Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are PC's really that easy

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 05:48 AM
Rooster37
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are PC's really that easy

I am getting ready to order my new pipes and the pc for my 2010 SG. I have read a ton of articles on here about the pc and it sounds like an easy install. The supplier stated that he will send it with the map already to go. So I am wondering what I should watch out for when installing the pc. I looked for some pics on the install but I could not find them on here. I may of simply missed that thread. This is the first bike I have owned with all the electronics on it, so I want to be really careful. I know my way around cars but working on this new bike is different. So I would appreciate any tips on this install. Oh, if any of you out there have the 3" drop kit from FBI installed, I would like to here from you if you put the pc in yourself. Thanks....

Old 03-28-2011, 05:58 AM
sl954
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ordered mine from FuelMoto. plug it in and go ride. Simple as that.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:09 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Been a couple of years since install. Fit due to cramped area was a PIA as I recall. There will be no confusion as to what goes where however. A simple plug-n-play.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:18 AM
MTGlide
Cruiser

Yup - it really is easy.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:36 AM
Kanebanger
Road Captain

+1 on what everyone else said. Easy install.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:42 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,067 Likes on 3,633 Posts

I think it took me like 30 minutes...unplugging the 02 sensors and tie wrapping them somewhere was actually the hardest part...

Old 03-28-2011, 06:44 AM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 112 Likes on 76 Posts

The PV, TTS & SEPST are all better tuner options IMO. They are flash tuners that allow the user a lot more variables for tuning your bike. Plus, you don't need to unplug the O2 sensors that are there for a good reason.
They all have several base maps that offer the user a quick way to safely install a program then are infinitely adjustable for any change you make to your bike.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:29 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Heres a couple pics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 03-28-2011, 10:01 AM
sageone
Advanced

Originally Posted by scj
The PV, TTS & SEPST are all better tuner options IMO. They are flash tuners that allow the user a lot more variables for tuning your bike. Plus, you don't need to unplug the O2 sensors that are there for a good reason.
They all have several base maps that offer the user a quick way to safely install a program then are infinitely adjustable for any change you make to your bike.
yep, and more expensive too.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sageone
yep, and more expensive too.
Worth every nickle IMO. Went to Doc Weaver's school and learned how to tune with the TTS. It can do alot more than most people think in the right hands. Steve Cole is releasing some new software in the next week or so. We'll be able to update and now can also factor in cam opening and closing points. It also is not mounted on the bike and does not leave a footprint in your ECM and saves the factory calibration. The SEPro can't do that and also can't compensate for gear ratio or tire size changes. Can the PC do that? The TTS can.

Quick Reply: Are PC's really that easy