Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing SE compensator kit w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 12:15 PM
roundi
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bshapiro
I used the instruction 5 times on various different bikes and I copied off to this word file including the pictures. attached should be: Installing SE compensator kit with pics.docx
brilliant thank you

The following users liked this post:
bshapiro (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 05:16 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,292 Likes on 850 Posts

I used the instruction 5 times on various different bikes and I copied off to this word file including the pictures. attached should be: Installing SE compensator kit with pics.docx
Nice document! I no longer need it (did my install in May) but converted yours to PDF in the event someone doesn't have Word etc (my Word version is older and some docs won't open in it!). Also easier to view PDF on a phone. Nice document!

I did make a locking bar....wasn't too difficult.

Attached Files
The following 2 users liked this post by F150HD:
bshapiro (06-25-2018), roundi (06-27-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 05:23 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member

I do have this for sale if someone needs. Thanks.

Harley Compensator Maxlok MX/T6 adhesive + extra nozzles

Old 06-25-2018, 09:12 PM
bshapiro
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Installing SE compensator kit with pics

Originally Posted by F150HD
Nice document! I no longer need it (did my install in May) but converted yours to PDF in the event someone doesn't have Word etc (my Word version is older and some docs won't open in it!). Also easier to view PDF on a phone. Nice document!

I did make a locking bar....wasn't too difficult.
This is the copy i made of the persons original instruction here in the forum, sorry I didnt have his name!. You have to go back to the forum to see his name, not mine, cant take credit for his orignal and skilled presentation!.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:11 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member

This is the copy i made of the persons original instruction here in the forum, sorry I didnt have his name!. You have to go back to the forum to see his name, not mine, cant take credit for his orignal and skilled presentation!.
I see. No issue. Someone down the road will need it and its here.

Found most threads on here with 'pics' are now defunct since Photobucket disallowed their sharing. Too bad, it destroyed a lot of useful threads.

bshapiro (06-26-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 02:14 PM
vette
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I know this is an old thread But I just found it last week. THANK YOU to the guy who started it and all who added to it. I had a hard start when hot problem for a long time. I just replaced my compensator sprocket on my 08 Ultra Classic I used the info on here for the parts and the place to buy the epoxy. I took off the outer cover filed down the inner primary and easily removed the old compensator WITHOUT having to remove the inner primary and without even touching the clutch. I used a block of wood to keep the compensator from turning when I removed the nut from the old sprocket and when I tightened the nut on the new one. Really a pretty easy job that only took less then 3 hours . It starts perfectly now when hot. Problem solved Thanks again for all the Help

bshapiro (06-27-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 06:45 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by vette
I know this is an old thread But I just found it last week. THANK YOU to the guy who started it and all who added to it. I had a hard start when hot problem for a long time. I just replaced my compensator sprocket on my 08 Ultra Classic I used the info on here for the parts and the place to buy the epoxy. I took off the outer cover filed down the inner primary and easily removed the old compensator WITHOUT having to remove the inner primary and without even touching the clutch. I used a block of wood to keep the compensator from turning when I removed the nut from the old sprocket and when I tightened the nut on the new one. Really a pretty easy job that only took less then 3 hours . It starts perfectly now when hot. Problem solved Thanks again for all the Help
similar procedure here, 2008 Ultra. I did pull the clutch though! didn't pull the inner primary either, used a dremel to file the case a bit.

It was a good experience....as its a precursor to replacing ones belt- similar work pulling the entire primary. Mine starts ok 90% of the time now, still better to let it sit a bit when hot from riding else it has that haaaaang as due to compression, letting it bleed off seems to help.

Last edited by F150HD; 06-27-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:52 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member

Just throwing this out there for someone down the road....

I replaced the HD OEM tensioner with the Southern Oregon Hot Bikes HB125-07 Hydraulic Automatic Primary Chain Tensioner.

Install requires blue loctite btw (I called to ask, wasn't sure red or blue)....and the bolt torque is in the video.
-

Last edited by F150HD; 06-27-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:46 PM
Ultra Pearl
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had this done on my 08 ultra couple years ago, made it start better but I still have the shudder moving really slow in first gear in traffic or moving around in garage.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:04 AM
Mertoid
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

I really like the concept of that Southern Oregon Hot Bikes hydraulic tensioner. This is the first I've heard of it, I thought I'd researched the tensioner thing pretty well when I replaced my compensator 2 years ago. Anyone out there using this? Any problems with it?

Quick Reply: Installing SE compensator kit w/pics