Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn LED headlight and passing lamps installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Kuryakyn LED headlight and passing lamps installed

Just came in a few days ago from Eastern Performance and finally had a chance to install them this afternoon. Install was a snap on both. Passing lamps is was a matter of take the old ones out and put the new ones in. Headlight was just as easy. Remove the trim ring, remove the headlight housing and install the new headlight. Don't even have to mess with the adjusters. Took it for a real quick ride down the road and the difference is incredible over stock. Actually with the passing lamps and low beam I can't see a need for high beam. Truth be told the high beam doesn't really add alot to the equation. But I will reserve full judgment on that after some good ride time. Can't wait until I get a chance to get some real ride time with these torches.

As of now the only remaining incandescent lights I have are the rear tour pak signals. But that will be changing soon.

Here are a few pics. I also picked up the Kury LED trim ring but left the LED ring out for now as it calls for installation over 50° due to the adhesive. Nowhere near that today. It actually looks fine w/o the LED ring but I will go back and add it when it warms up.

UPDATE:

Finally got the LED part of the trim ring installed. Not sure how I like it yet but it is different.

Last edited by Garemlin; 04-09-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:26 PM
usmc3468
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Look good, I wish they had some for my fugly.......

Old 03-27-2011, 09:03 AM
bucket772
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks god man.

I'm on the fence with the HD/JW Speaker light and the Kury/Truck-Lite one.

Couple of fellas here did a bang up review on the both of them. Just a lot of money right now.

Do you have any angle shots/long distance shots? Daytime visibility is just as important to me as night time brightness.

Thanks

Old 03-27-2011, 09:21 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I just added the passing lamps too. Big difference from stock.

Attached Thumbnails Kuryakyn LED headlight and passing lamps installed-img_0710.jpg  
Old 03-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bucket772
Looks god man.

I'm on the fence with the HD/JW Speaker light and the Kury/Truck-Lite one.

Couple of fellas here did a bang up review on the both of them. Just a lot of money right now.

Do you have any angle shots/long distance shots? Daytime visibility is just as important to me as night time brightness.

Thanks

No pics but I went back about 100' and stood at a 45° angle and could still see the lights bright. No worries on daytime visibility. In fact IMO the Truck Lite lights have better daytime visibility than the JW/HD. That was a strong selling point for me.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Tx_Rider
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
No pics but I went back about 100' and stood at a 45° angle and could still see the lights bright. No worries on daytime visibility. In fact IMO the Truck Lite lights have better daytime visibility than the JW/HD. That was a strong selling point for me.

Same thoughts here.

Attached Thumbnails Kuryakyn LED headlight and passing lamps installed-lights3.jpg  
Old 04-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Cougar1959
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Garemlin, Where did you get the cool looking Headlight trim ring?

Old 04-01-2011, 12:38 PM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cougar1959
Garemlin, Where did you get the cool looking Headlight trim ring?
op- I also picked up the Kury LED trim ring but left the LED ring out for now as it calls for installation over 50° due to the adhesive.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:51 PM
MrHog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=Garemlin;8102891]Just came in a few days ago from Eastern Performance and finally had a chance to install them this afternoon. Install was a snap on both. Passing lamps is was a matter of take the old ones out and put the new ones in. Headlight was just as easy. Remove the trim ring, remove the headlight housing and install the new headlight. Don't even have to mess with the adjusters. Took it for a real quick ride down the road and the difference is incredible over stock. Actually with the passing lamps and low beam I can't see a need for high beam. Truth be told the high beam doesn't really add alot to the equation. But I will reserve full judgment on that after some good ride time. Can't wait until I get a chance to get some real ride time with these torches.

As of now the only remaining incandescent lights I have are the rear tour pak signals. But that will be changing soon.

Here are a few pics. I also picked up the Kury LED trim ring but left the LED ring out for now as it calls for installation over 50° due to the adhesive. Nowhere near that today. It actually looks fine w/o the LED ring but I will go back and add it when it warms up.

/quote]

Do you reuse the stock passing lamp housing and cables or do you replace it all?

Old 04-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 151 Posts

Looks good!

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn LED headlight and passing lamps installed