Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ohlin Fan Club?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011 | 05:08 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

It is significantly more that emulators, I will let Howard explain the technicals so I dont screw you guys up. The fork is adjustable on the fly, meaning you dont have to take it apart to adjust, I will ride up to the Dragon (850 miles of mellow road) on in plush mode then in performance mode when I get there and run the area agressivly for a week.

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Ok, so you got some Gold Valves. You had me going there for a minute, I thought maybe you had some new gee wiz, engineering savy system.

Old 04-11-2011 | 10:24 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by grbrown
Stay excited! Howard does have Ohlins inserts for some Dyna forks already. He is also working on the Glide forks! Check his website: Motorcycle Metal.
I'm familiar with Howard and his website, I'm running his shocks. I know about the xfactor cartridges and the Ohlins coming soon, but I didn't see anything about s Race Tech emulator system with externally adjustable damping. I jus't can't do another $1-1.5k or 2k for a front suspension. My modified Intiminators work extreemly well, and I'm pursuing my own externally adjustable damping feature.

Masterblaster,
"adjustable on the fly" typically means during vehicle operation you don't have to stop moving to make an adjustment. Slow down and think about what you are saying, because so far on this topic your descriptions have been a little misleading or at least incomplete.

Howard,
You wanna clear up this confusion for me please, what is this system he talking about? Thanks.

Old 04-11-2011 | 10:38 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Sorry Fabrikator, I used wrong choice of words, on the fly is not what I meant, you have to stop the bike, the adjustments are external once you get it set. This is why I dont want to explain it I will screw up the explaination, I am not being misleading, just ignorant. I ride these dam things hard and a lot and can do my own motor work, I will do a report on the new front end when I get back from Tenn. Suggest you call Howard and have him explain what was done.

Old 04-11-2011 | 11:05 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Sorry Fabrikator, I used wrong choice of words, on the fly is not what I meant, you have to stop the bike, the adjustments are external once you get it set. This is why I dont want to explain it I will screw up the explaination, I am not being misleading, just ignorant. I ride these dam things hard and a lot and can do my own motor work, I will do a report on the new front end when I get back from Tenn. Suggest you call Howard and have him explain what was done.
No harm, no foul Brother, I just gotta know what this is. Thanks for bringing it out in the open.

Old 04-11-2011 | 02:46 PM
grbrown
Club Member

fabrik8r, reading between the lines and mixing it with a little inside information, I reckon masterblaster is talking about riding with Howard's Ohlins inserts in a set of prototype forks! I also understand your concern about the likely cost of these things, but I am looking forward to them. When riding two up and fully laden on tour, the thought of having the front end behave and ride as well as my Ohlins shocks is just great.

Old 04-18-2011 | 03:00 PM
glideride113
Cruiser

Been working with Howard on a set up for my 09 S-G, the mans knowledge of suspention is as good or better than any one I have worked with and that includes a racing career spanning 30years. I placed my order based soley on his take of my bike and riding habits ect. Cant wait till Wed.

Old 04-18-2011 | 06:09 PM
getty30188
Cruiser

traxxion ak-20 tubes for the front and bitubo shock in the rear

Old 05-17-2011 | 06:14 PM
forstephan
Stage I
Default Ohlins on my 2010 Road Glide

Just had Howard put a set of Ohlins on my bike yesterday.
I'm so happy with those, maybe a bit stiff to start, but should be smoother after 500 miles. Howard was such a great help.my bike rides so much better.
No bottoming out...

Old 05-17-2011 | 07:07 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

So all you Ohlins fans, do these shocks help with the high speed wobble? I ride the mountains at 75 - 80 and really get tired of the *** end wanting to start something. Bagger brace helped a lot but it doesn't solve the issue.

Last edited by FX4; 05-17-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-17-2011 | 07:32 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FX4
So all you Ohlins fans, do things things help with the high wobble? I ride the mountains at 75 - 80 and really get tired of the *** end wanting to start something. Bagger brace helped a lot but it doesn't solve the issue.
I did not notice any improvement in resistance to wobble, however the improvement in handling helps to indirectly compensate the effect of the wobble when it does happen. To mitigate the wobulation, I've had great success with Sta-Bo II.

Quick Reply: Ohlin Fan Club?