Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i want more light on the road!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Gambler1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HID's all the way. LED's just not ready for motorcycle's yet. IMO

Attached Thumbnails i want more light on the road!!-harley-1-.jpg  
Old 03-28-2011, 10:27 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Try the dual bulb halogen headlamp setup from H-D it is better then stock, and less money
then the Led headlamp kit. Wroks good on my 07 RKCustom with no auxiliary lamps,

Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 AM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
HD's "LED" headlight replacement: it's simple, it's expensive and it works.
Originally Posted by TexasJR

Not cheap, but you won't regret it....
Originally Posted by lionsm13
Heard that the "HD LED" headlight is not so visible in the day-light though..
Is that so, and any-one want to comment on that?
My-self, I want to be seen in the day-light rather than be lit up at night. JM-2.
Here is my take on the matter: if you are seen, it is harder to be hit. i spend the money to have that happen. yes the HD LED is very expensive. more than what it should be, but it is HD and is come to be expected. the 524 bucks you spend i feel is cheaper than the time and money it would take to get back up on my feet if i was hit by a car and injured, or my scooter totaled.

as for not being seen during the day, this is not true, at least what i have experienced. i have my head light up an extra three inches. i get flashed a few times a day when riding. then i flash my high beams and i usually get a "hand waive" to say they were sorry. i get noticed and i love this headlight. i also have the Bright *** light in the rear and wow that was a big difference also.

i want more light on the road!!-imag0628.jpg

Old 03-28-2011, 10:35 AM
OlDusty
Cruiser

Got my first dark night ride a couple weeks ago after installing my HD LED passing lamps along side my HD LED head lamp. Getting ready to pull onto the main hard road and head for home when another Street Glide went by. I pulled out and road back behind him a good ways back. I could see him up ahead we where both cruising along about 60 and I could see his little yellow light on the road in front of him. It truly made me appreciate the wall of white light in front of and on both sides of me. And by the way I think LED is ready for motorcycle now the price just needs to come down. But if you ride a lot at night and in the country, well how much is you life worth?

Old 03-28-2011, 11:07 AM
alkrisma
Road Captain

I too love my HD LED head light - no joke BRIGHT

Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

as for not being seen during the day, this is not true, at least what i have experienced. i have my head light up an extra three inches. i get flashed a few times a day when riding. then i flash my high beams and i usually get a "hand waive" to say they were sorry. i get noticed and i love this headlight. i also have the Bright *** light in the rear and wow that was a big difference also.

Attachment 175603[/quote]

Sometimes I get a hand wave too, but I don't think they are sorry.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:43 AM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 112 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
If that's the case then scj, I'm in, but I don't know about spending $4 bills on one though? I'd still like to see a few more comments on it. Maybe it was the Kuryakyn one that is "not so seen" in the day light. I know that it was one of the two that has been commented on this site, either HD or Kuryakyn that was "not so seen" in the day-light.
I've used this same set-up on dirt bikes for years and have never had an issue with durability. The bulb and ballast in my bike have been in since '08.

You have to trim a little around the rubber boot that seals the headlight bulb but thats the most difficult part of the installation.

I stick the ballast to the top of the radio and everything else is plug and play. HD has the separate ground and positive plugs already hanging by the stock headlight harness which is how the ballast is powered.
You use the stock harness to activate the hi/lo feature.
I've done a few of these and I can install them in 20 minutes but my first time took me about 45 minutes.

Instead of having one connection to remove your outer fairing, you'll now have two.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:55 PM
RKMCOSCAR
Cruiser

wow led is that pricey huh?? ouch!! i need a cheaper option!

Old 03-28-2011, 12:57 PM
fm58
Tourer
Received 128 Likes on 40 Posts

I also have the the HD LED headlight and passing lamps & Bright *** Lights in the rear. They are both very visible in the day and incredible at night. We spend thousands on exhaust and chrome upgrades, spend $1,000 on safety, meaning this setup. Do it once, do it right. It is worth it.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:06 PM
captsluggo
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RKMCOSCAR
wow led is that pricey huh?? ouch!! i need a cheaper option!
Hella E- code headlight housing ~ $45
80/100 watt bulb ~ $20
Susquehanna Motorsports is one place that has them.
A LOT better than stock HD headlight.
Captsluggo

Quick Reply: i want more light on the road!!