Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike caught in rain storm. Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:28 PM
1/3 life crisis
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike caught in rain storm. Help

So I parked my bike tonight outside a friends hotel and with no warning it started downpouring!!! I have a kuryaken corsair aircleaner. Do I need to let the bike dry out before starting. Could the bike have sustained any other damage from the heavy rain or are the bikes pretty water tight??? Never got stuck in this bad of a storm and I'm a bit worried. Thanks.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Standard
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your ok and so is your bike. You could take the filter off and look at it, but I bet you are fine. Be thankful you didn't have to ride in that storm. Be safe....

Old 03-28-2011, 07:42 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Dont waste the opportunity, get a towel from the hotel room, the short towel, pour the shampoo on the towel then get out there in the rain and wipe the bike down, let the rain rinse it. In the morning climb on and crank that thing up.You might get another towel and wipe down the bike again in the morning so you dont get water spots. Your bike is not waterproof per say but it is weather proof. I have riden all kinds of Fla storms, and it is heavy rain here, I mean heavy, never a prob except other people trying to run me over. I also used the above process in NC on my way to Ft Bragg to see son.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Bgill
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

No worries.... just fire her up and run her as normal worse thing that could happen is you do a little internal steam cleaning which isn't a bad thing.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Mr Cujo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fairingfactory
So I parked my bike tonight outside a friends hotel and with no warning it started downpouring!!! I have a kuryaken corsair aircleaner. Do I need to let the bike dry out before starting. Could the bike have sustained any other damage from the heavy rain or are the bikes pretty water tight??? Never got stuck in this bad of a storm and I'm a bit worried. Thanks.

You win the spring/winter blues make me laugh contest...
Well done sir-- Well done.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:31 PM
18BKLR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mr Cujo

You win the spring/winter blues make me laugh contest...
Well done sir-- Well done.

I agree, I'm still laughing!!!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:32 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

You just lost about 5 grand off your re-sale value....because now you won't be able to put in the ad "Bike has never been in the rain."
Ride it...it will dry off.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:33 PM
mfortkamp
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

maybe you need to use some Rain X all over the bike to make sure its Ok.... haha

Old 03-28-2011, 08:34 PM
1/3 life crisis
Banned

Well thanks for the info guys. I put my heart and soul into this bike and it's never even seen a cloudy day. It's beautiful today then a f&ckin monsoon struck and it was a sad day watching the rain literally pour onto in in buckets. Glad I could make a few laugh. I'd rather be safe than sorry though. Ride safe

Old 03-28-2011, 08:37 PM
1/3 life crisis
Banned

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Dont waste the opportunity, get a towel from the hotel room, the short towel, pour the shampoo on the towel then get out there in the rain and wipe the bike down, let the rain rinse it. In the morning climb on and crank that thing up.You might get another towel and wipe down the bike again in the morning so you dont get water spots. Your bike is not waterproof per say but it is weather proof. I have riden all kinds of Fla storms, and it is heavy rain here, I mean heavy, never a prob except other people trying to run me over. I also used the above process in NC on my way to Ft Bragg to see son.
No $hit man these are the worst drivers I've ever met. I gave 1 guy a size 12 right to the passenger door last week when he decided he wanted to be in my lane in the same place I was while I was there.

Quick Reply: Bike caught in rain storm. Help