-2011 | 05:14 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by rerb95
Hey all, I installed (or should I say paid someone to install) the 6x9 speaker lids, I have spoken directly with the guy from cycle sounds, and I will tell you, he is very very helpful and does not push his product. I have had other biker brand speakers with not very good results, I used car stuff, Alpine amp and Alpine head unit, and I tell ya, there are not very many people in my area that can compete (Thanks to D&D custom cycles Lake Villa IL) for doing my install! I love my tunes! Many have asked if I can hear my 6x9's at speed, and I will tell you I dont know where the sound is coming from but I hear the stereo clear as day at 80+. My wife hears it clear as day at 80+, so I would say this is by far the best upgrade that I ever did! Was it cheap, no! Was it worth it YES!!! J&M will sell their product and it is a good one, but it wont compete with a 6x9 system! Glacier Pears knows what he is talking about! And if you like tunes, spend the money once because used stereo stuff ain worth crap!

Yeah buddy. I have mine faded to the 6x9s a bit and the amp is turned up pretty high for their channel. i was doing 90+ the other day and could hear every single note.

Head unit - 350
Biketronics - 250
Amp - 200
Lids - 400
Misc wiring - 50
=========$1,250.

I've gotten much less for much more, so I'm happy. Besides, all my RF stuff works awesome togehter

Old 12-15-2011 | 06:55 PM
HTNHARD
Tourer

That's why you buy someone elses "used" stuff in excellent condition.

Old 10-16-2012 | 11:45 AM
Jimmzride
Stage I

D&D here I come. I have been wanting to have a killer sound system. J&M just isn't enough for me.