Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

- Thoughts on Denim Black?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 05:34 PM
jeffreyjames
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default - Thoughts on Denim Black?

Looking into a Denim Black SG.. Thoughts? Anyone have Denim Black? I love my vivid black SG.. But, there is a sweet deal on a denim.. Looks like it could be a b*tch to keep clean? What do you think?

Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

On my second Denim Black bike, wouldn't have it any other way. I live on a long gravel driveway, the dust is a b*tch during the summer. Doesn't even show on my bike. My neighbor comes up with his vivid black Heritage looks like crap after coming up the driveway.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Tek74
Tourer

I saw a Denim Black SG cruise by two weeks ago that looked friggin sweet. I think you can't go wrong with either of the two black colors. The Denim just looks a little more Evil, while the Vivid Black looks a little more Polished. But I think you have it backwards on the Keep-it-Clean factor. To me, Shiny black always looks the best, but its also always the hardest color to keep looking clean. It shows every little spec of dust, fingerprint, smudge, and swirl. I know.....I have one.

Last edited by Tek74; 03-29-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:45 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a vivid black Sporty, now a denium black Bones, The denium is way way easier to keep clean, I wiped down the Sporty all the time and almost never with the Bones.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:45 PM
jeffreyjames
Road Captain

Originally Posted by sanlyn
On my second Denim Black bike, wouldn't have it any other way. I live on a long gravel driveway, the dust is a b*tch during the summer. Doesn't even show on my bike. My neighbor comes up with his vivid black Heritage looks like crap after coming up the driveway.
Damn your bike is bad ***... How is it as far as keeping it clean besides dust.. Also, scratchability? With no clear coat, do you run into problems?

Old 03-29-2011, 07:57 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a personal preference. I love my Vivid Black Road King, never really liked the denim look on the Harley, but it's going to be your bike so whatever you like the best is the color for you.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love that denim. Wish I could find a set to trade somewhere.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:39 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreyjames
Damn your bike is bad ***... How is it as far as keeping it clean besides dust.. Also, scratchability? With no clear coat, do you run into problems?
They say the Denim finish gets better with time. You don't see the hairline scratches that you see with a glossy finish, and unless you're up close, you don't even notice dust. I keep the bike clean, but I'm not always having to wipe it down like most of my buddies with their glossy bikes. After my first Denim bike, I wouldn't want any other finish.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:43 PM
francodanco
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love mine, super easy to keep clean. Usually just wipe it down with a soft cloth. Windex is the MoCos recommended cleaner and it did clean up nice the few times I've used it.
As for the lack of clear coat, I have acquired a few small superficial scratches but you have to look really close to see them.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:16 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my first denim bike, Harley for that matter, but I absolutely fell in love with it the first time I saw it. I went straight to my credit union and got al the paperwork done to get it the next day.

Quick Reply: - Thoughts on Denim Black?