Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Police, fire, ems do you let people know

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:38 AM
smokehiker
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a small FDNY 9/11 memorial sticker on my windshield and a fire hydrant bell.

Last edited by smokehiker; 03-28-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m361
I'm not a cop when I'm on my bike, or in my personal car, or in my house. No need advertise so some dirt bag can make me, my family or my property their target. I know a lot of my fellow officers like FOP plates on the vehicles. I say no thanks. I prefer anonymity.

Anonymity is good. We're always prepared to protect and defend but we don't need to advertise.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 AM
PWFD
Road Master

Sort of... I do have a FireFighter Road King with a license Plate that says 3ALRM. I also have a 2" decal on the windshield that says FDNY 343 Never Forget. If I had the extra cash I would have "real" gold leaf painted on to match our engines.

T

Attached Thumbnails Police, fire, ems   do you let people know-img_8574.jpg  

Last edited by PWFD; 03-28-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:25 AM
BaggerSam
Cruiser

I used to own a 2005 Peace Officer Ultra and I felt very vulnerable when riding. So I traded it in on a 2008 105th Street Glide and I have nothing that on the bike that says police officer. You never know when discretion may save your life or the life of another.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:27 AM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

All I have is the Police timing cover. It is small and nobody has ever said anything about it. I do have the hydrant bell that someone gave me

Old 03-28-2011, 09:28 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
Yeah but all of you guys are forgetting that God made cops so firefighters could have heroes too!
on some jobs that is the absolute truth, especially love the backup when we we are working traffic on an extrication. In Wv FD volly has to use own members as traffic control, one or two of the LEOs are on the FIT/CRASH team. Driver tried to blow past me and the windshield was accidentally broken as driver tried to speed by me----- LEO was nice enough to explain Laws to driver and give written ticket.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:13 AM
steelpony5555
Tourer

I can understand why a LEO would not want to advertise, and for some FF/EMS it was just a job. But for some it was a way of life. As a Volly with over 20 years of service, you had to love it since there was no pay and lots of hard work to maintain a company. So when I got my white Ultra and was trying to think of what theme I was going with this time, it kinda hit me in the head. For some reason it reminded me of an old white La France I had once seen. Also I think lots of peoples have forgot... Now I want to remind them someway. Figured HD has lots of flame stuff and I love the Kury windsceen with the fire scenes on it. My license plate bracket say Fire/Rescue on it ,my shift rod says FF with a maltese cross on it and I have a Fire Helmut ride bell my wife got me. I am now looking for someone that does gold leaf to change the yellow stripes over to gold leaf and also want to gold leaf in the number 343. Fireman Joe's has a nice plate with all the names on it for on the trunk I am going to get. Eventually I want to paint in some real flames to tinge the leading edges. It's a work in progress but as of now there is no doubt what I did or or still would do as Vollys never retire.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:19 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by vtwinhd59
I'm LEO and I don't really display that or let anyone know. I run into some questionable people while on the bike sometimes and I'd rather not have problems. My friend like to tell people though while were out and that pisses me off.
Oh hell yeah !

Old 03-28-2011, 03:26 PM
leonm47
Advanced

Originally Posted by vtwinhd59
I'm LEO and I don't really display that or let anyone know. I run into some questionable people while on the bike sometimes and I'd rather not have problems. My friend like to tell people though while were out and that pisses me off.
I agree totally with you. Try being a Black Leo. I'm not ashamed of what I do after 30+ years but I shed the uniform for the jeans,helmet,jacket, gloves and the freedom of my bike and the open road.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:00 PM
force49r
Tourer

NOPE! 17 years of being a Fighfighter/Paramedic running ALS everyday, it's just a job. I do however sport a small IAFF AFL/CIO sticker on my 1/2 helmet. I love my job as a firefighter, just like being a regular dude when I'm off.

Quick Reply: Police, fire, ems do you let people know