Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are PC's really that easy

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooster37
I appreciate all of the comments, thank you. I am always listening about other options for tuning my bike. I honestly need something simple and relatively easy to install. It is very unlikely that I will ever do heavy mods to the motor. It will probably be pipes and breather, and a tuner. Also less than 400 for the tuner is a plus, I have a limited budget. (One getting ready for college does that) So if there are better options, I am willing to look into alternatives. The owner of the company just suggested that he thought the best option was a pc for the pipes (For the money) and do to the fact I was probably not doing major changes to the motor.
This thread got ugly. I don't really want to post in it, but there is another thing that might suit your needs, Xied's by Nightrider, they change (subjective word, no bashing allowed) your AFR to about 13.8 and only cost about $100.

http://www.nightrider.com/parts/

Depending on your needs this may work for you. Give Steve a call and talk to him about them.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:53 AM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 112 Likes on 76 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...formation.html

Above is a link to a 2000+ post TTS Mastertune "sticky" thread which explains the TTS Vtune (auto tune).

Just because some members choose not to or fail to read about or understand it's capabilities, doesn't mean it's not an option for anyone asking about available tuners.
No extras to buy other than a set of cables so it's as cheap in price as any tuner on the market.

Last edited by scj; 03-29-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:08 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by scj
Just because some members choose not to or fail to read about or understand it's capabilities, doesn't mean it's not an option for anyone asking about available tuners.
Once again, TTS won't "auto-tune" the entire operational range. There is no feedback above 3500rpm, so could you explain how it auto-tunes above that point? V-Tune uses interpolation to populate the VE tables above the closed-loop range, but that is not an exact science. I would like for you to explain it to us since you own the product and are familiar with it. Is this asking too much? You could do that in the time it takes to insult me personally. You did that earlier so you've covered that, so why not discuss these questions? I'm trying to be nice here and ask you to give details for your claims.

"Auto-tune" is even a loose representation of how it works in the closed-loop region since the NB O2 sensors are very limited in the AFR's they can regulate. If you disagree, let's discuss it.

No extras to buy other than a set of cables so it's as cheap in price as any tuner on the market.
TTS is $425 without cables ($35-75) and the PCV is $300, so how is that "as cheap as any tuner on the market"? Also, an FM tuner is around $240, IIRC, and it will work as well on pre-2009 bikes. In the absence of any base maps for TTS you'll also need a dyno-tune to get an optimal tune, which is another $400 or more.

TTS is an excellent tuner, but it isn't for everyone. Most riders simply want a good-running bike and don't want to ride-around with a running computer tethered to the bike to datalog and delve into the minute workings of the ECM. You and I do and we've both picked flash-based tuners, but I don't think either is right for everyone. Would you agree?

Last edited by iclick; 03-29-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:40 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jjnoble
This thread got ugly. I don't really want to post in it....
I agree, and I extend my regrets to everyone for my part in the ugliness. I have a problem with misinformation and thought there was some propagated that needed correction. It persists and I in turn persist, which isn't good for the OP's overall quest for information, but I think correct information should get out and I'm willing to sort it out with discussion. Hopefully this problem will fade here and won't be a problem again elsewhere. Perhaps I should just let the perceived misinformation stand without correction, or maybe answer indirectly. I'm not sure the best way to handle this type of thing but am not comfortable with what's happened here and in other similar threads. I'm all ears and would welcome any constructive PM's that might be sent, even if critical.