Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago Harley....What Gives

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 10:08 PM
runutzzzzz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few years ago I ordered a battery from Chicago HD, after 2-3 months (winter time) I decided to call them and ask them where it was, they then told me that they do not ship batteries! Since then, I've never been back!

Old 04-01-2011, 01:40 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 192 Posts

Sorry you guys are getting screwed. It's all about them using your money. Interest "FREE" money to them "UNTIL" you get your parts or cancel. Maybe you thought about or maybe you didn't. I'm sure you just wanted your freakin parts. I've had the same problems. Thanks again for putting the word out.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:10 AM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

guys, I live in Chicago and have recently been in this dealership, actually I bought my bike from them. I will ensure that they are not short handed! Thats just an excuse! They have tons of people working there. I will tell you that the last time I was in there about 2 months ago, they had very little as far as clothing goes. I mean VERY little. Like maybe 2 styles of t-shirts, and no dealer logo shirts. This place is going down the drain. I would bet that they would be closed in the next year or so. Their parts department is horrible and that is putting it nicely! I have spoken with the owner (Barry) and informed him of the problems that I was personally having with his staff and he referred me to his wife. She really didnt seem to care. I will tell you that the sales staff there is great and they will do anything to sell a bike, but after that.... nothing! I wouldnt buy something from them it were the last dealership in Illinois. So they offer 20% off WHO CARES! Zanottis is far better, and as others have said LSHD1 is good too!

Sorry you had bad luck with them, but it really isnt luck its their standard operating procedure.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:13 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Grummpy Bear
Try Lake Shore HD (LSHD1) next time, I've been happy with them on the last couple orders, 20% off, free ship over $500.
+1 on LSHD1! If there is a problem you can email them or call and get prompt replies. Have been ordering from them since 2008......no regrets!!!!

Old 04-01-2011, 05:07 AM
The Old Man
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to wait from NOVEMBER TO EARLY THIS MONTH TO GET MY led lights from them. I would call and get the kid on the phone with the computer excuse. Then one day I got Carl I think his name in. An older guy. Told him my story he said wait a minute he'd look then came back to say the lights just came in and I had them in two days. He seemed pretty pissed off at some one an it was not me. I heard that they don't do the 20% anymore. All so that they wait till they get $50,000 in orders so the motor company will give them the 20% off on thier end.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:01 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's obvious that some have expectations that accessory dealers should be more responsive and delivery time should be quicker but I think 2 to 3 weeks is an fairly normal. I have waited as long as 5 weeks from Chicago Harley but I consider the savings worth the wait. I would also imagine Chicago Harley is swamped with orders and can't possibly keep everything in stock.

Perhaps their customer service feedback could be better but that would probably require a full time employee just to handle email communications.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:49 AM
FXSTS-88
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Count me in as a disgruntled customer of Chicago H-D also!!!

Ordered some small accessory items ($150.00) from them on the 14th...they withdrew the money on the 16th! I called them on the 28th...said they were 'behind' and would 'probably' get them shipped out 6th or 7th of April. All items were shown as ‘in stock’ at the time of the order and are still shown as ‘in stock’!!
This was my first time ordering from them and it appears it’ll be my last!!!

Old 04-01-2011, 08:22 AM
t059736
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

It's really too bad that these suppliers weren't given this thread to read.
We always here from these companies about how "good" their customer service is.......
On second thoughts; it wouldn't do any good, what they would say is that you always only here from the "complainers".......

Ride In Peace

Old 04-01-2011, 10:15 AM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by t059736
It's really too bad that these suppliers weren't given this thread to read.
We always here from these companies about how "good" their customer service is.......
On second thoughts; it wouldn't do any good, what they would say is that you always only here from the "complainers".......

Ride In Peace
Tell them to do a search on Zanotti's. Everything you read about them is positive.
I just got off the phone with Chicago HD. Said the order will be released fron HD on Mon, should have it end of next week.........Not gonna hold my breath.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Rucker00
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Chi HD either. It took 4 weeks for them to send a service manual to me. They blamed it on the weather, but 4 weeks to deliver a book...how bad was the weather and why didn't I hear on the news that the US postal system stopped operating for 4 weeks in Chicago?

I've noticed that Zan's shipping is a little higher than Chi HD. Depending on what you're buying, you might actually save money to go to the local stealer...or it might be a few bucks more, but you still get the part when you want/need it. JMHO.

Quick Reply: Chicago Harley....What Gives