Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Online discounter snafu

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011 | 01:41 PM
pargenz
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Online discounter snafu

Without mentioning names, just want to see if anyone else would be upset with this chain of events.

Placed an order online with one of the HD dealers that offers discounted pricing. This was on a Monday evening.

On Tuesday morning I get an email indicating all parts are in stock and will be processed that day. In the evening I get an email stating the order was processed.

On Wednesday morning another email indicating the order has shipped. In the evening another email with the tracking number.

Checked with shipper on Thursday morning. Order on its way, with delivery in 4 business days (the following Tuesday).

Checked with shipper on Tuesday morning and see that package was recalled by seller. Later that day I get an email indicating that the recalled order wasn't mine... my stuff was shipped to someone else.

On Wednesday an email from the seller informing me that when they receive both misdirected orders back they will ship them to the right place. So, for me, that's 4 business days to get my order back to them, a day for processing, and 4 days back to me. Works out to about a month from time of order to receiving the goods, for parts that were in stock.

I asked that they expedite the shipping back to me and/or that they don't wait to get the returned parts from the other guy. That request went without response.
I did get another email indicating that 1 of the 4 parts wasn't in stock after all, that it was back-ordered.

Now, I complicated it a bit by not waiting until I had those parts in hand. One of them was a tuner. I have already installed new head pipes, mufflers and a/c.
So, my dilemma is now:
1.)whether to remove all of those parts and reinstall stock parts and wait a couple of weeks for the tuner to arrive... and longer for the back-ordered cable, then reinstall
2.) have dealer install a stage 1 download (which will cost me $150)
3.) be without a bike for 2 or 3 weeks
4.) cancel the order and look elsewhere for those parts
All of this during bike week...

Is it just me or would you be bothered by this sequence of events?

Last edited by pargenz; 03-29-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-29-2011 | 03:21 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Sounds like a comedy of errors. I'd be pizzed.

Old 03-29-2011 | 03:23 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

I won't start a project til I have all the parts. So bad on you.

Old 03-29-2011 | 03:49 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member

Happens all the time , I have found that if you want to save the 20% you must be able to wait for 10 weeks.
So not worth it most of the time.

Old 03-29-2011 | 03:52 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member

Order from somewhere else if you don't want to wait.

Old 03-29-2011 | 03:52 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
I won't start a project til I have all the parts. So bad on you.
But I feel you. Because of their mess up you suffer behind it. Well you laid out a couple of choices. If you are already 1/2 way through and its not going to be too much of a financial burden than get the parts from elsewhere. At least then you can finish it up and get back to riding. Its either that or pull everything back off put the stock parts back on.

Old 03-29-2011 | 04:05 PM
legendzzz
Road Master

Ask yourself this- Is my time valuable ???

Well then cancel your order they PLAYED you like a Radio. That was really cute "OH NOW there is back-ordered part ?? Come on !
Get your money back because there will be more problems coming up .
I guarantee it.

Old 03-29-2011 | 04:14 PM
dgretz
Tourer

Least they could do is provide two day shipping service at their expense for their screw up. But that would be providing customer service which is not allowed these days in the pursuit of maxium profits at all costs.

Old 03-29-2011 | 04:29 PM
RoadGlideGary
Tourer
Cool

I think I would tell them to put the tuner where the sun does not shine and call Jamie with FM and see if he can get you a PV out asap. easier and no dealer bs.

Last edited by RoadGlideGary; 03-29-2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-29-2011 | 04:34 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by pargenz
Without mentioning names, just want to see if anyone else would be upset with this chain of events.

Placed an order online with one of the HD dealers that offers discounted pricing. This was on a Monday evening.

On Tuesday morning I get an email indicating all parts are in stock and will be processed that day. In the evening I get an email stating the order was processed.

On Wednesday morning another email indicating the order has shipped. In the evening another email with the tracking number.

Checked with shipper on Thursday morning. Order on its way, with delivery in 4 business days (the following Tuesday).

Checked with shipper on Tuesday morning and see that package was recalled by seller. Later that day I get an email indicating that the recalled order wasn't mine... my stuff was shipped to someone else.

On Wednesday an email from the seller informing me that when they receive both misdirected orders back they will ship them to the right place. So, for me, that's 4 business days to get my order back to them, a day for processing, and 4 days back to me. Works out to about a month from time of order to receiving the goods, for parts that were in stock.

I asked that they expedite the shipping back to me and/or that they don't wait to get the returned parts from the other guy. That request went without response.
I did get another email indicating that 1 of the 4 parts wasn't in stock after all, that it was back-ordered.

Now, I complicated it a bit by not waiting until I had those parts in hand. One of them was a tuner. I have already installed new head pipes, mufflers and a/c.
So, my dilemma is now:
1.)whether to remove all of those parts and reinstall stock parts and wait a couple of weeks for the tuner to arrive... and longer for the back-ordered cable, then reinstall
2.) have dealer install a stage 1 download (which will cost me $150)
3.) be without a bike for 2 or 3 weeks
4.) cancel the order and look elsewhere for those parts
All of this during bike week...

Is it just me or would you be bothered by this sequence of events?
We're pretty much one week after the vendor recalled the shipments so did he receive his stuff back yet? If he did, he should overnight them to you at no cost. If he refuses, check with the other web merchants who also sell w/ discount and if someone has everything in stock, go for it.

Last edited by frenchbiker; 03-29-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Online discounter snafu