Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Ultra Limited CB Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:50 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by klaybus
Are you kidding? For group rides it's the bomb. When the ol needs a restroom stop you can let anyone with the cb in your group know, fuel stops, food, debris in the road, traffic, the list goes on & on. Communication while riding in a group or outside your riding group. It's a nice feature to have!
no kidding!!! nothing like bike to bike communications while thundering down the road in formation, large groups or small

Old 04-01-2011, 09:54 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 671 Likes on 535 Posts

well the good news ..if they dont come up with a fix u could get the new screming eagle cb!

Old 04-04-2011, 10:53 PM
KKKOTRABA
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you try to do the radio update?

Old 04-05-2011, 04:07 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

You have had it in for service, with the same problem 3 times... now is the time to take it back to them, demand it be fixed, even if they have to install a NEW radio and CB module. DON'T wait for a fix from HD as that could take months. Bike is under warranty, and as far as I know, every State, and the Federal Government has laws on the books to insure that a warranty is honored in a "timely" manner. As far as I am concerned...3 strikes...they are OUT!

Don't take NO for an answer. Tell them, Either they fix it right, or you will call your consumer protection agency. They will get the problem solved.

I had a similar problem on my 06 ultra. Everyone I spoke to on the CB said it sounded like I was screaming, even when I was barely whispering into the mike. Local dealer repeatedly said they could find no issue. Once warrenty ran out, they came up with a fix, and wanted to charge me for it. I looked at them and laughed. Told them that it was a covered warrenty issue, as I had repeatedly complained of the issue for over a year, had all the reciepts with the complaint listed on it, and they WOULD cover the cost under the warrenty as should have been done previously. They tried to refuse, untill I asked to see a phone book, looked up the number for consumer protection agency, told the Service manager that they had untill I dialed the phone to remedy the situation or all holy hell would break loose as my first call would be consumer protection, second would be local news stations. He begged me to wait a minute, and then decided to fix the problem for free. He was no longer working there the following week, and GM apologiezed profusley for the treatment I recieved.

No dealer wants the bad press or complaints listed in the consumer protection agency.

Last edited by Trailfndr; 04-05-2011 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:31 AM
bpa1150
Novice

The radio has the latest software according to the HD site and the dealer replaced the CB module on the second trip. I'm probably being too nice to the local dealer but I'll wait a little longer for the MoCo to respond before attacking them.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by sooie
so why would you want to talk on the cb ?
I use mine all the time on long trips.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:37 AM
sooie
Tourer
Old 04-05-2011, 01:21 PM
1Harleyrdr
Road Captain

i like my cb

just recently upgraded from fiberglass crappy ones to the old style antennas and external load (metal whips) the swr's went down and my range increased. Did you try sitting in the garage drinking a BEER and talking to her like a lady. even if it dont fix it you will feel better.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:09 PM
62hdbiker
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

My 2011 FLHTK had the same exact message-com option not installed see dealer. The dealer replaced the CB module while I waited and all is well.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:06 PM
bpa1150
Novice

Originally Posted by 62hdbiker
My 2011 FLHTK had the same exact message-com option not installed see dealer. The dealer replaced the CB module while I waited and all is well.
Mine worked for a week or so after the CB module was replaced then stopped working again. Last time in the shop they disconnected the module and reconnected it and it worked until they power cycled it a couple of times. I hope yours continues to work.

Quick Reply: 2011 Ultra Limited CB Problems