Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering W O 575

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grummpy Bear
I just put a set on my 09 E.G. 2 weeks ago, ........, drag spec. 4"+ clutch cable/$45.00, free shipping

Your +4" cable is exactly what Wild 1 said. It's been said you'll need longer brake lines as well. Did you do yours? Also, the MoCo offers a +4 clutch cable in their Diamond series, but not the Black Diamond. At least from what I can tell. If one is looking to stay with HD, is there in fact a +4 available for the clutch & brake lines? If not, who else makes a good looking black-braided cable & lines that is high quality?

I too have the 575's and have yet to install them due to the above concerns and mainly because I have to re-powdercoat them as they come satin black and I require gloss black.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:59 AM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Butcher
Your +4" cable is exactly what Wild 1 said. It's been said you'll need longer brake lines as well. Did you do yours? Also, the MoCo offers a +4 clutch cable in their Diamond series, but not the Black Diamond. At least from what I can tell. If one is looking to stay with HD, is there in fact a +4 available for the clutch & brake lines? If not, who else makes a good looking black-braided cable & lines that is high quality?

I too have the 575's and have yet to install them due to the above concerns and mainly because I have to re-powdercoat them as they come satin black and I require gloss black.
I installed these on my 2010 Ultra and used a Magnum Black Pearl +4 CLutch cable. Part #42234HE or Drag Spec#0652-1164. These cables are more of a grey/black color and not pitch black like stock. I'll take a picture later today for you if you want.
I did not change the brake line as there was plenty of cable left and it looks normal and not stretched. If you have ABS and need to replace this brake line it is expensive.

I bought my bars from M&M Cycle in Ohio. They offer 20% off everything including the Wild 1 bars so they don't cost much more than $12 over the blemished ones.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:11 AM
77Tulsa
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 575 Blems

Originally Posted by tidbit1
I went on the site an d they have them for my bike. Let us know how they look being a "blem". What bike are you putting them on and are you having to change any cables??

Thanks
They will be going on the 2010 Police bike I just picked up from Texas Harley in Bedford Texas 3/19/2010 which is another story all by its self! I will be going with 4" over clutch and brake per their recomendation. At least that is what they recomended when I installed them on the 07 Ultra.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:32 AM
hdman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed the 575s on my 06 EGC..... Super fit for me... 5 10 with 32 inseam... Just right
at sit up and leaning back on the back rest... Very comfortable for me.........hdman

Old 03-26-2011, 01:33 PM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Butcher

Here's a couple pictures of the +4 Magnum Black Pearl Clutch cable and the stock brake cable. Bars are forward as far as they will go without touching fairing. Still plenty of room with Brake if you wanted to move bars closer to you.

Attached Thumbnails Considering W O 575-fairing-3.jpg   Considering W O 575-fairing-4.jpg  
Old 03-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uscanuck
Here's a couple pictures of the +4 Magnum Black Pearl Clutch cable and the stock brake cable. Bars are forward as far as they will go without touching fairing. Still plenty of room with Brake if you wanted to move bars closer to you.
Cool, thank you, gives me an idea on exactly what the lines look like. You mentioned ABS. Yep, my EG does have ABS. I kind of figured I'd be looking at a bit of green to replace the entire set and honestly, that's one of the reasons I was putting it off. Since I'll be doing a number of things related to each other (replacement inner fairing, bars, urethane bushings, some electrical add-ons) I want to make sure I have what I need. Your pics helped quite a bit. Thanks for those!