Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike caught in rain storm. Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 10:39 AM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ride in the rain all the time. It'll be fine. Buy a cover if you just want some extra protection when you're away from the comforts of a garage.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:19 AM
rmw
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I really don't understand this, Is there not the Universal New Bike Curse which states that it shall rain on the day of delivery and thereafter for the next five days?

But I do like the ads; "For Sale, 2006 Wide Glide. Super Low Mileage, Garage Kept, never rained and and never dropped. Maintenence up to date and done by HD dealer."

Which translates: "Hi, I'm an upscale yuppy in mid life crisis that paid $23k for an awesome and completely tricked out Harley so I could impress my friends in the firm. I've ridden the bike 5 times bar hopping and have scared myself sensless each time. I'm riding on a learners permit because I don't think I can pass the test which is totally bogus anyway. The bike has had the 500 mile service, done at 103 miles because someone told me it would be a good idea to change the oil once in 5 years."

At least that's how I read those ads.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:40 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rmw
I really don't understand this, Is there not the Universal New Bike Curse which states that it shall rain on the day of delivery and thereafter for the next five days?

But I do like the ads; "For Sale, 2006 Wide Glide. Super Low Mileage, Garage Kept, never rained and and never dropped. Maintenence up to date and done by HD dealer."

Which translates: "Hi, I'm an upscale yuppy in mid life crisis that paid $23k for an awesome and completely tricked out Harley so I could impress my friends in the firm. I've ridden the bike 5 times bar hopping and have scared myself sensless each time. I'm riding on a learners permit because I don't think I can pass the test which is totally bogus anyway. The bike has had the 500 mile service, done at 103 miles because someone told me it would be a good idea to change the oil once in 5 years."

Old 03-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Throwback
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rmw, that's good.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:57 AM
imskier2
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Default State Map

This is directed at Masterblaster or any other that knows the answer. My question is where can one get tha map you use in your Sig pic? Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

My bike got wet when I washed it. Should I sell it?

Old 03-29-2011, 01:03 PM
rick-e-b
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Last summer it seemed to rain everytime I rode at least 50 miles from home. I considered setting up a drough busting business, for a negotiated fee I would drive thru you town and bring the rain! God knows that black cloud followed me everywhere.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rmw

ROFLMFAO!!

Old 03-29-2011, 01:11 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Note to the OP:

Don't ever consider going to Sturgis...... if you think rain is bad, try some South Dakota HAIL.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:18 PM
1/3 life crisis
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rmw

But I do like the ads; "For Sale, 2006 Wide Glide. Super Low Mileage, Garage Kept, never Wrained and and never dropped. Maintenence up to date and done by HD dealer."

Hahahahahahhahahahahaha. Well done!

Quick Reply: Bike caught in rain storm. Help