Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not sure why I felt better on RK than SG..

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 05:57 PM
hdman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have both, batwing and RKC.... I like them both. They are different. The RKC is the
easier to ride and control. It is fun to have such a fun ride and can look down at the front fender and wheel. You get a real MOTORCYCLE experience. Now the Electra glide is
the long ride tour bike.... I have lowers, side vents, and 12 in windshield. If its long distance, cold,wind, or rain, the Batwing gets the call. I have never found one bike that
will do it all the same.... Its very personal about what you like, how and where you
ride......................hdman

Old 03-31-2011, 02:44 PM
jeffreyjames
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe someone who has had a RK Police and a SG comment on how the setup:
ie: seat/handlebars, etc could be different on the two bikes.. I know the shocks are different.. But maybe the seat height is much different, causing my body to be in a different position on the SG to the RK? I wish there was a "bike tailor" who could size me up and say, to be ergonomically sound, you should do "this"..

Old 03-31-2011, 02:56 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

had a few roadkings went to a batwing and HATED it, the weight of the fairing attached to the front end,crosswinds hitting it and having to fight it finally went to a fugly roadglide with fairing attached to frame and all is well JMHO

Old 03-31-2011, 03:01 PM
jeffreyjames
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
had a few roadkings went to a batwing and HATED it, the weight of the fairing attached to the front end,crosswinds hitting it and having to fight it finally went to a fugly roadglide with fairing attached to frame and all is well JMHO
I'm kind of leaning towards doing the same thing.. I've rented a RG for the day on Monday, and am looking forward to seeing how it feels. Something about the SG just doesn't feel right.. I am hoping that they have some extra windshields to try out, but we will see.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:04 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default I went from a RK to a SG

The more time in the saddle the more I liked the SG. The one thing I did have to do was get different glasses. I wouldnt trade back now, the more I ride the X, the more I like it.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:44 PM
legendzzz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The RK can be a SG and more. You can get a fairing and that will pretty much do it? If you want lower shocks in the rear for that low feel that is an easy remedy.
The RK is the best of the HD line up it is it's DO IT ALL Bike and thats why alot of people buy it as opposed to the Fairing Bikes .

Old 03-31-2011, 06:16 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had an '05 RK and then an '06 SG. If had to buy again I'd go with the SG in a heartbeat.

Just a matter of finding the right ergonomics; seat, windshield, floorboard extenders etc to make it fit you.

Changing to a C&C seat and a taller windshield (7.5") took care of the wind buffeting from over and below for me.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:36 PM
SGLarry
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Get yourself a taller windshield (8" clearview or similar) and put on a set of fairing wind deflectors and it will get rid of most of the buffeting. I also put on a set of Ohlin shocks (#3-3's) and a set of Kromewerks +2 sweeper handlebars. Makes a big difference...
Money can fix anything, LOL

Old 03-31-2011, 06:43 PM
patsfan
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Roadking works best for me, to each his own, right?
I ride my bike to have, what I consider the motorcycle experience. No radio, gps, cup holder, ect.. I may feel different in 10 years but I dont think so, already in my 50s and no desire to have creature comforts on a motorcycle.
I mostly ride without a shield or helmet, makes me feel younger.
And thats how I roll (lol)

Old 03-31-2011, 08:02 PM
albatross
Road Warrior
Received 296 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by patsfan
The Roadking works best for me, to each his own, right?
I ride my bike to have, what I consider the motorcycle experience. No radio, gps, cup holder, ect.. I may feel different in 10 years but I dont think so, already in my 50s and no desire to have creature comforts on a motorcycle.
I mostly ride without a shield or helmet, makes me feel younger.
And thats how I roll (lol)

Quick Reply: Not sure why I felt better on RK than SG..