Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide license plate trim

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 04:30 PM
zfdtruckman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Road Glide license plate trim

Picked up my 2011 Road Glide a few weeks back. Weather here sucks. I'm not a big fan of the license plate frames but I did want to trim out the raw edge of the plate to give it a better look. I glued on rubber edge trim which was a perfect match for the black denim. Then just some stainless button head machine security screws and all is ready to go. Now if the Chicago weather would just warm up, I could get this new ride on the road. Also had to add my my union medallion on the front fairing, even though I have crip plates, firefighter and police union logos are helpful when downtown on some situations.

Attached Thumbnails Road Glide license plate trim-ff-group.jpg   Road Glide license plate trim-plate.jpg  
Old 03-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Aslan
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. Enjoy the new ride.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:06 PM
HRLYSG
Road Master

Neat idea. Never thought of that. Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:41 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

looks good, clean look and easy

Old 03-31-2011, 06:46 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 151 Posts

Clean look. I like it.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:47 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I like that. Not into those barbed wire, chains that you see trimming plates. JMO

Old 03-31-2011, 06:55 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 192 Posts

great & clean idea. Hey I notice you have a red reflector at the bottom of your L/P frame. Most of the bikes I've seen don't have that. I think it's better with it for safety. But in sure that will be the first thing to go with other guys. Hope the weather gets better. It's only 75 degrees her in N. Cali. sorry

Old 03-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 103 sedona orange
great & clean idea. Hey I notice you have a red reflector at the bottom of your L/P frame.
The reflector is stock. It is mounted on the stock License Plate holder. A lot of rider take it off.

I think it is great to have. It make the drivers lights behind you light up at night when they come up. Just one more for them to see/ignore when they say "I didn't see the bike".

Old 04-01-2011, 12:14 PM
zfdtruckman
Cruiser

I did take off the reflector to see how things look. I decided to leave it on to add a bit of safety on the *** end rather than look at this butt plug.

Attached Thumbnails Road Glide license plate trim-butt-plug.jpg  
Old 06-06-2011, 10:20 AM
wdeather98
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where did you get the rubber edge trim? that's exactly what i'm looking for.

Originally Posted by zfdtruckman
Picked up my 2011 Road Glide a few weeks back. Weather here sucks. I'm not a big fan of the license plate frames but I did want to trim out the raw edge of the plate to give it a better look. I glued on rubber edge trim which was a perfect match for the black denim. Then just some stainless button head machine security screws and all is ready to go. Now if the Chicago weather would just warm up, I could get this new ride on the road. Also had to add my my union medallion on the front fairing, even though I have crip plates, firefighter and police union logos are helpful when downtown on some situations.
where did you get the rubber edge trim? that's exactly what i'm looking for, except in chrome. wdeather98@yahoo.com. thanks, wd

Quick Reply: Road Glide license plate trim